New Towncenter in Gainesville VA
AKB

Haymarket, VA

#2790 May 3, 2011
Wow, I am excited to see the plans look "walkable" without cars in the middle of it. That's my pet peeve with Atlas. Wouldn't it be nice if it had bike racks and outdoor seating. Not excited about BJs though.
kab

Haymarket, VA

#2791 May 3, 2011
I am so excited about the project moving forward, but we've been there before....
Anyway, I'm actually very happy about bj's coming, we prefer it over Costco.
A clothing department store would be nicer than yet another gym though. AMC would be nice- didn't they sell to Rave motion though? Either way can't wait. Now we hope that the "children park" will have a super dooper playground and it's gonna make it better than Fairfax Corner. It looks like we'll have a fountain too. If, that is, we get the same restaurants. We need to direct Nick Over from Peterson to this forum.
It's gonna get interesting here again :)!
Greg in Glenkirk

Bristow, VA

#2792 May 3, 2011
As the anchor, the plans list BJ's at 79,963 square feet with the entrance off of Wellington. Sounds big, but comes in at less than half the average sized Costco. They can run over 200,000 square ft. Did notice a parking garage nearby though.
Bring on Market Square

Gainesville, VA

#2793 May 3, 2011
I am chomping at the bit waiting to hear an official announcement! P{lease give us some details Peterson! Just a few restaurant names!!!

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#2794 May 4, 2011
kab wrote:
We need to direct Nick Over from Peterson to this forum.
It's gonna get interesting here again :)!
I've been trying to get some info out of Mr. Over, but he keeps brushing me off and saying he can't make any official announcements yet. I really just wanted to know about restaurants, but they are tight lipped. He won't even admit they are starting construction yet. Fortunately, we can see that for ourselves.
Brian

Frederick, MD

#2795 May 4, 2011
Gainesville Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha, definately not a good start, but that was the type of store I figured it would be once seeing the new site plan with the gas pumps near the big box, and the big box placed in a much less prominent location.
If thats what it takes to get it going so be it, as long as the core of it remains nice. Now I'm getting nervous though about the restaurant announcements. Nightmare scenario would be a Fridays, Old Country Buffet, Applebees, etc. LOL
unfortunately.. I think we will see some of that (Friday's etc).
BJ's?? meh.. I suppose it could be worse.
They still have two fairly sizeable spots where Linens and World Market were.
Gainesville Guy

Washington, DC

#2796 May 4, 2011
Well, it is possible they are only building the BJ's right now. Hopefully they are developing more than that, but until they announce something or there is more definitive information on the web somewhere (or we actually see buildings going up) then that is a distinct possibility...
BristowGal

Gainesville, VA

#2797 May 5, 2011
Went to the new Thai Peppers restaurant today for lunch. Was really good! Food was flavorful- and a lot of options. Was fairly busy for lunchtime which is nice to see....hopefully our area will support this one. Its nice to have some more options for food!
Also noted they deliver within 3 miles!!! Whoo hoo
Brian

Bristow, VA

#2798 May 6, 2011
Gainesville Guy wrote:
Well, it is possible they are only building the BJ's right now. Hopefully they are developing more than that, but until they announce something or there is more definitive information on the web somewhere (or we actually see buildings going up) then that is a distinct possibility...
I suspect that you could be right that it may just be BJ's for now.
Qurius

Sterling, VA

#2799 May 9, 2011
BristowGal wrote:
Went to the new Thai Peppers restaurant today for lunch. Was really good! Food was flavorful- and a lot of options. Was fairly busy for lunchtime which is nice to see....hopefully our area will support this one. Its nice to have some more options for food!
Also noted they deliver within 3 miles!!! Whoo hoo
Where id this place?

Will try!
Sdot

Jamaica, NY

#2800 May 9, 2011
There has been a lot of activity on 29 right when you get off 66 by the train tracks.(I think where 7-11 used to be). Does anyone know what they are building there?

Also, i see some movements across the street where Mickey D and MVP bar is. Any idea what they are building there?
John

Bristow, VA

#2801 May 9, 2011
Sdot wrote:
There has been a lot of activity on 29 right when you get off 66 by the train tracks.(I think where 7-11 used to be). Does anyone know what they are building there?
Also, i see some movements across the street where Mickey D and MVP bar is. Any idea what they are building there?
Yea an overpass. That's the construction for the VDOT Gainesville interchange project. http://www.virginiadot.org/projects/northernv...
Bristow Jen

Annandale, VA

#2802 May 9, 2011
Sdot wrote:
They will be putting in place a "temporary road" to the side, which will take the Rt 29 traffic, in order to build an overpass and interchange at Rt 29/Linton hall.
BristowGal

Gainesville, VA

#2803 May 9, 2011
Qurius wrote:
<quoted text>
Where id this place?
Will try!
It is in the Bristow Commons Shopping center (think that's the name of it)

Intersection of Rt. 28 and Linton Hall rd... where the Harris Teeter shopping is. Its a few stores down to the left of the HT by the Subway.

A small establishment (seats about 40 pp I'd say) but great food!

Nice to have a Thai place in Bristow!!!
AKB

Haymarket, VA

#2804 May 9, 2011
Bristow Jen wrote:
<quoted text>
They will be putting in place a "temporary road" to the side, which will take the Rt 29 traffic, in order to build an overpass and interchange at Rt 29/Linton hall.
Just to add on...they are also building 3 or 4 "cut-through" roads, for local traffic to detour around the whole mess.
Nokesville mom

Gainesville, VA

#2805 May 10, 2011
There is a great deal of construction at the corner of Wellington and Rt. 28, going from Nokesville to Old Town Manassas. Apparently, an overpass is going up.
Carole

Gainesville, VA

#2806 May 10, 2011
Stopped by BJ's in Fairfax and inquired about Gainesville, they have no record of a BJ's being built in Gainesville or proposed. Just fyi --
kab

Haymarket, VA

#2807 May 11, 2011
Carole wrote:
Stopped by BJ's in Fairfax and inquired about Gainesville, they have no record of a BJ's being built in Gainesville or proposed. Just fyi --
But then empoloyees at our Mcdonalds on 29 have no clue they are moving somewhere else....
The workers are not always informed/interested in their company beyond their paycheck.
I've looked at the elevation/renderings of Gainesville Bj's just yesterday.
amom

Centreville, VA

#2808 May 11, 2011
Nokesville mom wrote:
There is a great deal of construction at the corner of Wellington and Rt. 28, going from Nokesville to Old Town Manassas. Apparently, an overpass is going up.
I think that has to do with the road work to go over the train tracks.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#2809 May 12, 2011
Carole wrote:
Oh, it's coming. Bids are due May 17th for the project. Here are some of the plans. I do believe that all the movement over at Market Square is only for the BJs construction. I don't think the whole plan is going to be built yet. Interesting thing about the plans though, I don't see anything about the BJs associated gas station which is on Peterson's drawings. Maybe it will be built at a later date too.

http://ldiline.com/showpdf.cfm...

http://ldiline.com/showpdf.cfm...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haymarket Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loree Zimmerman Centreville Va 1968-69 Aug 17 JPC1956 1
Rollins Ford Community Park (Oct '11) Aug 5 rfp 18
Eyebrow Threading (Nov '08) Aug 3 Desigrl 19
Stepney Plantation (Dec '13) Jul '15 ringgoldlover 4
Neighborhood clubhouse rental costs? Jun '15 wentworth green 3
Good seafood? Jun '15 Q_Gainesville 3
News 32-mile cross-county walk to raise funds for ch... May '15 kab 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Haymarket Mortgages