Police Chase and Shootout in Haymarket

Police Chase and Shootout in Haymarket

There are 82 comments on the NBC Washington story from Jan 2, 2011, titled Police Chase and Shootout in Haymarket. In it, NBC Washington reports that:

A reported domestic violence incident in Haymarket turned into an exchange of bullets early Sunday morning, Prince William County police reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Washington.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
benny benson

Nokesville, VA

#81 Oct 16, 2011
Linda in DV wrote:
guns don't know which political party you are when they kill you
Guns dont kill people, people kill people. You can kill someone with just about anything. Saying that if there were lmore gun restrictions, less people would get killed is ignorant of the facts. Look at chicago, the murders committed with handguns is about 40% higher than it was before the ban on handguns. They don't allow handgun ownership but the criminals get them and use them anyway. making it illegal will not stop a criminal from purchasing a firearm, so why should a law abiding citizen not be allowed to own one for self defense?
benny benson

Nokesville, VA

#82 Oct 16, 2011
Shirley wrote:
yes, it is well done & funny.
BUT most cars are used for peaceful purposes, handguns are used to kill people.
Most handguns are also used for peaceful purposes. I know lots of people who one them and none of them have ever shot at anyone with them. In fact they are seldom used to kill anything period. Saying that these acts are random acts of violence is dumb because the people who commit these crimes are 9/10 times prior offenders of the law. Felons cant buy guns legally but the thing is that they will get a hold of them no matter what, so why should it be wrong for someone who isnt a criminal to own a gun to protect themselves. And you call us nuts but really your the one who has the backwards mentality and lack of perception on the situation. People die all the time with out guns involved. In fact people die in simple fist fights all the time; PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE, NOT GUNS. I can remember a couple of times in my life where I was in life threatening danger and a gun has saved my life from death. People are crazy and you should be able to defend yourself. Keep in mind that most people who own guns use them responsibly and there is a very small percentage who don't. When someone pulls a knife on you and puts it to your throat and your friend is there legally carrying a gun and he saved your life with it you will understand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haymarket Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Towncenter in Gainesville VA (Sep '06) Sep 14 gainesville noob 5,640
News Lidl's first store in D.C. region opens in Mana... Sep 1 WCB 1
Goodwill to Open Centreville Store August 5th Aug '17 DCGoodwill 1
Construction worker Jul '17 Steve 1
Victory Lakes / Bristow (Aug '06) Jun '17 youngdreamer 103
News Obama joins private golf club in Virginia Jun '17 I See the Light 21
News Joint committee takes aim at Prince William's 2... May '17 Bob Martin 1

Haymarket Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance