New Sheriff in Clay County

Posted in the Hayesville Forum

First Prev
of 29
Next Last
Sheriff

United States

#1 May 4, 2010
Folks, I'll bet the farm there will be a new sheriff in Clay County and his name will be Vic Davis! When 1/3 of your own party votes against you in the primary, you're toast! Stick a fork in Joe, he's done!!
mountain einstien

United States

#2 May 4, 2010
Sheriff wrote:
Folks, I'll bet the farm there will be a new sheriff in Clay County and his name will be Vic Davis! When 1/3 of your own party votes against you in the primary, you're toast! Stick a fork in Joe, he's done!!
it will never happen. locals rule.
HeadOfTheCreek

Murphy, NC

#3 May 5, 2010
I agree that us locals rule, but there ain't no locals in this race. Neither candidate is from Clay County!! Both moved in here from sommers else!
michultra

United States

#4 May 5, 2010
HeadOfTheCreek wrote:
I agree that us locals rule, but there ain't no locals in this race. Neither candidate is from Clay County!! Both moved in here from sommers else!
joe has been in this area for more than 35 years. i believe this would qualify him as a local. from what i can find out mr davis has only ben here for about 12-14 years. us old timers look at people being locals a little different than some others. joe rules the roost in november. i hope he gets rid of 3 or 4 of his bagage employes that has been working so diligently against him during this primary.
Georgia Cracker

United States

#5 May 5, 2010
michultra wrote:
<quoted text> joe has been in this area for more than 35 years. i believe this would qualify him as a local. from what i can find out mr davis has only ben here for about 12-14 years. us old timers look at people being locals a little different than some others. joe rules the roost in november. i hope he gets rid of 3 or 4 of his bagage employes that has been working so diligently against him during this primary.
SHOOK. NOT A LOCAL. NOT GONNA HAPPEN. DAVIS IS THE ONLY RIGHT CHOICE NOW. Gee, Vic's a real foreigner, what is it 2 hours down the road... That's about the same distance as where Shook's from. How many of you were born in Georgia? In case some of you old-timers don't remember, in the majority of circumstances you had to go somewhere else to be born in the old days. Georgia usually offered the hospitals of choice.
Freedom

Murphy, NC

#6 May 5, 2010
It seems the same people posting for DebbyJo are now posting for Vic Davis I also think topix as a campaign tool is useless. Vic or Joe either seem more qualified than DebbyJo and either can probably be reasonably effective.
Your all funny

Young Harris, GA

#7 May 6, 2010
How many of you are true locals? Born in Clay County? Most of you where more than likely born somewhere else (Franklin, Murphy or Hiawassee) and now live in Hayesville. Get it straight locals you don't even know where your from.
Whiskey Sour

United States

#8 May 7, 2010
Freedom wrote:
It seems the same people posting for DebbyJo are now posting for Vic Davis I also think topix as a campaign tool is useless. Vic or Joe either seem more qualified than DebbyJo and either can probably be reasonably effective.
You're right, it's useless, but it does give folks a chance to vent and it's kind of fun to read. I do like it better now that the primary is over. It was getting pretty rough in here. Everybody have a good weekend.
Tookie

Hayesville, NC

#9 May 7, 2010
Hey I ain't from here, but i'm from a town in the south that is smaller than Hayesville. I fought for our country. I'm from the USA and that gives me the right to vote how I choose, and where I choose. That "local" crap don't cut it, I don't care if you were born and raised here or not. What is sad is that out of 8,000 or so voters only 3,000 or so voted. I'm sure some of them were "locals" shows how much some peoof their responsibility to the area huh?
Tookie

Hayesville, NC

#10 May 7, 2010
oops got a little fast on the keyboard and screwed up people spelling lol/
walkin tall

Seminole, TX

#11 May 7, 2010
Your all funny wrote:
How many of you are true locals? Born in Clay County? Most of you where more than likely born somewhere else (Franklin, Murphy or Hiawassee) and now live in Hayesville. Get it straight locals you don't even know where your from.
not be a smart ass or anything but its been awhile since i been to hayesville and the hospitals are in towns or cherrokee county unless ol doc padgett delivered you in hayesville you we'nt born there
mountain einstien

United States

#12 May 8, 2010
walkin tall wrote:
<quoted text> not be a smart ass or anything but its been awhile since i been to hayesville and the hospitals are in towns or cherrokee county unless ol doc padgett delivered you in hayesville you we'nt born there
no one said anything about being born in clay county of course the local residents had to get themselves to an out of town facility for delivery due to not haveing any facility here but just keep in mind that when they came home it was to hayesville so your physcoanalization of the situation is just stupid. by the way there are still some locals alive here that was born in the county.
Razorback

Murphy, NC

#13 May 30, 2010
I consider myself a local and even a native, although I was delivered in Cherokee County. I have lived in Clay County for 57 years. I say Vic Davis is the right man for our next sheriff in Clay County. No he is not a local, but he is from a town about two hours from here. I don't think it is no different from being from here. All he wants to do is to do what is right for Clay County. He is not in it for the salary, but to serve the people of Clay County with professionalism and honesty. My vote will go to Mr. Vic Davis come November, if I am still here on earth!!
local forever

Hayesville, NC

#14 May 30, 2010
By the same token, Joe Shook has been here for a very long time and is a native Carolinian. He knows Clay County and has invested much time and effort into finding and controlling the druggie population. While he may have made some mistakes, he has made effort and success in instigating some programs to control crime here. My vote will go to Sheriff Joe Shook come November, if I am still here on earth.
Tookie

Hayesville, NC

#15 May 31, 2010
Joe Shook is a mistake. Very poor excuse for a Sheriff, his poor discisions and excuses for those mistakes shows that enough is enough. Dont get took with Joe Shook {AGAIN}
local forever

Hayesville, NC

#16 May 31, 2010
Tookie, what mistakes do you say he has made? and what excuses has he given? Please be specific. Also, please do not make this a political "party" thing because those who vote for the party and not the person running, deserve what they get.
Freedom

Murphy, NC

#17 May 31, 2010
Vic Davis made many blunders in Rockdale Co Ga and after two terms the citizens said no more. Neither candidate like us is perfect but I for one appreciate our current Sheriff's Ofc.
local forever

Hayesville, NC

#18 May 31, 2010
I do, also, Freedom. Have known Sheriff Shook for a very long time. He has always been kind and decent to us. He even gave me a ticket once--for speeding. I deserved it and considered him a friend for years. He just did his job.
Lion Heart

Commerce, GA

#19 May 31, 2010
Will there be any real debates?
Lion Heart

Commerce, GA

#20 May 31, 2010
One more thing is that ABC store making any money or costing the good citizens of Clay?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 29
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hayesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sherff Election Clay County 2018 Nov 14 Just saying 8
Murphy Online Yard Sales (Nov '14) Nov 12 Banned in Murphy 15
Girl named tish her mom is Donna wike Nov 7 Truth 1
Superior court today (Nov '16) Nov 7 big meat 10
Murphy voted worst town in NC (Jul '11) Nov 6 SandinYourVagina 21
How long before mafia controls Cherokee Co? (Aug '15) Nov 3 Truth 12
Murphy, Cherokee North Carolina..... Warning! (Jan '16) Nov 3 Citizen 3

Hayesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance