How can I avoid state taxes if I reti...

How can I avoid state taxes if I retire overseas?

There are 2 comments on the CNN story from Apr 27, 2013, titled How can I avoid state taxes if I retire overseas?. In it, CNN reports that:

If I retire overseas, can I lower my taxes by declaring residency in any state I want? - C. Czuchna, Gainesville, Va.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.


Clinton, MD

#1 Apr 28, 2013
Sorry, you can't. If you move to a state without state taxes (such as Tenn. or Texas) and live there for an adequate length of time to establish state residency, and then move overseas and retire, then you can escape state taxes.
Tax Dodger

Springfield, VA

#2 Apr 29, 2013
Listen you tax cheat, you dont mile this country for all of its benefits -- and then try and shortchange the population on your tab.

I hope the IRS catches your lying,cheating ass and prosecutes you. Skipping out on taxes while the rest of us pay for 80 year old senior citizens is ludicrous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haymarket Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Towncenter in Gainesville VA (Sep '06) Jul 18 Market Center 5,622
Construction worker Jul 3 Steve 1
Victory Lakes / Bristow (Aug '06) Jun 24 youngdreamer 103
News Obama joins private golf club in Virginia Jun '17 I See the Light 21
News Joint committee takes aim at Prince William's 2... May '17 Bob Martin 1
Atlantic Research Corporation (May '14) Mar '17 Guest 4
Stepney Plantation (Dec '13) Feb '17 ringgoldlover 6

Haymarket Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Haymarket Mortgages