New Towncenter in Gainesville VA
BristowGal

Gainesville, VA

#4510 Feb 17, 2013
Please tell me -Old Gainesville- that the McDonalds on 29 is going to have a play area for kids?!
Vint Hill Matt

Occoquan, VA

#4511 Feb 17, 2013
Did the Burger King close in Gainesville? I just passed by this evening and all the lights were out.
PWC Guy

Gainesville, VA

#4512 Feb 17, 2013
Vint Hill Matt wrote:
Did the Burger King close in Gainesville? I just passed by this evening and all the lights were out.
Fire there early this AM.
Anonymous

Clinton, MD

#4513 Feb 18, 2013
PWC Guy wrote:
<quoted text>Fire there early this AM.
Too much grease in the vents!!! That place looked infested and needed to be rebuilt.
Asgoodasgold

Middleburg, VA

#4514 Feb 18, 2013
Glenkirk Estate wrote:
<quoted text>
Too much grease in the vents!!! That place looked infested and needed to be rebuilt.
that bk is not that old and there is always someone cleaning. Infested with what? The puppet show with miss sandy is great for the kids.
Scott

Annapolis, MD

#4515 Feb 19, 2013
Asgoodasgold wrote:
<quoted text> that bk is not that old and there is always someone cleaning. Infested with what? The puppet show with miss sandy is great for the kids.
Not that old... are you kidding me, the place looks like a dump out of the early 90s.

Went there once and never again. That entire strip of fastfood there (aka initial gainseville) is a joke actually.

Who in their right mind would eat at one of these dilapidated places versus the clean and modern Chick Fil A, right across the road.

The fact that the Franchise/Corp did squat to renovate, even after CFA opened, shows they either don't give a crap or are clueless.
Scott

Annapolis, MD

#4516 Feb 19, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I read in the paper that this was going to be a self storage place....yay.
Yep, that's exactly what that prime spot needs right there, a self-storage.
Asgoodasgold

Middleburg, VA

#4517 Feb 19, 2013
Yea. Went to that chick fil a and drove around in a circle to enter the line then got the wrong food. How did the powers of pw county allow them to alter the layout of the d. Thru at that location. Created a real mess and a pedestrian hazard. Then they have young people running around through traffic taking orders. Why would you risk a persons safety for some chicken?
BristowGal

Gainesville, VA

#4518 Feb 19, 2013
Old Gainesville wrote:
<quoted text>
McDs will be open sometime in June barring any site issues!
Do you know if there will be a play area in the proposed building? Thanks!
Gainesville

Clinton, MD

#4519 Feb 19, 2013
Bar Louie and Pinkberry have disappeared from the Peterson site:
http://peterson.propertycapsule.com/propertie...

Since: May 08

Gainesville, VA

#4520 Feb 19, 2013
Gainesville wrote:
Bar Louie and Pinkberry have disappeared from the Peterson site:
http://peterson.propertycapsule.com/propertie...
So has Nando's, although as for Nando's it is still listed on Nando's own website. I'm hoping they are just reconfiguring the layout of the building plan. It would be unusual for 3 independent tenants to all break leases simulataneously. Definately would stink to lose all 3 of those tentants if true though...
Gainesville

Clinton, MD

#4521 Feb 19, 2013
I'm hoping they're just reconfiguring the layout too - but we'll have to wait and see.

Location hidden

#4522 Feb 20, 2013
They took several of the outdated documents off the site too. I'm guessing they are adjusting and getting ready to make a complete official announcement. At least we can all hope.
Asgoodasgold

Middleburg, VA

#4523 Feb 20, 2013
Or the restaurants are trying to figure a business model that includes future undecided federal mandate. Obama care. Many service industries are reducing hours, automation and other tactics to remain viable. Consumer is once again not spending. Dc economy may have a speed bump in the near future.
Former Resident

Herndon, VA

#4524 Feb 20, 2013
I'm guessing they're probably just tweaking the layout a bit. Remember in a lot of cases the initial design and what they actually build can be different after they get a better idea of demand. They might even remove or consolidate some pads in Phase II or something if they don't get enough bites. At least that's my guess.
Amy

Gainesville, VA

#4525 Feb 20, 2013
Gainesville Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
So has Nando's, although as for Nando's it is still listed on Nando's own website. I'm hoping they are just reconfiguring the layout of the building plan. It would be unusual for 3 independent tenants to all break leases simulataneously. Definately would stink to lose all 3 of those tentants if true though...
If you look at the layout, you can see that space F-1 is now 1,582sqft. It used to be listed as 800sqft or so, so it looks like they did a complete change to that half of that building. So they would have to get new leases from all the tenants that were there. I know Pinkberry was in that building and I'm pretty sure that's where Nando's was, too.
bjoneill

Washington, DC

#4526 Feb 20, 2013
uh oh.. It went from 11 (excluding BJ's and Theater) buildings marked as having tenants to 7.

A good number used to just say tenant.

They did add Charming Charlie to the list.
They have also added photos of construction.
Building B, D, F and Pad C are going up now.

Gainesville, VA

#4527 Feb 20, 2013
bjoneill wrote:
uh oh.. It went from 11 (excluding BJ's and Theater) buildings marked as having tenants to 7.
A good number used to just say tenant.
They did add Charming Charlie to the list.
They have also added photos of construction.
Building B, D, F and Pad C are going up now.
Although they still list Bar Louies and Nando's in their updated brochure (page 3), the recently updated interactive map on the original vagateway.com website, as well as the existing press release still on the Peterson site.

If only one of them was removed I would assume they broke the lease, but 3 leaving at once I am guessing they just haven't decided exactly which location they will be in. Time will tell though...
Brian

Washington, DC

#4528 Feb 20, 2013
Gainesville Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Although they still list Bar Louies and Nando's in their updated brochure (page 3), the recently updated interactive map on the original vagateway.com website, as well as the existing press release still on the Peterson site.
If only one of them was removed I would assume they broke the lease, but 3 leaving at once I am guessing they just haven't decided exactly which location they will be in. Time will tell though...
We'll soon see.
Interesting on page 11 they show tenants along the top and it includes Pinkberry and Caribou Coffee (which is new to me).
I can't tell when this document was made/updated.

Gainesville, VA

#4529 Feb 20, 2013
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll soon see.
Interesting on page 11 they show tenants along the top and it includes Pinkberry and Caribou Coffee (which is new to me).
I can't tell when this document was made/updated.
That brochure was updated Feb 15, 2013. The flyer was updated Feb 19, 2013. Note that when you are in the document you can right click and choose "document properties" to see this.

I doubt they lost 3 tenants between last Friday and the Tuesday after a long holiday weekend, although anything is possible. And good eye on the Caribou Coffee, looks like that is a tenant as well(at least it was last Friday lol).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haymarket Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Victory Lakes / Bristow (Aug '06) Jun 24 youngdreamer 103
News Obama joins private golf club in Virginia Jun 1 I See the Light 21
News Joint committee takes aim at Prince William's 2... May '17 Bob Martin 1
Atlantic Research Corporation (May '14) Mar '17 Guest 4
Stepney Plantation (Dec '13) Feb '17 ringgoldlover 6
Parks at Piedmont (Sep '08) Jan '17 Vanessa 434
News The next step in bringing VRE to Haymarket & Ga... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Kiwuji 1

Haymarket Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Haymarket Mortgages