First Prev
of 2
Next Last
LMFAO

Young Harris, GA

#1 Jan 29, 2013
The bible-thumpers around here are still so pissed about us being able to (legally) buy liquor here they refuse to even speak to you in the ABC store.
HuH

Franklin, NC

#2 Feb 10, 2013
???...

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#3 Feb 27, 2013
LMFAO wrote:
The bible-thumpers around here are still so pissed about us being able to (legally) buy liquor here they refuse to even speak to you in the ABC store.
We dont want your evil alcohol here.
Medlin

Maggie Valley, NC

#4 Oct 3, 2013
I love likker!!
Be Positive

Cleveland, GA

#5 Oct 5, 2013
what are they doing in the ABC store anyway?? LOL!

Location hidden

#6 Aug 23, 2014
It's a shame the people of clay county allowed the floridiots to shove alcohol down their throats.
Tommy_

Murphy, NC

#7 Aug 24, 2014
Timmy_ wrote:
It's a shame the people of clay county allowed the floridiots to shove alcohol down their throats.
It helps wash the taste of other believers out of their mouth after kneeling at the 'altar' and 'praying'.
matlock

Hayesville, NC

#8 Sep 2, 2014
Timmy_ wrote:
Hold your horses now-a lot of us natives voted for legal sales of alcohol. Going into the mountain sound! By the way several republican candidates for commissioner are promising a vote to repeal alcohol sales in Clay County, right behind their mentors efforts to do away with Obamacare. I know several republicans in Clay County who now have health insurance for the first time in their lives, and they are waiting for me to discuss this years elections because they will now vote for Democrats including Senator Hagan. So good work Teabags keep it up and us Dimmicrats will be singing slowly to your mournful tune "bringing in the sheaves bringing in the sheaves in the mountain sound!

Location hidden

#9 Sep 2, 2014
matlock wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold your horses now-a lot of us natives voted for legal sales of alcohol. Going into the mountain sound! By the way several republican candidates for commissioner are promising a vote to repeal alcohol sales in Clay County, right behind their mentors efforts to do away with Obamacare. I know several republicans in Clay County who now have health insurance for the first time in their lives, and they are waiting for me to discuss this years elections because they will now vote for Democrats including Senator Hagan. So good work Teabags keep it up and us Dimmicrats will be singing slowly to your mournful tune "bringing in the sheaves bringing in the sheaves in the mountain sound!
What are you talking about "mountain sound" ?
Townhall

United States

#10 Sep 2, 2014
matlock wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no candidates who have promised a vote to repeal acohol sales in Clay county. Post some facts or stop spreading unfounded untruths. Thanks
matlock

Hayesville, NC

#11 Sep 2, 2014
Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about "mountain sound" ?
I started a discussion in the forum today and called it mountain sound to see if I could get a discussion started in our county in a practical, common sense way. You can check what I wrote and if you would like, you can offer some of your opinions in that thread.The term "mountain sound" just came to me and I thought it might get some good, interesting debates started that would identify the different opinions of us mountaineers.
matlock

Hayesville, NC

#12 Sep 2, 2014
Townhall wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no candidates who have promised a vote to repeal acohol sales in Clay county. Post some facts or stop spreading unfounded untruths. Thanks
I did hear this through the grapevine, and I have observed goings on in Clay County for over 40 years, and where I heard this makes me believe there is a kernel of truth in the repeal rumours. Time and maybe debates will put the spotlight on what is being discussed behind the scenes. And you can not stop rumours.
Townhall

Durham, NC

#13 Sep 3, 2014
matlock wrote:
<quoted text>
I did hear this through the grapevine, and I have observed goings on in Clay County for over 40 years, and where I heard this makes me believe there is a kernel of truth in the repeal rumours. Time and maybe debates will put the spotlight on what is being discussed behind the scenes. And you can not stop rumours.
Thanks for clearing up what you posted. What you stated as promises are only rumors that you heard from your friends and contacts. How much a rumor is a kernel of truth remains to be seen. It is much more rewarding to seek out facts than to repeat rumors and post them as fact. Hopefully you will ask your sources for some facts. I personally believe what I read in the ad in last weeks paper with names and faces of all the Republican candidates. No rumors there !
_Timmy

Murphy, NC

#14 Sep 3, 2014
Townhall wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally believe what I read in the ad in last weeks paper with names and faces of all the Republican candidates. No rumors there !

Wow. That's a special kind of... special.

Location hidden

#15 Sep 3, 2014
_Timmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. That's a special kind of... special.
Find a different name
matlock

Hayesville, NC

#16 Sep 3, 2014
Townhall wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for clearing up what you posted. What you stated as promises are only rumors that you heard from your friends and contacts. How much a rumor is a kernel of truth remains to be seen. It is much more rewarding to seek out facts than to repeat rumors and post them as fact. Hopefully you will ask your sources for some facts. I personally believe what I read in the ad in last weeks paper with names and faces of all the Republican candidates. No rumors there !
Point taken. Let me add this. The Republicans in congress voted over 40 times to repeal Obamacare(real name the Affordable Care Act) and I guarantee that every Republican candidate in Clay County voted for these congressmen who are fighting Obamcare and would be happy if Obamcare was done away with. Granted let's say that no Republican candidate for commisioner will publicly come out and oppose alcohol sales, they would not publicly say they support alcohol sales in Clay County. I for one would like for them in a public forum to promise not to repeal alcohol sales.
Townhall

United States

#17 Sep 3, 2014
matlock wrote:
<quoted text>
Point taken. Let me add this. The Republicans in congress voted over 40 times to repeal Obamacare(real name the Affordable Care Act) and I guarantee that every Republican candidate in Clay County voted for these congressmen who are fighting Obamcare and would be happy if Obamcare was done away with. Granted let's say that no Republican candidate for commisioner will publicly come out and oppose alcohol sales, they would not publicly say they support alcohol sales in Clay County. I for one would like for them in a public forum to promise not to repeal alcohol sales.
Obviously you don't see how it works. " They " the candidates or commissioners can't themselves repeal alcohol sales. It would have to go to the voters, again. I think it was made clear 4 years ago what the majority wanted. It would be foolish and a waste of time to vote again and we all know that whether one "was" for or against it back then.
I myself have heard two of the candidates say that they had not even thought about alcohol sales one way or the other. They also said it should not matter what they themselves think because we live in a Democracy and the citizens of Clay County voted to allow alcohol sales and they will stand by that decision.
As to your Obama-care reference , I don't like it myself. Not because of the idea but because of the way it is written. If you are a fan of it you probably haven't looked at the deductibles, what is not covered and the choices for specialized care. That said, I believe I read somewhere that the subsidies allowed for people in North Carolina have been ruled unconstitutional . So if you are a North Carolinian and have a ridiculously low premium... get ready for a massive increase.
Kimberlee2169

Douglas, GA

#18 Sep 4, 2014
What does alcohol drinking have to go with god?

Location hidden

#19 Sep 4, 2014
Kimberlee2169 wrote:
What does alcohol drinking have to go with god?

It is a sin.
chairmaker

Hayesville, NC

#20 Sep 4, 2014
Townhall wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you don't see how it works. " They " the candidates or commissioners can't themselves repeal alcohol sales. It would have to go to the voters, again. I think it was made clear 4 years ago what the majority wanted. It would be foolish and a waste of time to vote again and we all know that whether one "was" for or against it back then.
I myself have heard two of the candidates say that they had not even thought about alcohol sales one way or the other. They also said it should not matter what they themselves think because we live in a Democracy and the citizens of Clay County voted to allow alcohol sales and they will stand by that decision.
As to your Obama-care reference , I don't like it myself. Not because of the idea but because of the way it is written. If you are a fan of it you probably haven't looked at the deductibles, what is not covered and the choices for specialized care. That said, I believe I read somewhere that the subsidies allowed for people in North Carolina have been ruled unconstitutional . So if you are a North Carolinian and have a ridiculously low premium... get ready for a massive increase.
Let put this back to you. Massive increas-not true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hayesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ambulance Feb 7 Uct 2
Cottage Deli Restaurant (Jan '15) Feb 4 Towns County 10
fatal wreck in Murphy,NC today (Jan '13) Jan 26 Dredmon 6
Macon County News in Raleigh for Kevin Corbin S... Jan '17 Curious in the Co... 1
Sierra Lingerfelt Jan '17 ihatesnitchesandt... 1
hayesville football Dec '16 Support 2
Nathan Kolton Dec '16 Burnette 3

Hayesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hayesville Mortgages