Anyone know about the St. Anne's Academy for GIrls in Gainesville VA?

Posted in the Haymarket Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mythreegirls

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

Judged:

I heard about the St. Anne's Academy for Girls in Gainesville, VA and was told it is offering hybrid classes. Sounds exciting, but where is it???
Jenn39

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2011

Judged:

Yes, I looked for it and found it--www.stannesacademy4girls.org --they have a manassas and gainesville campus. We are excited. They didn't say anything about hybrid, but they are very technocentric.
Jenn39

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2011

Judged:

Yes found website www.stannesacademy4girls.org It's a very technocentric program -- something we've been wanting for our girls.
kab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2011

Where did you guys hear about their campus in Gainesville? The website only talks about Manassas Campus, and administrative offices in Gainesville.
KatrinaQ

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2011

Judged:

I looked into this school, too, but found that it wasn't really well-established yet. It appears that the classes will be held in people's homes. I want something more solid for my daughter, and I want to know that she can graduate onto the next class.

I decided to enroll my daughter in St. Paul's School in Haymarket, which also has a great Christian curriculum and small class sizes, something we really care about. Nice people, new Director. Also they are expanding their facility, so they must be doing something right.
Gainesville Mom

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2011

Judged:

I have only heard from them since they stuck a flyer in my bird house where a bird was (WAS) building a nest. This bird house was the newspaper box and so many birds used it we put a front on it and made it in to a bird house. Now we haven't seen the birds who were building a nest in a few days and we are very upset. I'm very unhappy with this place for 1- making our neighborhood look bad with unwanted flyers and 2- putting one in what is clearly not for them but for birds.
Anonymous

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2011

Judged:

Gee, that is how we found out about St. Annes Academy for Girls. They put it in our newspaper box--guess you could use if for a bird house, but most would not.

We went to their open house and were very pleased with all we learned about a classical christian education. We are enrolling our girls for the preschool and school.

It may be a new school but their teachers and staff have impeccable credentials and years of experience.

Bird house lady--the humane thing to do would be to remove the birds and put them in a real bird house.
Anonymous

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2011

Judged:

KatrinaQ wrote:
I looked into this school, too, but found that it wasn't really well-established yet. It appears that the classes will be held in people's homes. I want something more solid for my daughter, and I want to know that she can graduate onto the next class.
I decided to enroll my daughter in St. Paul's School in Haymarket, which also has a great Christian curriculum and small class sizes, something we really care about. Nice people, new Director. Also they are expanding their facility, so they must be doing something right.
We checked out St pauls too but there teachers do not have child development associates or education degrees. The classes are not small -- we saw 20 in a class. The best size is 8 to 10. That is what St. Anne's Academy for Girls offers. If you look at their website you will be in awe of the curriculum: www.stannesacademy4girls.org

We are very excited about an all girls education for our daughters. The only other all girls schools we know of are the two in McLean -- too far for us to travel.

As for being new, the advantage is becoming a "charter family." We were told our tuition rates will not increase for three years.

They also offer Spanish immersion, which is something else that we have been looking for.
Jenn39

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2011

Judged:

Mythreegirls wrote:
I heard about the St. Anne's Academy for Girls in Gainesville, VA and was told it is offering hybrid classes. Sounds exciting, but where is it???
It is exciting especially if you attended an allgirls school too. It means a lot to me. Someone asked about "hybrid" and I learned from a mother of homeschoolers at the open house that she is going to be able to register for the Latin, Spanish and Omnibus class for her girls. So, hybrid is available. Just ask during the interview process.

Since: May 11

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2011

Judged:

KatrinaQ wrote:
I am interested in finding out more about St. Anne's as I hear it has a classical curriculum which we are interested in.

I have a good friend who has taught at St Pauls for several years and she said St Paul's has a high teacher turn over rate. She also said the teachers there have no background in human development so they do not know what is child appropriate.
My friend also said St Pauls is not accredited so can;t be too solid. She said they are starting a second or third grade, and according to her they don't have standardized testing and according to her they are not accredited. My mother is a retired teacher and she said that the state requires standardized testing by private schools. You may want to do more homework before sending your daughter to a preschool or school.
Jenn39

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2011

Judged:

Update, we have an interview scheduled at St. Annes Academy for Girls, so thanks for all the information! We will likely be carpooling from the Linton Hall area and providing the Dir. of Admissions with our contact information if anyone else wants to carpool in the fall. So far, we have two neighborhood girls going with us. We have room for two more.
Gainesville Mom

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2011

Judged:

Saramommy wrote:
Gee, that is how we found out about St. Annes Academy for Girls. They put it in our newspaper box--guess you could use if for a bird house, but most would not.
We went to their open house and were very pleased with all we learned about a classical christian education. We are enrolling our girls for the preschool and school.
It may be a new school but their teachers and staff have impeccable credentials and years of experience.
Bird house lady--the humane thing to do would be to remove the birds and put them in a real bird house.
We didn't chose to put the birds in there. They pick our box every year. Apparently even before we moved in to the house. Moving a bird house would kill the nest since the mom wouldn't come back to it. We also have a traditional bird house being used as well.

These companies that think they can litter in my neighborhood can just stop putting junk on our boxes and then I wouldn't have to worry about the birds. Those boxes are for newspapers, not unwanted junk/solicitations.
Sarah

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2011

Judged:

Gainesville Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
We didn't chose to put the birds in there. They pick our box every year. Apparently even before we moved in to the house. Moving a bird house would kill the nest since the mom wouldn't come back to it. We also have a traditional bird house being used as well.
These companies that think they can litter in my neighborhood can just stop putting junk on our boxes and then I wouldn't have to worry about the birds. Those boxes are for newspapers, not unwanted junk/solicitations.
i agree Gainesville Mom.

On another note, it's so wierd that all of a sudden this board, and another "local" board I read is suddenly inundated with posts about this St. Anne's Academy. Did St. Anne's put out a memo for everyone to really start getting the word out about the school, or something
Haymarket Mom

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2011

Judged:

I've also been curious about the school. I see that the website now has an address for the school, it's in Haymarket on Route 55. I have not been able to get an answer when I call the phone number, so I drove by. It's in an office type building with other sorts of professional offices (lawyers, Doctors...). The hours on the website are 8-5, I went by ant 10 and there was no one there. I can't tell if this is just an administrative office, or if they plan to have classes in this building. For those that have registered or done the open house, can you tell me where they are physically going to have classes? Also, does anyone know what the max class size will be, and if any of the classes are full? Thanks!
Clay

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2011

Judged:

An FYI...St. Pauls is losing its teachers for next year, several anyway. The Director at St. Anne's was the director at St. Pauls for several years and did a fabulous job getting talented teachers and programs. My children attended St. Pauls through this year, but will not be attending next year. I won't go into too many details, but you would be better off looking elsewhere. St. Pauls was top notch for several years while Kathleen was the director (principal), but no longer. Class sizes at St. Pauls vary depending upon age. 3 & 4 year old classes have 20 students with a 10 to 1 ratio (which is the max the state allows). K thru 2nd have less than 10 in each class and are smaller. They are expanding St. Pauls based on previous years success, but I believe will have a hard time filling the new classrooms.

Kathleen was hired to get St. Anne's up and running and I hear only good things.
Jennifer

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2011

Judged:

We heard good things about St. Paul's but they dont have a 4th or 6th grade for our girls.
We went to St Annes openhouse and loved it. Very small class sizes, great teachers and a really good feeling. Our area needs a Christian school. even better a school for girls.
Jennifer

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2011

Judged:

Haymarket Mom wrote:
I've also been curious about the school. I see that the website now has an address for the school, it's in Haymarket on Route 55. I have not been able to get an answer when I call the phone number, so I drove by. It's in an office type building with other sorts of professional offices (lawyers, Doctors...). The hours on the website are 8-5, I went by ant 10 and there was no one there. I can't tell if this is just an administrative office, or if they plan to have classes in this building. For those that have registered or done the open house, can you tell me where they are physically going to have classes? Also, does anyone know what the max class size will be, and if any of the classes are full? Thanks!
We went to the open house. Expected the basement of a church building but it was quite nice the first floor of Haymarket Professional bldg. I think some of their classes were full at the last open house. They have another one in july. The classrooms are very nice but one can see why they limit the class size. But all is good Lower teacher student ratio is very good
St Annes Academy

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judged:

Dear All,
What a nice surprise! Had no idea the community was discussing our new little school! This link was forwarded to me today.
To correct some information: St. Paul's is a lovely preschool and early elementary school (first and second grade)in Haymarket, Virginia. When I worked there, we had some of the most outstanding teachers.
It would be difficult to find nicer people than those at St. Paul's.
St. Anne's is an all-girls school occupying the first floor of the Haymarket Professional Building. We are very excited about the response -- and plan to make our classes available on weekends and evenings to public school students, i.e. the English Composition SAT Prep and Math SAT Prep beginning in 7th grade. Why wait until 11th grade to cram for the college entrance exams?
We also plan to offer Spanish to youth and adults on weekends, and if there is sufficient interest we will also offer Latin, French and Mandarin Chinese.
In the Spring we will offer Harp lessons to girls of all ages -- first to girls attending St. Anne's as we are forming a Harp Ensemble.
But if you have a daughter who is interested in taking harp, but you are homeschooling or have your daughter registered in public school, she may also sign up.
Please do not hesitate to contact me via email: st.annes.academy4girls@gmail.c om to get correct information.
St. Anne's is a non-denominational/ecumenical school serving all Christians, BUT not just the girls who register for the fall. We are here to offer inexpensive classes in the classics and SAT Prep. If you want to take a class or teach a class, please contact me!
Blessings!
Kathleen
Cleo

Haymarket, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
An FYI...St. Pauls is losing its teachers for next year, several anyway. The Director at St. Anne's was the director at St. Pauls for several years and did a fabulous job getting talented teachers and programs. My children attended St. Pauls through this year, but will not be attending next year. I won't go into too many details, but you would be better off looking elsewhere. St. Pauls was top notch for several years while Kathleen was the director (principal), but no longer. Class sizes at St. Pauls vary depending upon age. 3 & 4 year old classes have 20 students with a 10 to 1 ratio (which is the max the state allows). K thru 2nd have less than 10 in each class and are smaller. They are expanding St. Pauls based on previous years success, but I believe will have a hard time filling the new classrooms.
Kathleen was hired to get St. Anne's up and running and I hear only good things.
Hi Clay, Do you think you could PM me at cleo@cyprus101.com with any info on what you experienced at St. Pauls? We just registered our 2 boys there and am curious about your expereince. Thanks!
Haymarket Mom

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

St. Paul's School has been nothing short of wonderful, and we're so blessed to be a part of a growing and thriving school. Our kids love the staff, the small class rooms, and loving community. I encourage everyone to make an appointment to visit St. Paul's School and to talk with other parents at St. Paul's. The school has been making some much needed changes since its previous administration. The classes are in fact composed of a small student/teacher ratio. I've looked far and wide to find a small, safe, and intellectually stimulating environment for our kids; I see these qualities everyday w/i St. Paul's. When we first moved to Northern Va from CT, I was extremely worried about finding the proper environment/education for our kids, but feel a sense of relief now. Both my husband and I have graduated from the top graduate schools in the country and can honestly say that St. Paul's is a blessing! Also, many of the best private schools in America don't adhere to teacher licensure certification for many reasons; schools we can only dream about.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Haymarket Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Haymarket Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Haymarket People Search