New Towncenter in Gainesville VA

Since: Jan 08

Haymarket, VA

#4691 May 8, 2013
We'll be regulars at Maaza29. Very tasty Ethiopian food. Haven't tried the Italian yet, but will probably only have the Ethiopian food anyway. Yummy!
Kimmie

Clinton, MD

#4692 May 13, 2013
I heard that BJ's Brewery and restaurant is coming to the Promenade - cannot wait for that.
BJs Brewery

Clinton, MD

#4693 May 13, 2013
Dodge Report on BJs Brewery:
http://dodgeprojects.construction.com/BJs-Res... -(Gainesville-VA)_stcVVproduct Id153830366VVviewprod.htm

They are almost for sure building a restaurant in Gainesville, Va somewhere. Promenade Pad J looks most likely based on SQ FTage.
Erin

Gainesville, VA

#4694 May 13, 2013
Does anyone know what is going on with the old tack shop at the corner of Vint Hill & 29? There has been a lot of cars there lately, and a couple weeks ago there was a county (Fauquier?) hearing notice up but it was too small to read from the road.
brian

Washington, DC

#4695 May 13, 2013
yep though Pad C would make more sense. Interesting menu.
http://www.bjsbrewhouse.com/

Safe to say GAR wont be coming ;)
BJs Brewery

Clinton, MD

#4696 May 13, 2013
PAD C It is:
http://peterson.propertycapsule.com/property/...

It's actually in the render of the town center -- looks nice. Most likely been a tenant for a long time.
brian

Sykesville, MD

#4697 May 13, 2013
BJs Brewery wrote:
PAD C It is:
It's actually in the render of the town center -- looks nice. Most likely been a tenant for a long time.
Those renders have existed for a long time and aren't a confirmation of them coming let alone the pad site.
The restaurant well probably happen as they are accepting bids.
Greg in Glenkirk

Clinton, MD

#4698 May 14, 2013
BJs Brewery wrote:
PAD C It is:
Right across from the Saturn dealer.

However, this is from the Dodge Lead Center:
BJ's Brewhouse Restaurant (Gainesville, VA)
Valuation:$850,000 Owner Type: Private
Description: 6A Prototype at The Promende at Virginia Gateway; wood frame; tile & stucco exterior; membrane roof; MEPs; full sitework package / Outdoor Patio
Hide Details
Project Type: Food/Beverage Service Type of Work: New Project Number of Buildings: 1
Stage: Bid Results Square Footage: 8463 Number of Stories: 1
aaa4427

Arlington, VA

#4699 May 14, 2013
Erin wrote:
Does anyone know what is going on with the old tack shop at the corner of Vint Hill & 29? There has been a lot of cars there lately, and a couple weeks ago there was a county (Fauquier?) hearing notice up but it was too small to read from the road.
My understanding, based on a conversation several months ago with the guys at the Gun Shop, is that Kubota would be moving over to the old Tack Shop location, and that the Gun Shop would be moving next door to Kubota's old location.
brian

Washington, DC

#4700 May 14, 2013
Greg in Glenkirk wrote:
<quoted text>
Right across from the Saturn dealer.
However, this is from the Dodge Lead Center:
BJ's Brewhouse Restaurant (Gainesville, VA)
Valuation:$850,000 Owner Type: Private
Description: 6A Prototype at The Promende at Virginia Gateway; wood frame; tile & stucco exterior; membrane roof; MEPs; full sitework package / Outdoor Patio
Hide Details
Project Type: Food/Beverage Service Type of Work: New Project Number of Buildings: 1
Stage: Bid Results Square Footage: 8463 Number of Stories: 1
There are actually two entries on that page for BJ's. You have to search for it. The other one is for a much higher dollar amount. I'll see if I can't dig it up.
brian

Washington, DC

#4701 May 14, 2013
Greg in Glenkirk

Clinton, MD

#4702 May 14, 2013
I've been to many BJ's and vastly prefer them to the local Sweet Water. The only odd thing is that not all the brew houses are actually brewing on site. They do a lot of contract brewing and the equipment on site is just for show. They do offer a very good beer selection and an excellent guest tap line up that often exceeds their own. A welcome addition if it comes through.
Greg in Glenkirk

Clinton, MD

#4703 May 14, 2013
brian wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/d26jz5x
The post above this one actually states the bid is for Promenade.
Brian

Germantown, MD

#4704 May 14, 2013
The menu selection seems huge. This concerns me as I think I'd rather a place concentrate on making a normal sized menu very good, but it's unfair to judge at this point.

A great beer selection is always welcome for me.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#4705 May 15, 2013
I'm really shocked that BJs Brewhouse is actually coming. I've seen it on their brochure drawings for over a year now, but figured it was just a place holder as they don't usually use real corporate names. For example instead of white house/Black Market they just used Black and White. I always thought BJ's was a bit different though since there aren't any other ones in VA, so why use that name, unless it was actually coming. Another corporate name they use is Rustico, which I would love to see one come out our way. Really hoping for that. I'm just wondering if the wine themed restaurant they hinted (possibly Cooper's Hawk Winery) is still planned, as I would have guessed that to be located on Pad C, but the updated lease plan as of May 10th, actually has Pads A and J larger than C. I think C used to be the largest. So maybe Coopers Hawk might be coming to Pad A. I find it interesting though that where Bar Louie and La Tagliatella is still listed as retail spots on the lease plan, would think it would be listed as restaurant. I imagine announcements must be coming soon.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#4706 May 15, 2013
The construction bid for Bjs is for 8400 sq ft and Pad A is now 8376 sq ft, so that might be the spot.
Brian

Germantown, MD

#4707 May 15, 2013
Vint Hill Guy wrote:
The construction bid for Bjs is for 8400 sq ft and Pad A is now 8376 sq ft, so that might be the spot.
I think the sqft stuff is "up to". The actual designs could be changed depending on who buys/leases.
Bristow Beat

Gainesville, VA

#4708 May 15, 2013
We spoke directly to BJís Restaurants & Brewhouse coprorate and they are NOT opening a location in Gainesville. Apparently, they did investigate the immediate area and perhaps put out requests for proposals to determine construction costs; however, they ultimately chose Tysons Corners.

Another announcement by the Peterson Companies of new tenants should come in the next few weeks.

Jason Shaw
Publisher
Bristowbeat.com
Gainesville dude

Baltimore, MD

#4709 May 15, 2013
I figured it was too good to be true. I have a gut feeling that we are going to be extremely disappointed when all tenants are announced. We just don't have the lunch crowd to attract a GAR or something like BJ's Restaurants.

Thanks Bristow Beat for investigating!
Brian

Germantown, MD

#4710 May 15, 2013
Bristow Beat wrote:
Apparently, they did investigate the immediate area and perhaps put out requests for proposals to determine construction costs; however, they ultimately chose Tysons Corners.
Doubtful.. you don't solicit bids with dollar amounts and due dates for nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haymarket Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Weeping Willow Nov 30 Post Reply 1
News After Russia's election interference, pulling b... Nov 26 anonz 3
bestbppace to go trick or treating in gainesville Oct '17 red wing 1
Construction worker Jul '17 Steve 1
Victory Lakes / Bristow (Aug '06) Jun '17 youngdreamer 103
News The next step in bringing VRE to Haymarket & Ga... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Kiwuji 1
News 32-mile cross-county walk to raise funds for ch... (May '15) May '15 kab 1

Haymarket Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Haymarket Mortgages