Since: May 08

Location hidden

#4389 Dec 14, 2012

Bristow, VA

#4390 Dec 17, 2012
Looks like Golfsmith will also be a tenant at Virginia Gateway (I'm assuming Promenade?) based on this article:

http://www.bisnow.com/dc-real-estate/2012/12/...

"Peterson Cos' Marc Menick, Paul Weinschenk, and Nick Over (missing was Andrew Kabat) announced the first wave of leases at the 300k SF Promenade at Virginia Gateway. The $70M center's anchor will be a 14-screen Regal movie theater, opening this coming fall. It'll also offer Ann Taylor Loft, White House | Black Market, Soma, one of the country's first 10 La Tagliatella restaurants, Bar Louis, Nando's Peri Peri, and Pinkberry.

Dave (three pics up) tells us he and Matt sealed the deal on one more Virginia Gateway tenant, Golfsmith, right there at ICSC."
Former Resident

Fairfax, VA

#4391 Dec 18, 2012
I believe the entire center is known as Virginia Gateway and it is broken down into smaller pieces. For example the northern shops is Atlas Walk (at Virginia Gateway), the big box stores is Gateway Crossing, and the southern end will be The Promenade. I could be wrong though, maybe it's changed since the initial layout was crafted. I know The Promenade was originally going to be called Market Square if I'm not mistaken.
Brian

Frederick, MD

#4392 Dec 18, 2012
Former Resident wrote:
I believe the entire center is known as Virginia Gateway and it is broken down into smaller pieces. For example the northern shops is Atlas Walk (at Virginia Gateway), the big box stores is Gateway Crossing, and the southern end will be The Promenade. I could be wrong though, maybe it's changed since the initial layout was crafted. I know The Promenade was originally going to be called Market Square if I'm not mistaken.
I don't know anything about Golfsmith and how large their stores usually are. I would think it would be most desirable to be in the new Promenade area, but if the stores need a larger footprint... I'd guess one of the two vacant spots (former Linen's and Things/World Market).

Bristow, VA

#4393 Dec 18, 2012
Former Resident wrote:
Yup all of the components of the center are referred to as Virginia Gateway (Atlas Walk, Giant Center, Gateway Plaza, Gateway Crossing, Gateway Commons, Promenade, Wentworth Green). As for Golfsmith I was assuming the Promenade component only because the preceding paragraph was talking about the Promenade component, but the exact wording for Golfsmith just said Virginia Gateway which might mean somewhere else within Virginia Gateway. I think it would actually make more sense for Golfsmith to go in the component near Sports Authority (Gateway Commons) as I believe Golfsmith's are pretty large.
Brian

Frederick, MD

#4394 Dec 18, 2012
It is listed here. http://www.vagateway.com/shopping.cfm...

Not that it means it won't be in Promenade, but based on footprint. I'm going to guess it goes into the Gateway Commons part.
NOVA girl

Gainesville, VA

#4395 Dec 18, 2012
It'll be called Promenade at the Gateway and is developed by Peterson Companies. There'll be a movie theatre and shopping centers

Bristow, VA

#4396 Dec 18, 2012
Brian wrote:
It is listed here. http://www.vagateway.com/shopping.cfm...
Not that it means it won't be in Promenade, but based on footprint. I'm going to guess it goes into the Gateway Commons part.
Yup looks that way. None of the Promenade tenants are on that list so looks like one of those big Gateway Commons vacancies will be filled soon. A great fit for the area too.
Former Resident

Fairfax, VA

#4397 Dec 18, 2012
Gainesville Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup looks that way. None of the Promenade tenants are on that list so looks like one of those big Gateway Commons vacancies will be filled soon. A great fit for the area too.
If that's the case that would be great news. I'm of the mindset that filling up current vacancies is always better than building new centers then trying to fill the pads later. Not only does it just look better when you're driving around but the lack of vacancies can potentially make the area more appealing to prospective tenants.
Brian

Frederick, MD

#4398 Dec 18, 2012
Former Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's the case that would be great news. I'm of the mindset that filling up current vacancies is always better than building new centers then trying to fill the pads later. Not only does it just look better when you're driving around but the lack of vacancies can potentially make the area more appealing to prospective tenants.
I'd normally agree, but it may be that they are coming here due to the new center being built.
I'd guess a golf centric retailer would do well there.
Former Resident

Fairfax, VA

#4399 Dec 18, 2012
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd normally agree, but it may be that they are coming here due to the new center being built.
Yeah, I was speaking in general, not specific to Golfsmith. It's always a good sign though when such a large retailer fills up a vacancy.

I happened to go on Google Maps just now and noticed that they updated some of their imagery for the area. It actually shows the interchange and Promenade construction, so it must be pretty recent. It's nice to see that considering most of the imagery is old. Based on my development alone I would say it was last taken in mid 2008.

Bristow, VA

#4400 Dec 18, 2012
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>
The new Promenade section should help all the retailers in Gateway Commons as well I would think. Gives them much more visibility and traffic flow. I think if World Market stuck it out they would eventually have been succesful there with the Promenade opening.

Since: Apr 12

Haymarket, VA

#4401 Dec 20, 2012
Anyone knows if Starbucks coming to the Haymarket location, it will beat driving across RT29.

I thought PF Changs and CheeseCake Factory would be one of the first to lease at the Promenade
Brian

Manassas, VA

#4402 Dec 20, 2012
jermell wrote:
Anyone knows if Starbucks coming to the Haymarket location, it will beat driving across RT29.
I thought PF Changs and CheeseCake Factory would be one of the first to lease at the Promenade
PF Changs doesn't make sense with Pei Wei across the way. Cheesecake Factory is a different story.

Location hidden

#4403 Dec 21, 2012
PF Changs was one of the restaurants listed when the initial list of tenants was released prematurely, even though I do realize Pei Wei is there too. Pei Wei would definitely take away from any lunch crowd. As for TCF, not sure they were ever listed for the Gateway and would probably not survive in Gainesville for now. Just not enough lunch crowd. Need more corporate offices. I would enjoy a Melting Pot closer than Reston, and they might do well since they are only open for the dinner crowd anyways.
Former Resident

Pittsburgh, PA

#4404 Dec 21, 2012
For anyone interested both McDonald's and Sheetz had informal discussions with the Haymarket Architectural Review Board on Wednesday night. They provided the board with elevation drawings of their designs and discussed them for about 25min each.

McDonald's plans on just renovating the existing building to their newer style (if you're familiar with the one near the Fair Lakes shopping center they want it to look just like that).

Sheetz however is doing a complete tear down of their current building and putting a newer one up further back on the lot (where their stormwater management pond is). The benefit of this is not only will the building be newer but it will be further away from the new pumps they will install (and there will be more of those as well).

The board seemed skeptical about certain details both company's designs, but definitely seemed more impressed with the presentation Sheetz put on. They reiterated this is still very early in the process so I'm not sure what the timetable will be for any of this, I believe the next step is to come back in front of the board either next month or February after taking the board's input from Wednesday into consideration.

Since: Dec 12

Haymarket, VA

#4405 Dec 21, 2012
Vint Hill Guy wrote:
PF Changs was one of the restaurants listed when the initial list of tenants was released prematurely, even though I do realize Pei Wei is there too. Pei Wei would definitely take away from any lunch crowd. As for TCF, not sure they were ever listed for the Gateway and would probably not survive in Gainesville for now. Just not enough lunch crowd. Need more corporate offices. I would enjoy a Melting Pot closer than Reston, and they might do well since they are only open for the dinner crowd anyways.
Do you realize that Pei Wei and PF Changs are the same company?
Crewdog5

Gainesville, VA

#4406 Dec 22, 2012
Looks like they moved in a construction trailer near the movie theater pad. Hopefully it is a sign that construction will start soon!
meme

Haymarket, VA

#4407 Dec 22, 2012
Vint Hill Guy wrote:
I would enjoy a Melting Pot closer than Reston, and they might do well since they are only open for the dinner crowd anyways.
Have you tried Volcano Hot Stone Grill for their fondue?
KenL

Gainesville, VA

#4408 Dec 22, 2012
Former Resident wrote:
For anyone interested both McDonald's and Sheetz had informal discussions with the Haymarket Architectural Review Board on Wednesday night. They provided the board with elevation drawings of their designs and discussed them for about 25min each.
McDonald's plans on just renovating the existing building to their newer style (if you're familiar with the one near the Fair Lakes shopping center they want it to look just like that).
Sheetz however is doing a complete tear down of their current building and putting a newer one up further back on the lot (where their stormwater management pond is). The benefit of this is not only will the building be newer but it will be further away from the new pumps they will install (and there will be more of those as well).
The board seemed skeptical about certain details both company's designs, but definitely seemed more impressed with the presentation Sheetz put on. They reiterated this is still very early in the process so I'm not sure what the timetable will be for any of this, I believe the next step is to come back in front of the board either next month or February after taking the board's input from Wednesday into consideration.
I think moving Sheets back from it's current location is part of a planned intersection improvement for Rt 15 and John Marshall Highway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haymarket Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Student reportedly raped in Brentsville High ba... (Oct '08) Apr 9 LiAr 10
looking for preschool (Aug '11) Apr 9 Jenny_S 25
Eliminating Hassle & Time of Scheduling & Plann... Apr 8 shantelambert 1
please recommend dentists in Gainesville (Nov '07) Mar 28 Sherry 59
Fundraiser in Gainesville VA Today at Chico's i... Mar 28 Kevin Rychlik 1
6th Annual Gainesville 5K - Sat. April 18th Mar 19 GVMS 1
Lake Manassas Academy or Chesterbrook Academy (Oct '11) Mar '15 Rukia 10
More from around the web

Haymarket People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE