Piedmont South

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Mar 7, 2010
Can someone tell me what the $125 per month HOA fees include at Piedmont South?

Thank you
Piedmont resident

Charlotte, NC

#2 Mar 8, 2010
The HOA fee includes Trash pickup, Snow removal, landscaping and other neighborhood ammenities such as gym and clubhouse access, pool, tot-lots, tennis and basketball courts and security
Piedmont South

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Mar 8, 2010
Thank you Piedmont Resident. I was not sure if the HOA included the same items as the gated community or not. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. That sounds like a pretty good deal.
James

Middletown, MD

#4 Mar 11, 2010
and the CONDO fee also includes trash pickup, snow removal, landscaping and other fees....

Makes you wonder what we are paying for.
Piedmont resident

Charlotte, NC

#5 Mar 11, 2010
They're working on fixing that
Jessie Devamithran

Fairfax Station, VA

#6 Feb 20, 2012
So do Piedmont Residents in Gainesville pay a total of $356.00 for overlapping services? How long is it going to take to correct this if they are working on fixing this?
I have clients interested in buying in there but we incredibly confused about some listings having only $125.00 in fees and some an additional $231.00 in cc fees???
Can someone shed some light?
Superman

Monroe, LA

#7 Feb 21, 2012
Jessie Devamithran wrote:
So do Piedmont Residents in Gainesville pay a total of $356.00 for overlapping services? How long is it going to take to correct this if they are working on fixing this?
I have clients interested in buying in there but we incredibly confused about some listings having only $125.00 in fees and some an additional $231.00 in cc fees???
Can someone shed some light?
Here's some advice......stay away from the Piedmont Condo's. Nothing but nightmares for residents!!!!!
SGT Cap

Sterling Heights, MI

#8 Feb 21, 2012
For the condos:

Let me break this down with some truth and not speculation. If you see fees: like $125.00 on a real estate listing its a deceptive real estate listing. Yes it is $356.000.$231 condo fee, and $125 HOA fee.

I thought it was overlapping fees, but the sad part is that the HOA sued the COA when there was a clear conflict of interest going on (HOA let it pass)(at this writing I dont think the HOA has a lawsuit against the negligent Legum and Norman- I could be wrong.

The COA fees are high because of obvious reasons. You cant FHA into this community because COA delinquencies are too high. So who has to make it up, the decent citizens/owners.

Not too overly lecture, but robosigning has halted foreclosure process, banks are in no rush to foreclose, and if you sue based on condo fees as a COA you are at the bottom of prioritization. Parks of Piedmont Condos need foreclosures to occur, because if people are not paying their mortgage they arent paying their fees. Whats sad, is that good families bought at 300+.

In the end, the new COA team is turning things around and welcomes community support. Yes $356 is high but when you consider that you can get a low mortgage, its not that big of a deal. Rates are dead low so the complaints about the fee are lessened. For real estate agents that have clients, consider chase home mortgage who bypass the delinquency rule and require 20% down payment. Check activerain for more on that.

In the end there is definite improvement with both the new HOA members and the new COA members. Reccomend you ignore the lame attacks, and look at how business and retail is building up around the area. Things are looking up and owners will likely see appreciation.
Piedmont Owner

Charlotte, NC

#9 Feb 22, 2012
I agree with the previous poster.

Dont believe all the negativity. There WERE a lot of owners who payed entirely too much for their home that they couldnt afford who have stopped paying. These same negligent owners never showed up at meeting, yet they claim to think they knew everything. After some research it was determined that there was never an overlap of charges. HOA fees cover all things HOA related and the community as a whole and the condo fee covers all things condo related, this includes the upkeep and maintenance on the condo's common areas
Move to Parks of Piedmont

Springfield, VA

#10 Apr 26, 2012
Hello, I was wondering if you can FHA into this community yet. I know it was stopped because of delinquent owners (Gainesville Parks of Piedmont Condos).

Has been anything done to fix the irregular HOA/Condo fees here?

Its such a beautiful community hope things improve.

Constructive thoughts please :)
Crazy Fees

Henderson, NV

#11 Jan 13, 2013
Can someone tell me why Im paying close to $400 dollars to live in parks of piedmont condos? For crying out loud- I heard it was because of a lawsuit and because of delinquencies.

How the Hell AM I ever going to sell my condo!!!

Help! SOmeone please tell me whats going on. Im not going to pay this shit. When are the meetings?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haymarket Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Towncenter in Gainesville VA (Sep '06) 12 hr Justsayen 5,495
66 commute Jun 30 LKA 3
Parks at Piedmont (Sep '08) Jun 24 George 423
Haymarket Police (Aug '09) Jun '16 Friend 18
News Salcedo Guilty of Larceny (Nov '08) Apr '16 Jitz 4
Neighbours Control your kids (Jan '16) Apr '16 slapyomamma 2
News Bristow man faces sodomy, rape charges (May '12) Mar '16 Earthchild 37

Haymarket Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance