|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Gainesville Guy wrote:
Looks like the Bungalow Ale House is converting to Grafton Street this month. I believe the sale of Bungalow occured several weeks ago but looks like the changeover is happening now. New menu, but looks like it will keep the large tap selection which was the only thing I really liked about Bungalow. Hopefully the quality of food is higher now...
http://www.graftonstreetva.com/
Wow, it really seems like nothing can stick around in that spot for more than a couple years. The wife and I actually liked Bungalow, they did have a good beer selection and some of their dishes were pretty good. The only thing was their menu never seemed to change. After a handful of visits we kinda just got bored with it. Here's hoping the new tenant does well.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Gainesville Guy wrote:
New menu, but looks like it will keep the large tap selection which was the only thing I really liked about Bungalow. Hopefully the quality of food is higher now...
http://www.graftonstreetva.com/
They look to have a couple of good steak offerings. I really hope they are tasty as it would be nice to finally have a good place to get a steak in the Gainesville area.
Buttercup

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Former Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be a nice addition. I believe McDonald's is basically saying the biggest challenge is that they're confined to the existing footprint. I doubt the town would even let them do much more than change their style, and even then they're going to really be critical since they view the 55/15 intersection as the "gateway" of the town. They seem to want all of the retailers there to follow the look of CVS.
I think that it is a smart idea to hold McDonald's to a more traditional looking/colonial style footprint. They can still add a play area and spruce up the inside to the newer looks. I think he gateway thought is valid. Otherwise it starts to get really hodge podgey and that is not so good.
Buttercup

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

KenL wrote:
<quoted text>
Rt. 15 is the problem. On a Saturday and Sunday, it can be backed up for a 1/2 mile heading North towards that intersection. At the very least, they need to widen that intersection to allow for more turning and thru lanes. Ideally, Rt 15 should be widened to 4 lanes, but I doubt that will happen.
It won't happen. Once they fix the clover leaf at I-66 and 15 the traffic should flow better. It is so bad on 15 now going south to 66 that it is ridiculous! After school hours are particularly bad. So bad in fact that I will use Old Carolina to Heathcote and get on 66 in Gainesville. Also, once the Gainesville/Linton Hall work is done, fewer people will try and bypass it all on rte.15 too. I least I hope so!
Haymarket Mom

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Does anyone know what they are building behind the VDOT building, next to Gainesville Ballet?? The building reminds me of a furniture store.
Gman

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Haymarket Mom wrote:
Does anyone know what they are building behind the VDOT building, next to Gainesville Ballet?? The building reminds me of a furniture store.
I want to say that is Nordine Salon, as I think it has been mentioned by a couple of forumers/posters.
Former Resident

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Buttercup wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that it is a smart idea to hold McDonald's to a more traditional looking/colonial style footprint. They can still add a play area and spruce up the inside to the newer looks. I think he gateway thought is valid. Otherwise it starts to get really hodge podgey and that is not so good.
I don't necessarily disagree. I understand their concerns in wanting to keep the strip charming and not become just another traffic-clogged town off an interstate. I think they can also do businesses a favor and not be so stringent on other things. There must be a reason why the strip mall pad behind CVS has been unfilled for like 4 years while Haymarket Village Center across the street has no problem finding tenants for theirs.
Buttercup wrote:
<quoted text>It won't happen. Once they fix the clover leaf at I-66 and 15 the traffic should flow better. It is so bad on 15 now going south to 66 that it is ridiculous! After school hours are particularly bad. So bad in fact that I will use Old Carolina to Heathcote and get on 66 in Gainesville. Also, once the Gainesville/Linton Hall work is done, fewer people will try and bypass it all on rte.15 too. I least I hope so!
The new interchange should definitely help, it's just a shame it won't even start going up until 2015. It's also disappointing that there was never enough room to do a full cloverleaf. It looks like VDOT is leaning towards doing the flyover ramp that will bring 15 south traffic onto 66 east, which IMO is needed the most. Hopefully VDOT puts out an update on the 66 widening that's supposed to start this year as well.
Bill

Haymarket, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Another one bites the dust. I noticed today that Thursday's Restaurant in Heritage Hunt is closed.
Buttercup

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

So today my husband informs me that he was told by the manager at the Chili's in Gainesville that is a lock solid guarantee that the new towncenter is going to have a Sweetwater and the who arrangement was going to look just like the strip mall that faces 66 in Manassas where the Regal Theaters are. Anyone hear about this? Sounds kinda different from what I read here. Likely just a rumor, but wondering....
Buttercup

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Bill wrote:
Another one bites the dust. I noticed today that Thursday's Restaurant in Heritage Hunt is closed.
That place was terrible. No loss there. They really need a good quality diner type of place to appeal to families with children who want different things and to the seniors in HH.

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Buttercup wrote:
So today my husband informs me that he was told by the manager at the Chili's in Gainesville that is a lock solid guarantee that the new towncenter is going to have a Sweetwater and the who arrangement was going to look just like the strip mall that faces 66 in Manassas where the Regal Theaters are. Anyone hear about this? Sounds kinda different from what I read here. Likely just a rumor, but wondering....
LOL well the "lock solid guarantee" that "the arrangement was going to look just like the strip mall across from Manassas" is already patently false. The site plan is widely available online and they have already poured the concrete for the curbs for most of it.

http://peterson.propertycapsule.com/propertie...

So I would doubt the Sweetwater "lock solid guarantee" is factual either, although that has been rumored multiple times in the past so it MIGHT happen. But I don't think that Chili manager has established any credibility with his other claim.

Since: Jan 08

Haymarket, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Buttercup wrote:
<quoted text>
That place was terrible. No loss there. They really need a good quality diner type of place to appeal to families with children who want different things and to the seniors in HH.
We tried early on to give them a chance but we gave up. It was pretty bad. The restaurant business seems to be quite tough for most.
BristowMom

Bristow, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

This was shared today via Facebook regarding what Promenade will look like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Also, Little Caesars and Penn Station subs are both opening over by the new Walmart in Haymarket. Both hiring now and my understanding it LC is opening in 2 weeks!

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

A couple Gainesvile retail site disturbance permits issued recently:

El Tio Tex-Mex Grill, 7501 Linton Hall Rd. Addition of outdoor seating to restaurant.

Gainesville Corner, 14302 Lee Hwy. Construction of a 9,240-square-foot retail building.

Anybody know what is going in Gainesville Corner? That is the property near the CVS. Too big for the McDonalds I would think.
gainesville guy

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Does anyone know exactly what the new building is in front of USTIGERS? i think it was mentioned before as some medical place. Anyone know exactly what it is?

Since: Jul 11

Bristow, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Gainesville Guy wrote:
A couple Gainesvile retail site disturbance permits issued recently:
El Tio Tex-Mex Grill, 7501 Linton Hall Rd. Addition of outdoor seating to restaurant.
Gainesville Corner, 14302 Lee Hwy. Construction of a 9,240-square-foot retail building.
Anybody know what is going in Gainesville Corner? That is the property near the CVS. Too big for the McDonalds I would think.
According to older (2011) documents, that site was approved to be the location of the relocated McDonalds.
http://eservice.pwcgov.org/documents/bocs/age...
But that document indicates it would be just over 4000 sq.ft.

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Bristow J wrote:
<quoted text>
According to older (2011) documents, that site was approved to be the location of the relocated McDonalds.
http://eservice.pwcgov.org/documents/bocs/age...
But that document indicates it would be just over 4000 sq.ft.
Yeah, the McDonalds is definately going over there somewhere as well. In fact, the entire tract of land is quite large, and will ultimately support a fairly large center with multiple anchor sized buildings. I've seen a draft site plan for it before but cannot locate it now.

But I don't think the 9000+ square foot building is the McDonalds as it seems too big.
Brian

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

article re: Grafton Street and Golfsmith.

http://bristowbeat.com/business/virginia-gate...

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Gainesville Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the McDonalds is definately going over there somewhere as well. In fact, the entire tract of land is quite large, and will ultimately support a fairly large center with multiple anchor sized buildings. I've seen a draft site plan for it before but cannot locate it now.
But I don't think the 9000+ square foot building is the McDonalds as it seems too big.
By the way here is that old site plan I was referring to:

http://www.silvercommercialbrokerage.com/wp-c...

It actually looks to be still maintained given the date of the folder the file is in (2012).

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Gainesville Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way here is that old site plan I was referring to:
It actually looks to be still maintained given the date of the folder the file is in (2012).
Actually this is probably a better link for the relevqant site disturbance permit, which shows the part of the parcel that includes the McDonalds. Looks like they broke this tract of land into 2 parcels "Gardner Station" and "Gardner Square" I think.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,401 - 4,420 of5,116
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Haymarket Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Haymarket People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance