Anyone know about the St. Anne's Acad...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JocelynBains

Gainesville, VA

#21 Jun 9, 2012
Hmmm... Haymarket mom, you sound somewhat defensive about the school...do you work there? I met a mom who took her son out of St. Paul's and put him at Little Graces in the Plains. She raves about Little Graces. I know she is much happier. It is a preschool worth checking out based on her appraisal.
Haymarket Mom

Clinton, MD

#22 Jun 19, 2012
Sarah wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree Gainesville Mom.
On another note, it's so wierd that all of a sudden this board, and another "local" board I read is suddenly inundated with posts about this St. Anne's Academy. Did St. Anne's put out a memo for everyone to really start getting the word out about the school, or something
I agree with you, and have noticed the same thing. The minute one forum ends then an author will start a new forum praising St. Anne's Academy, and then badmouthing St. Paul's School. The interesting part is that the current Director of St. Anne's used to be the Director of St. Paul's whom implemented many of the "negative" policies being talked about, which are no longer in existence. Every child deserves a proper and positive education. To see the amount of negativity currently taking place is disheartening, and then to see the Director suddenly appear on the boards is interesting. No place of employment is perfect, but to hold a grudge helps no one.
Haymarket Mom

Clinton, MD

#23 Jun 19, 2012
JocelynBains wrote:
Hmmm... Haymarket mom, you sound somewhat defensive about the school...do you work there? I met a mom who took her son out of St. Paul's and put him at Little Graces in the Plains. She raves about Little Graces. I know she is much happier. It is a preschool worth checking out based on her appraisal.
Often times people will attend two - three schools before finding the one that fits them. We love St. Paul's and will remain there. What may work for one family may not work for another, but it doesn't mean it's not a blessing for others.
Ali

United States

#24 Jun 21, 2012
Haymarket Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Often times people will attend two - three schools before finding the one that fits them. We love St. Paul's and will remain there. What may work for one family may not work for another, but it doesn't mean it's not a blessing for others.
Is there a high rate of turnover at this time? I was looking at St Paul's as well for my children but didn't know anyone with children in their facility.
CNolan

Gainesville, VA

#25 Aug 23, 2012
We heard nothing about st pauls, but a lot about Little Graces in the Plains and about the St. Anne's Academy and their exceptional kindergarten program. We read the website and reviewed the curriculum at the school, met a few of the staff and love what we have learned. We really love it that it is an all girls school.
JenniferMcMahon

Gainesville, VA

#26 Aug 23, 2012
Haymarket Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you, and have noticed the same thing. The minute one forum ends then an author will start a new forum praising St. Anne's Academy, and then badmouthing St. Paul's School. The interesting part is that the current Director of St. Anne's used to be the Director of St. Paul's whom implemented many of the "negative" policies being talked about, which are no longer in existence. Every child deserves a proper and positive education. To see the amount of negativity currently taking place is disheartening, and then to see the Director suddenly appear on the boards is interesting. No place of employment is perfect, but to hold a grudge helps no one.
I googled St. Anne's to learn about the school and found this blog about St. Paul's which I never heard of and after reading all of this cannot help but wonder why st. pauls has defenders on a blog that is about St. Annes? And, where is st pauls anyway??

Thanks for information about Little Graces.
Gainesville Mom

Gainesville, VA

#27 Dec 24, 2012
We have a daughter at St. Anne's and we are extremely satisfied with the curriculum. We are also very pleased with the low student-teacher ratio especially since the curriculum is rigorous. At another private school where we had our daughter, there were more than 25 students in the classroom. She did not get the one on one attention that she gets at St. Anne's. We are very, very pleased.
Parent

United States

#28 Aug 25, 2013
They are moving to the gateway building off of 29 in warrenton Va

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haymarket Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Towncenter in Gainesville VA (Sep '06) 4 hr Ozzyngcsu 5,607
News Obama joins private golf club in Virginia May 21 I see the light 8
Atlantic Research Corporation (May '14) Mar '17 Guest 4
Stepney Plantation (Dec '13) Feb '17 ringgoldlover 6
Parks at Piedmont (Sep '08) Jan '17 Vanessa 434
Trump sign on 29 (Oct '16) Dec '16 sonnyboylethalstein 3
News The next step in bringing VRE to Haymarket & Ga... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Kiwuji 1

Haymarket Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Haymarket Mortgages