Nissan Pavillion Traffic
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Pauli

Gainesville, VA

#41 Nov 24, 2008
Upgrading Wellington Rd would be a start. I am sure this will end up a stereotypical PWC situation of let the road burst at the seams then we will inconvenience everyone while spending 3 years to upgrade it, at 10 times the price it would have cost to do it today. Not to mention the considerable damage to cars traveling on these roads while they are being constructed.

Anyone know what the deal is with the abandoned facility across the road? One would think the county would have been 'smart enough' to buy and build that up with restaurants and bars for people either going to or leaving the Pavilion. Hint: Verizon center. Also known as tax dollars and new jobs for the county. Just think about how many people go to the pavilion from surrounding areas and within the state.
Concert Lover

Bristow, VA

#42 Feb 13, 2009
Are they shutting Nissan Pavilion Down?
govt h8r

Washington, DC

#43 Feb 17, 2009
Figures! The PWCPD couldn't find their A-- with two hands and a map! And the talented(and I use the term loosely) security they have at Nissan are a JOKE!
Bristow Resident

Bristow, VA

#44 Feb 19, 2009
They have re-routed roads but it never seems to get better.
Hooks

Bristow, VA

#45 Feb 26, 2009
The previous post had asked if Nissan Pavilion was shutting down and the answer is no. I just saw the concert shedule for this summer so its not being shut down as of yet.
xacvolsfan

Coatesville, PA

#46 May 27, 2009
Hooks wrote:
The previous post had asked if Nissan Pavilion was shutting down and the answer is no. I just saw the concert shedule for this summer so its not being shut down as of yet.
i have a question i was hoping maybe someone could help me with, i was going to come down for the toby keith show, anyway my question is about tailgating. now are u allowed to drink in the parking lot or not? i looked on the venue info page and it says no drinking, i was wondering if this is enforced or its just one of those things they put for those people who get outta hand, thanks for the help!!!
Parks resident

United States

#47 May 27, 2009
It's definitely not enforced. If you start to get crazy or look like you're 12 they'll enforce it. Other than that they couldn't care less.
xacvolsfan

Coatesville, PA

#48 May 27, 2009
Parks resident wrote:
It's definitely not enforced. If you start to get crazy or look like you're 12 they'll enforce it. Other than that they couldn't care less.
thanks for the help, i guess i will make my way down there for the toby show, thanks again
parking lot party ok

Laurel, MD

#49 Jun 2, 2009
going to no doubt concert in few days. need to find out if we are allow to 'party' at the parking lot? beer/bbq and etc. can anyone tell me if that would is possible? i know it is not allowed to bring food/drinks from outside but i didn't see any regulation on what we can do at the parking alot prior to the concert. i would greatly appreciate if someone could answer this for me. thank you!
VP Man

Monroe, LA

#50 Jun 2, 2009
parking lot party ok wrote:
going to no doubt concert in few days. need to find out if we are allow to 'party' at the parking lot? beer/bbq and etc. can anyone tell me if that would is possible? i know it is not allowed to bring food/drinks from outside but i didn't see any regulation on what we can do at the parking alot prior to the concert. i would greatly appreciate if someone could answer this for me. thank you!
I know there is no drinking allowed in the parking lot but if you pour it into a plastic cup and be hush hush about it, I don't see a big problem. Just keep it low key if you know what I mean. They do have undercover police that go around the parkig lot. Good Luck
311 fan

Falls Church, VA

#51 Jun 25, 2009
does anyone know what time the parking lots open up for the 311 show this sunday (6/28/09)? I know the lots open at different times depending on who is playing...but they don't specify when they will start letting people into the lots on the website. Thanks!!
seancrates

Silver Spring, MD

#52 Jun 25, 2009
The truth hurts wrote:
I made a mistake in my statement. A friend just informed me the beer was 22 ounces, a tall boy is only 16..So lets see 3 of them make a gallon. What gets me about the einstien that repiled to me, seems he thinks drinking and driving is acceptable. Like i said rules are only made for people who dont know how to act..... Peace
I don't care aout any of the petty bickering here (no pun intended). I just find it humorous that some guy is mockingly calling someone else "Einstien" (sic) while proclaiming that 3 22oz. beers makes a gallon. Where? How do you figure? A gallong is 128 ounces you idiot. 22x3=66...barely a half gallon.
Adam

Holland, MI

#53 Mar 17, 2010
You are everything that's wrong about D.C. "Classy" You dare judge people having a good time. No one asked you to attend these shows. Don't criticize what you can't understand
bjoneill74 wrote:
the people going to the concerts are tools..
going to a show doesn't mean it's time to break the law.
Smoking, getting drunk in public.
I was waiting in traffic to get home on Saturday night and there were cars and small buses pulled over to let people out to pee. That's normally fine, but there's no bathrooms there.. guys and gals just squattin on the road to use the rest room (definitely super classy). There's only a few thing that make that many people have to use the bathroom in that manner.. just guessing here.. but I'd say beer.
Drunk before they even get to the show.
Then there's the pot smokers, the people trying to sneak into seats they didn't pay for etc.. etc..
The cops could stay right outside of almost any concert there and arrest a very high percentage of people leaving that place.
Perhaps they should.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#54 Aug 6, 2010
I will be attending the Mayhemfest show on Sunday, what is the best way to get back on I 66 after the show ?
Heather

Gainesville, VA

#55 Aug 6, 2010
blacklabel wrote:
I will be attending the Mayhemfest show on Sunday, what is the best way to get back on I 66 after the show ?
They force you to turn right on Wellington when you leave. So take Wellington to 234/Prince William County Parkway. Go north on PWC to 66 east/west as needed.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#56 Aug 6, 2010
Heather wrote:
<quoted text>
They force you to turn right on Wellington when you leave. So take Wellington to 234/Prince William County Parkway. Go north on PWC to 66 east/west as needed.
Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haymarket Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Towncenter in Gainesville VA (Sep '06) 4 hr Market Center 5,623
Construction worker Jul 3 Steve 1
Victory Lakes / Bristow (Aug '06) Jun 24 youngdreamer 103
News Obama joins private golf club in Virginia Jun '17 I See the Light 21
News Joint committee takes aim at Prince William's 2... May '17 Bob Martin 1
Atlantic Research Corporation (May '14) Mar '17 Guest 4
Stepney Plantation (Dec '13) Feb '17 ringgoldlover 6

Haymarket Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance