corrupt power company
joe

United States

#1 Mar 11, 2011
winter has been harsh,work,slow,bills still comming.i have been making payments on my extremely high electric bill,250 2 days ago 150 today and they say if idont pay 800,they will cut my power off... i have 3 children and like everyone else,am struggling.but i am still making paymments,showing effort to pay my bill!it is winter so it is very cold,i am making payments,what rights do i have,how can i stop them from cutting my power ,i cant just make 800 dollars appear! who can help me?!
try this

United States

#2 Mar 11, 2011
Call the Catholic church and ask them for help. I believe that Little Brasstown Baptist Church may also help some. They both have funds to help those struggling with heat bills.

There is also a program in Andrews, I cannot remember the name but call Social Services and ask them for the names and numbers.

You may be able to get some emergency assistance from Social Services to help pay down the balance. They set aside funds to help those not on welfare but are suffering from hardships especially those with children.

That will give you some ideas to look into for some help.
jakie

United States

#3 Mar 27, 2011
Is any one getting lower electric bills? I turn my heat down to cold, put on more clothes and my power bill is still over 100.00 a month. How much did they increase their rates to pay for the new building?
Donald Trump

Hayesville, NC

#4 Oct 1, 2011
jakie wrote:
Is any one getting lower electric bills? I turn my heat down to cold, put on more clothes and my power bill is still over 100.00 a month. How much did they increase their rates to pay for the new building?
Now Now We all have to pay for the new castle/palace their building over in Young Harris. You'll just have to eat a little less so they can have the best.
Jed Clampit

Hayesville, NC

#5 Oct 1, 2011
I know, I'll take my business somewhere else. Oh thats right, I can't take my business somewhere else. I guess they can do whatever they want to us and there is nothing we can do about it but suck it up. Their really good neighbors and friends an't they?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hayesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How’s it feel to be on the front page Palmer??? 18 hr Palmer 4
Future sheriff? Apr 12 Retired in Franklin 7
Kmart Apr 11 Big George 5
Matt Norton Apr 11 Big George 2
Searching for someone Apr 10 Need to talk to him 1
Melissa West Hicks Apr 9 Roadrunner 3
Kayla ledford Apr 7 Classy not trashy 1

Hayesville Jobs

Personal Finance

Hayesville Mortgages