New Towncenter in Gainesville VA
Dsw49

Sterling Heights, MI

#4670 Apr 26, 2013
Mel wrote:
New sign on the corner of Heathcote and Catharpin "Join Harris Teeter. Space for Lease." I've heard this rumor for a few years; guess it's really happening. Not sure we really need another Harris Teeter though.
Wegmans rules!
LadybugSAR

Clinton, MD

#4671 Apr 28, 2013
Or maybe there is a rumor that the Harris Teeter in Gainesville would move to the new spot by Heathcote? I have no idea, but heard about that a while back that it may happen....I agree, not sure if its good to have two Harris Teeter in the area..?
Nancy

Washington, DC

#4672 Apr 28, 2013
Trader Joe's or Whole Foods would make me happy.
mickey mouse

Clinton, MD

#4673 Apr 29, 2013
I dont travel down Litton Hall road past the Giant shopping center much, but today I took it down to Sudley Manor and noticed just how fast the Wellington/Litton Hall intersection is coming along! Just a few short months ago that was field of mud and snow.#WOW
Abigail

Gainesville, VA

#4675 Apr 30, 2013
There is a lot of site work happening on Haymarket Dr on the side of the road that backs to 15. Does anyone know what this is for?
Haymarket Lurker

Fairfax, VA

#4676 Apr 30, 2013
Abigail wrote:
There is a lot of site work happening on Haymarket Dr on the side of the road that backs to 15. Does anyone know what this is for?
They are building a school there back in the woods.
Mel

Clinton, MD

#4677 Apr 30, 2013
LadybugSAR wrote:
Or maybe there is a rumor that the Harris Teeter in Gainesville would move to the new spot by Heathcote? I have no idea, but heard about that a while back that it may happen....I agree, not sure if its good to have two Harris Teeter in the area..?
I asked about it at the Gainesville HT and my cashier said that their Regional Manager has told them they are not closing. Look at how many Harris Teeter's are on 50, near South Riding. There are three within a few miles.

I agree that a Whole Foods or Trader Joe's would be nice!
Former Residents

Clairton, PA

#4678 Apr 30, 2013
Supermarket choices for people living north of 66 has always been limited. Unless you feel like venturing into Gainesville, your only realistic options are either the Dominion Valley Giant, Haymarket Food Lion, or the new Walmart. I feel like a Harris Teeter (I don't see a Whole Foods coming out to the exurbs) on that stretch of Heathcote would actually be a nice addition. Although if another supermarket does locate in that area I think it's pretty much the death blow to the Haymarket Food Lion. That place was always relatively quiet and I'm sure the new Walmart didn't help.

Since: Apr 13

Washington, DC

#4679 May 2, 2013
No new names, but additional spots filling up at The Promenade....

http://peterson.propertycapsule.com/propertie...
Kitty Carryall

Gainesville, VA

#4680 May 3, 2013
Perhaps I have missed the thread, but what it going on near the corner of Linton Hall and 28......diagonally from the Bristow Center?
Kevin S

Alexandria, VA

#4681 May 3, 2013
Kitty Carryall wrote:
Perhaps I have missed the thread, but what it going on near the corner of Linton Hall and 28......diagonally from the Bristow Center?
Unfortunately, yes... this has been asked and answered a few times (I think the last one about that area was post #4604 that I added).

If you are new to the forum, it doesn't hurt to start out going back some pages (Page 203 is the June 2012 timeframe) and read on to the last post just to catch up on the latest postings and replies. There is a lot of information (good and maybe bad for some) and unfortunately a few offtopic trips.
Caribou pulled out

Newark, NJ

#4682 May 3, 2013
According to bristowbeat caribou coffee pulled out of the promenade.
Updater

Troy, MI

#4683 May 3, 2013
Paisano's is hoping to be open at Atlas Walk by the end of May!! Taking over Papa John's spot.
Gainesville Hokie

Gainesville, VA

#4684 May 3, 2013
Stopped by Maaza 29 today to pick up a menu. It looked nicely decorated with an interesting menu. It has gotten good reviews on Yelp:

http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/maaza-29-gainesvill...
Distillery

Clinton, MD

#4685 May 3, 2013
Heard a rumor that a liquor distillery may open in Manassas with a tasting room!
Kitty Carryall

Gainesville, VA

#4686 May 3, 2013
Kevin S wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, yes... this has been asked and answered a few times (I think the last one about that area was post #4604 that I added).
If you are new to the forum, it doesn't hurt to start out going back some pages (Page 203 is the June 2012 timeframe) and read on to the last post just to catch up on the latest postings and replies. There is a lot of information (good and maybe bad for some) and unfortunately a few offtopic trips.
Thanks for the intel....Yikes..self storage isn't exactly what I'd hoped for!
brian

Washington, DC

#4687 May 7, 2013
Sandi

Germantown, MD

#4688 May 7, 2013
Updater wrote:
Paisano's is hoping to be open at Atlas Walk by the end of May!! Taking over Papa John's spot.
What happened to Papa John's? Did they move? Or did the franchise owner just switch to a different brand?
wentworth green

Clinton, MD

#4689 May 7, 2013
Sandi wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to Papa John's? Did they move? Or did the franchise owner just switch to a different brand?
They moved to Glenkirk and Paisanos is taking over the old spot
sboy

Clinton, MD

#4690 May 8, 2013
We tried Maaza29 the other day. Food was delicious. Staff was great and very personable. The owner and his father did a lot to educate us about Ethiopia and it's food and culture.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haymarket Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Parks at Piedmont (Sep '08) Jun 24 George 423
Haymarket Police (Aug '09) Jun 8 Friend 18
News Salcedo Guilty of Larceny (Nov '08) Apr '16 Jitz 4
Neighbours Control your kids Apr '16 slapyomamma 2
News Bristow man faces sodomy, rape charges (May '12) Mar '16 Earthchild 37
66 commute Mar '16 Dan 2
News The next step in bringing VRE to Haymarket & Ga... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Kiwuji 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Haymarket Mortgages