Nissan Pavillion Traffic

Posted in the Haymarket Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Nissan traffic mess

Herndon, VA

#1 May 21, 2006
is anything being done about the huge traffic and parking problems at Nissan Pavillion. Why does it take hours to fill and empty the lots. We need a fix immediately -I avoid spending $$ in that area because of the traffic and dont go to the pavillion. This needs to be fixed -next weekend is Memorial day and there are big concerts planned (SPringsteen). Will the local govt and police step up and fix the problems and avoid the bad press and negativity toward PW and Nissan
yoyo

Falls Church, VA

#2 May 23, 2006
Why does it take hours? Say 5000 cars on average in the lot, they leave the lot at a rate of one every 3 seconds. There is one road out. 15000 seconds/3600 seconds in an hour = 4 hours to empty the lot. even at a rate of one a second, it'll still take over an hour, and 5000 cars for a place that seats 25k is kinda lowballing as well.
todd

Salisbury, MD

#3 Jul 7, 2006
is there anyway of beating the traffic? like hailing a cab outside of the venue maybe (walking past the traffic and catchin it outside the venue itself)?
JRZ

Detroit, MI

#4 Aug 12, 2006
anybody know when the gates open for tonight's CSN&Y concert?
Cathy

AOL

#5 Aug 12, 2006
JRZ wrote:
6:00
Judy

Falling Waters, WV

#6 Aug 12, 2006
JRZ wrote:
I just called the box office. The parking lot opens at 5:00 pm but we can't go in to sit in our seats until 6:00 pm.
Todd

AOL

#7 Aug 12, 2006
What amount of food can be brought inside the venue?
Debi

Thaxton, VA

#8 Sep 10, 2007
The traffic is the least of our worries at Nissan, someone needs to do something about the ecessive force being used by socalled"staff". My daughter was dragged down the steps in front of my eyes because she made a comment to her friend and sister about a staff member being stupid. When I tried to complain and say I'd like to press assault charges we were both thrown out and nothing was done. Not even by Prince William police officers! There have been many incidents like, and worse than this one. The "staff" thinks they are above the law. Something needs to be done!
worker at nissan pavilian

Bethesda, MD

#9 Mar 6, 2008
i used to work there. its a difficult job and sometimes requires us to get nastey. be polite and we can make your day easyier as well. plus drinking doesnt help the situation. if ur daughter was drunk that would probably explain part of the reason. but ur story sounds like its missing peices to it.
Drunk Concert Goer

Falls Church, VA

#10 Mar 6, 2008
The actual cops who work Nissan are tools, riding their bikes telling people to pour out their beers. It's a friggin concert parking lot for christ's sake. Then there's the wannabe cops with nothing better to do than wield the fake authority they have been given for 3 hours. poseurs. Nissan sucks in that regard. I've been to many a concert where you can basically do whatever the frig you want and the staff is cool, and chaos does not break out. But being nice, even though it pains you to do it cause your forced to do it to some jackass bouncer in training, typically does make things easier. The ole yessir nosir at a traffic stop rule. I wouldn't have thrown anyone out for calling me stupid, I'd just call em a low grade whore and move on.
No Access Nissan

Manassas, VA

#11 May 11, 2008
Went Nissan Pavillion to see RadioHead on5/11/08. After 2.5 hours of detours and rerouted traffic, we turned around 5 miles from the Pavillion while averaging 5 miles per hour.

Nissan Pavillion should not have a business license to host concerts if it cannot accommodate the crowds and the cars.

If you arrive at the airport 2 hours before your flight, but it takes three hours to clear security and get to your gate, should you be able to obtain a refund?

Give me back my money!
Austin

Potomac, MD

#12 May 11, 2008
I U-turned at the parking lot of Nissan Pavilion on my way to the Radiohead show. Spent 2 hours after exiting off 66 and decided against doing it all over again post concert. Out $300 (4 tix) but glad I'm not out another 2+ hours of my life.
Country police in Bristow are absolutely inept and I suspect the same of Nissan Pavillion and LiveNation management.

Since: Jan 08

Haymarket, VA

#13 May 11, 2008
I can't believe they allowed such a huge people draw to be built with a single lane road up to it. It's beyond belief.

I live close by and would love to attend some concerts - but the agony of hours spent sitting in traffic would far outweigh the fun of live music.

The last one I went to was Tina Turner in the '90s which was fabulous. Now, I can only wish...

3 lane road each direction - NOW!!!
Radiohead Fan

Hyattsville, MD

#14 May 12, 2008
I also attempted to attend the show last night. We never made it in. We were routed the long way into the venue with bumper-to-bumper the whole way. It was taking us an hour to move a mile. After we heard from some folks the show was over, we turned around to attempt to beat the rush out, but ended up wasting even more time trying to get out.

I hear the problem was caused by flooding of the parking lots. They were actually turning people around, forbidding them from entering the parking lot that we all payed 6$ ahead of time (included in ticket) to park in.

Apparently they recently made some changes to the traffic routing and parking there, I don't see that it helped in the slightest. The police on corners and at intersections weren't helping, nor was concert staff. If they weren't going to let folks into the lot anyways, why not send someone down the long line of cars telling them to pull over and park on the street where they were and walk? Way to blow it Nissan, I hated going there before but was willing to deal to see Radiohead. I know better now, never again Nissan!
dna Virgnia Beach

Alexandria, VA

#15 May 12, 2008
We agree. This venue needs to rethink things. The infrastructure all around the facility is a nightmare. Regardeless of weather, the Nissan pavillion needs to change everything!

Rain or shine, it is worth some travel and soggy clothes for Radiohead, but not to get trapped in the parking lot for hours with no sign of respite.

We left the show early to get a head start on traffic, only to move 20 feet and sit for 3 hours before exiting the parking lot.

Like the others, it also took us 3 hours to get in and 3 hours to get out, through their labrynth of detours. We will also never attend another concert at the Nissan Pavillion, and advise EVERYONE to stay clear of this horrible place.

We really feel for those who couldn't even make it in and STILL got trapped in this cluster-F.
LU Maryland

Ocean City, MD

#16 May 12, 2008
Really wanted to see the Radiohead show yesterday. Just did not realize that to get to Nissan P. we should have left probably 3 hrs. earlier so that we reached it on time from a place that was approx. 30 minutes away. Battling the traffic, poor organization on the road, detouring, built up anxiety of 6 of us squeezed in one car, and! pouring rain we decided to turn back before reaching the Pavillion. I understand concert ticket says rain or shine, but if it's like bloody hell rain - couldn't they just cancel the show and prevent the dissapointment of the soaked, next day pneumonia patients?
Never been to N.P. and I will never try again. Lost about $350 on tickets. Refund anyone?

Location hidden

#17 May 13, 2008
the people going to the concerts are tools..
going to a show doesn't mean it's time to break the law.
Smoking, getting drunk in public.
I was waiting in traffic to get home on Saturday night and there were cars and small buses pulled over to let people out to pee. That's normally fine, but there's no bathrooms there.. guys and gals just squattin on the road to use the rest room (definitely super classy). There's only a few thing that make that many people have to use the bathroom in that manner.. just guessing here.. but I'd say beer.
Drunk before they even get to the show.
Then there's the pot smokers, the people trying to sneak into seats they didn't pay for etc.. etc..
The cops could stay right outside of almost any concert there and arrest a very high percentage of people leaving that place.

Perhaps they should.

Location hidden

#18 May 13, 2008
dna Virgnia Beach wrote:
We agree. This venue needs to rethink things. The infrastructure all around the facility is a nightmare. Regardeless of weather, the Nissan pavillion needs to change everything!
Rain or shine, it is worth some travel and soggy clothes for Radiohead, but not to get trapped in the parking lot for hours with no sign of respite.
We left the show early to get a head start on traffic, only to move 20 feet and sit for 3 hours before exiting the parking lot.
Like the others, it also took us 3 hours to get in and 3 hours to get out, through their labrynth of detours. We will also never attend another concert at the Nissan Pavillion, and advise EVERYONE to stay clear of this horrible place.
We really feel for those who couldn't even make it in and STILL got trapped in this cluster-F.
It's probably the people that live in that area.
Why should we have to deal with the traffic to make concert going life easier?
F-That.

Location hidden

#19 May 13, 2008
Piedmontess wrote:
I can't believe they allowed such a huge people draw to be built with a single lane road up to it. It's beyond belief.
I live close by and would love to attend some concerts - but the agony of hours spent sitting in traffic would far outweigh the fun of live music.
The last one I went to was Tina Turner in the '90s which was fabulous. Now, I can only wish...
3 lane road each direction - NOW!!!
good luck with that.
that needs to be on Nissan Pavillions wallet.. not mine.. road improvements to other major roads should take far greater priority than a road to a recreational facility.
It's concert going folks.. shows that big aren't about the enjoyment of music/art anyway..
It's a giant social/drunk gathering..
DCG

United States

#20 May 13, 2008
Drinkers and smokers and sinners oh my, not that, what will we do with our wives and children? We should all be forced to attend PBS classical concert specials from now on to get our art fix. In fairness to Nissan, it's been there for over 15 years, unlike 95% of the residents. Traffic is a bitch gettin in and out of there, but most venues are. The cops could stay right outside of almost any concert there and arrest a very high percentage of people leaving that place, but ya know what? they don't, and the world is still spinning, imagine that.

let the games begin!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haymarket Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Parks at Piedmont (Sep '08) 11 hr George 423
New Towncenter in Gainesville VA (Sep '06) Jun 21 wentworth green 5,486
Haymarket Police (Aug '09) Jun 8 Friend 18
News Salcedo Guilty of Larceny (Nov '08) Apr '16 Jitz 4
Neighbours Control your kids Apr '16 slapyomamma 2
News Bristow man faces sodomy, rape charges (May '12) Mar '16 Earthchild 37
66 commute Mar '16 Dan 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Haymarket Mortgages