Police Chase and Shootout in Haymarket

Police Chase and Shootout in Haymarket

There are 82 comments on the NBC Washington story from Jan 2, 2011, titled Police Chase and Shootout in Haymarket. In it, NBC Washington reports that:

A reported domestic violence incident in Haymarket turned into an exchange of bullets early Sunday morning, Prince William County police reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Washington.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Haymarket Gal

Gainesville, VA

#1 Jan 2, 2011
So- does anyone know this couple? Is this typical for them?
Not a lawyer______

Gainesville, VA

#2 Jan 2, 2011
But I predict a divorce!
Linda in DV

United States

#3 Jan 2, 2011
everyone has arguments. this nutcase has a gun and tries to kill his wife and tries to kills the cops too. how many innocent people were in danger just because some nut has a handgun. did this nut have a gun permit?
too many guns. too bad he didn't just shoot himself.
eric

Gainesville, VA

#4 Jan 2, 2011
Linda in DV wrote:
everyone has arguments. this nutcase has a gun and tries to kill his wife and tries to kills the cops too. how many innocent people were in danger just because some nut has a handgun. did this nut have a gun permit?
too many guns. too bad he didn't just shoot himself.
Linda in Democrat Valley
Linda in DV

United States

#5 Jan 3, 2011
guns don't know which political party you are when they kill you
NoLonger Boring Haymarket

Alexandria, VA

#6 Jan 3, 2011
Ive got to know more about this incident. That must have been one hell of an argument to illicit that type of response. Whay did you tnink about the comment from the DVCC association?
Wondering

Haymarket, VA

#7 Jan 3, 2011
what comment?
Fred

Gainesville, VA

#8 Jan 3, 2011
I do wonder what the argument was about and why this guy lost his mind. Luckly for everyone, this guy doesn't know how to aim a gun.

Linda in DV: guns don't kill people. People kill people. In Switzerland, EVERY SINGLE HOUSE has at least 1 gun in the house, and their murder/crime rate is VERY low. Moral of story - let people have guns, but prevent nuts from having guns.
Linda in DV

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Jan 3, 2011
Actually, his aim was very good. He put a bullet through the Cop car windshield that would have hit the driver in the head. The lucky cop had just gotten out of the car. a couple seconds difference and we would have a dead PWC cop because some nut has a gun.
Yes the cops did a great job with this gun nut but it could have been a real tragedy.

Tell the whole story about Switzerland. Yes, they have rifles because they are members of the Army Reserve and have been properly trained. In Switzerland you can not go into a gun store and buy a handgun.
Linda in DV

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Jan 3, 2011
here is the photo
http://www2.insidenova.com/news/2011/jan/02/3...
too many guns
You losers

Monroe, LA

#11 Jan 3, 2011
The cops should have shot him dead, judge, trial and jury all in one! and yes guns do Kill, wake up stupid Americans!!
You losers

Monroe, LA

#12 Jan 3, 2011
His aim wasn't that good, sounds like the cops wasn't that good either!

Alexandria, VA

#13 Jan 5, 2011
The DVCC HOA only statetd that an incident had happened the night before and it was under investigation.
Linda is right. His aim seemed good to me when you factor in the intensity of the situation. To the cops credit, whether intentional or not, the suspect was only shot in the hand thereby sparing his life.
Makes you think twice about who your neighbors really are and what they are capable of...
Kate

Smithfield, VA

#14 Jan 5, 2011
if your neighbor has a gun (legal or not) he is capable of killing you in a second.

Or if you have a gun (legal or not) you are capable of killing in a second.

Most handgun victims know their killer.

Think about it.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#15 Jan 6, 2011
Yes Kate. This couple (him in particular) obviously had some issues. It is irrational behavior for someone to just start shooting at your spouse and then turn the gun on police. There are other issues at work here. Bottom line, if you dont need a gun, then why would you own one? For Christ sakes, we live in Dominion Valley. Its gotta be one of the safest places on Earth. Or so I thought?
Kate

Mechanicsville, VA

#16 Jan 6, 2011
Think you are safe in Dominion Valley (or any place else)?

Statistics vary, but about 40% of American homes have a gun.

The average gun owner has 4 guns.

Step outside your front door and look around. more than 1 out of 3 of your neighbors have a gun. and they can kill you in a second.

handguns are rarely actually used for protection. far more often handguns are used in a crime against people to kill
Fred

Culpeper, VA

#17 Jan 6, 2011
Guns do not kill people. People do.

People kill with guns, knives, bats, ropes, chain saws, bare hands, wires, cars, grenades, clubs, planes, box cutters, screwdrivers, axes, metal poles, gasoline, drug overdoses, water, carbon monoxide, rubber hoses, mines, bombs, starvation, viscious animals, asphyxiation, and so on.

Dominion valley is safer than South side DC or even Manassas, but there's always the chance of a nut living next to you. Personally, I'd rather have a gun in my house to protect me from that nut case. The key is training. No one should be given (sold) a gun unless properly screened and trained (should be mandatory annual training).

Of note, the numbers clearly show that your kids are more likely to drown in a neighbor's pool than a neighbor's gun.
Fred

Culpeper, VA

#18 Jan 6, 2011
above should read:

the numbers clearly show that your kids are more likely to drown in a neighbor's pool than to die from a neighbor's gun

Alexandria, VA

#19 Jan 7, 2011
Anyime an incident happens such as this, there is a tendancy to over-react with emotion and judgement. I dont feel threatended or unsafe around any of my immediate neighbors in DV so I don't share in Kate's fear.
I owned a handgun in my past. As a young single Marine, I bought one in AZ with the intention that I would use it to go to the range and become proficient with a handgun. Guess what, 6 years later I had only used it a handful of times for that purpose and ended up selling it back to a gun shop. The point is, regardless of our Constitutional right to bear arms, if you don't need a gun for legitimate reasons then why would you have one. And in DV, where you live behind a secured gate, you would expect to find a rational pool of more affluent class of people who you would hope display good sense, morals, and sound judgement, and 99% do.
This guy didn't. He was enraged, and perhaps there was alcohol or drug use involved, and now he will spend a significant amount of time behind bars.
Linda, what do you think?
Linda in DV

United States

#20 Jan 8, 2011
todays handgun shooting is in Tucson AZ. We were lucky in here in DV, many people were not so lucky in AZ. Another nut with a handgun. The only use for a handgun is to kill people. Today it was in AZ. Where will it be tomorrow and how many will die.

Innocent people are dieing. Too many guns.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haymarket Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Towncenter in Gainesville VA (Sep '06) Nov 22 Vint Hill Guy 5,545
Parks at Piedmont (Sep '08) Nov 16 Lowvaller 430
They told me I have 2 weeks...? (Dec '13) Nov 3 Hey 3
Trump sign on 29 Oct '16 Dorothy 2
Wentworth Green: Pros / Cons Oct '16 Gainesville Mom 5
News The next step in bringing VRE to Haymarket & Ga... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Kiwuji 1
News 32-mile cross-county walk to raise funds for ch... (May '15) May '15 kab 1

Haymarket Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Haymarket Mortgages