New Towncenter in Gainesville VA
FYI

Warrenton, VA

#2486 Sep 24, 2010
New to Area wrote:
Looking for recommendations for a Family Doctor...
Sorry. I meant Piedmont Family Practice.
Gainesville Girl

Denver, CO

#2487 Sep 27, 2010
Agree with- Internal medicine at Lake Manassas. Dr Esther Bahk. She is AMAZING!!!! Best doctor in the area!
Excited

Gainesville, VA

#2489 Sep 29, 2010
LuvGainesville wrote:
<quoted text>
I also saw a new Thai Restaurant going in there also next to ABC store. SO EXCITED!! Hopefully one of the better ones around!
Did it say the name of it? I am really excited to have one close by. Hopefully it is good quality- we could really use a great Thai restaurant here!!!!
BristowMom

Gainesville, VA

#2490 Sep 29, 2010
New to Area wrote:
Looking for recommendations for a Family Doctor...
We've had great experience with Bristow Run Family Practice in Haymarket. Dr. Ming, Tang and Hammonds are FANTASTIC!

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#2491 Sep 30, 2010
Excited wrote:
<quoted text>
Did it say the name of it? I am really excited to have one close by. Hopefully it is good quality- we could really use a great Thai restaurant here!!!!
It is called "Thai Peppers". I imagine it must be a second location of the one in Mt. Vernon.
http://www.thaipeppers.net/

Location hidden

#2492 Sep 30, 2010
ja Bristow wrote:
There is an AKA Sushi going in near the Harris Teeter at corner of Linton Hall & Nokesvill Rd
From the Rappaport property detail sheet, it looks like it is going to be called Ai Sushi. When I looked that up, there are franchises out on the West Coast, but I doubt this has any connection to them. just an FYI.
kevin

Indianapolis, IN

#2493 Oct 3, 2010
I just wanted to say that Im really excited for the construction work being done FINALLY on Gallagher Road/US 55 and Heathcote BLVD as well. I cant wait til its done
MikeT

Gainesville, VA

#2494 Oct 9, 2010
Went to the Japanese steak house by the Shoppers for my son's birthday... (Musashi's). It was decent, good family place, just what you'd expect from this, good food, good, entertaining chef, decen t prices and the kids loved it. We will have to go back for our other son's birthday. Unfortunately, the place seemed kind of dead for a weekend night.

Since: Dec 08

New Baltimore, VA

#2495 Oct 15, 2010
The recently closed Town N Country Restaurant in New Baltimore is going to reopen under the name "Northside 29 Family Restaurant". Target date Dec. The Chakalos family that originally opened Town N Country in 1971 and sold it in 1983 is reopening it.
Phil McKracken

Clinton, MD

#2496 Oct 15, 2010
I sure hope their breakfast is better than the last bunch. You seem to have pretty good taste NBG, let us know what's up there
Sal

Dewitt, MI

#2497 Oct 16, 2010
Any news on the quasi-town center projects in the area?
Filly

AOL

#2498 Oct 22, 2010
Does anyone know what happened to the planned Costco store between Gainesville and Warrenton? Is it still a possibility?

Location hidden

#2499 Oct 25, 2010
Filly wrote:
Does anyone know what happened to the planned Costco store between Gainesville and Warrenton? Is it still a possibility?
I had posted this over on the "future developments" thread but I will copy it here too.

"Looks like the COSTCO which had survived the legal battle in New Baltimore, then decided to not build due to the economy, may still end up coming to the area. An article in the Fauquier Times yesterday stated a development company is looking to buy the project and trying to woo COSTCO back. But if no the big box store, they may be able to get another box store to come, perhaps Sam's Club or BJ's. So, glad to hear that project is coming back alive and by this time next year maybe I won't have to drive to Manassas for a COSTCO run."
http://www.klnb.com/search/detail.aspx...
Gainesville Guy

Bristow, VA

#2500 Oct 25, 2010
Vint Hill Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I had posted this over on the "future developments" thread but I will copy it here too.
"Looks like the COSTCO which had survived the legal battle in New Baltimore, then decided to not build due to the economy, may still end up coming to the area. An article in the Fauquier Times yesterday stated a development company is looking to buy the project and trying to woo COSTCO back. But if no the big box store, they may be able to get another box store to come, perhaps Sam's Club or BJ's. So, glad to hear that project is coming back alive and by this time next year maybe I won't have to drive to Manassas for a COSTCO run."
http://www.klnb.com/search/detail.aspx...
I have heard recently that BJ's will be expanding to Gainesville. Not sure of the exact location though. Have not heard anything regarding Costco...
tamara

Palmyra, VA

#2501 Oct 28, 2010
does anyone know whats happent to the project so called the grove at gainesville , the town center they suppose to start by 2011 !!!!!
Barbiefan1971

Vienna, VA

#2502 Oct 28, 2010
New Japanese place behind Rite Aid in Gainesville called Shogun is WONDERFUL. They are NOT a steak house and serve authentic Japanese food from popular noodle dishes, rice bowls, and many other selections expected from a traditional Japanese place as well as a nice selection of sushi. Dinners are an EXCELLENT value and include soup, salad, appetizer, main dish and dessert!!!! Take out menu does not even scratch the surface of all the dishes they have.

Staff is warm and welcoming. Had take out from there last night and plan to go back for dinner on Saturday!!!! They have only been open two weeks and have not had a lot of business so PLEASE come out and support local QUALITY food and service and help them make it!!!!!!!!
Gainesville Guy

Bristow, VA

#2503 Nov 2, 2010
CALEA headquarters opening in Heritage Hunt:

http://pwcecondev.org/PressRoom/PressReleases...

Not a huge number of employees, but good to see some of the Gainesville office space getting high quality tenants even in this economy. With the FBI office and now CALEA, the area may develop law enforcement services as kind of a cottage industry.

The last piece to the puzzle for Gainesville in my opinion is to continue to develop high quality Class A office space/tenants. With residential picking up again if we can get more quality businesses to locate here, those mega-town center projects hopefully will get rolling again soon...
itMFtis

Herndon, VA

#2504 Nov 4, 2010
Barbiefan1971 wrote:
New Japanese place behind Rite Aid in Gainesville called Shogun is WONDERFUL. They are NOT a steak house and serve authentic Japanese food from popular noodle dishes, rice bowls, and many other selections expected from a traditional Japanese place as well as a nice selection of sushi. Dinners are an EXCELLENT value and include soup, salad, appetizer, main dish and dessert!!!! Take out menu does not even scratch the surface of all the dishes they have.
Staff is warm and welcoming. Had take out from there last night and plan to go back for dinner on Saturday!!!! They have only been open two weeks and have not had a lot of business so PLEASE come out and support local QUALITY food and service and help them make it!!!!!!!!
Based on this review I tried it last night. Only complaint is that their English was pretty bad. I could barely understand anything our waitress said and mostly relied on pointing at the menu. Other than that, the food was great, and everything came out of the kitchen in a timely manner. I would definitely go back.
Skeptical

Germantown, MD

#2505 Nov 4, 2010
"With residential picking up again if we can get more quality businesses to locate here, those mega-town center projects hopefully will get rolling again soon..."

And with those comes additional MEGA congestion that the county doesn't have the funds to address. We haven't fixed the infrastructure shortcomings we already have and you want to pile on? MORON
lovingainesville

Gainesville, VA

#2506 Nov 4, 2010
Skeptical, It depends how you look at it. I am sick of fighting traffic all the way to Fairfax County or Manassas to do my shopping or go to a movie.I would rather fight traffic for a shorter commute.

These projects are already on the books but have been delayed. The impact on traffic has already been looked at. I don't think traffic would really increase all that much, if any. People may come up from Warrenton to see a movie but that brings more revenue to our county which in turn can be used to alleviate traffic.

It does appear that the route 29 interchange would take care of any additional traffic to the proposed sites.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haymarket Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Parks at Piedmont (Sep '08) Dec 8 Parks Owner 432
They told me I have 2 weeks...? (Dec '13) Nov '16 Hey 3
Trump sign on 29 Oct '16 Dorothy 2
Wentworth Green: Pros / Cons Oct '16 Gainesville Mom 5
News The next step in bringing VRE to Haymarket & Ga... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Kiwuji 1
News 32-mile cross-county walk to raise funds for ch... (May '15) May '15 kab 1
News Sound off about the Costco proposal on July 26 (Jul '07) Apr '15 Gainesville Elite... 3

Haymarket Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Haymarket Mortgages