Review: Andleton Management

Posted in the Hayes Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Emmanuel Sheafe

United States

#1 Jan 30, 2009
Run as far away from these people as possible. I would never advise anyone to move into any property that they manage. This guy Andleton and the management at Brookside townhomes are done nothing but harass and charge unfounded fees to the home owners. I have over 70 complaints and there are only 90 homes there. Run, Run, Run...Call me and I will be glad to give you the document that have been provided to me by home owners. WE are going to sell as quickly as possible. There is a HISTORY of harrassment that is documented. RUN...
Unbelievable Fees

Newport News, VA

#3 Dec 12, 2009
I donot like this company at all. People complain about the fees that they charge for little silly stuff. I can't believe that their manangement staff charges 10 a day for any thing thats not paid on time. Come on and the sad part is living in Va. they allow this type of robbery to happen. Its pitiful but what goes around comes around.I Do not advise anyone to be associated with Andleton Management. RUN!!
Glad to be gone

Herndon, VA

#4 Jan 12, 2010
I rented a townhome at Daybreak Condos and they are managed by Andleton. Our neighbors downstairs tried to warn me about the ridiculous fees they charged for things.$50 fine for using sidewalk chalk. The neighbors enjoyed seeing young children outside playing with their parents and the cute pictures they would draw but then those parents were charged $50 for the drawing. It washes away! Then we were informed our dog was too big but never received copies of the rules we violated. We were charged $100 for not cleaning up after our pet but were never given any proof. Then they sent a notice that we had to pay $10 a day for having the dog that was overwieght but were never asked to present the dog to be weighted or present a vet report to prove we were not in violation. We ended up having to find a foster home for our dog and moved out the very next month. I'm so glad our lease was ending and we ended up buying a wonderful house where we can have our dog and no stupid association rules. I would not recommend any property managed by Andleton!
Counting Down

Newport News, VA

#5 Mar 28, 2010
I myself should have researched this company prior to moving in. This company finds any little thing to FINE you for, the security guard doesn't speak, spends majority of his time at the 7-Eleven or sitting in his truck talking on his bluetooth. I moved here in November and I am already counting down to move in 3 years (due to the tax credit). I went to one of the "appeal meetings" when I was fined and found myself having to argue with the rude, President and his "know it all wife." When you ask a question I have found the answer to be "thats the way the law is written." When the law is not paying for the stupid notices that they mail and I'm charge $11.00 for!!! I am starting to feel like this is the biggest mistake that I have made!!!!!
Snarky-T

Oak Ridge, TN

#8 May 28, 2010
CROOKS AND EVIL GREEDY!
I paid my rent on time every month for 4 years. I left the place clean and orderly. I got a bill saying not only were they keeping my 900 deposit which they did not add the interest, but I owed them another 200 in addition.
Some one should shut them down. I am in another state and do not have the resources to fight. I cant afford a lawyer. Another case of me getting screwed again.
Dee

United States

#10 Nov 24, 2010
Emmanuel Sheafe wrote:
Run as far away from these people as possible. I would never advise anyone to move into any property that they manage. This guy Andleton and the management at Brookside townhomes are done nothing but harass and charge unfounded fees to the home owners. I have over 70 complaints and there are only 90 homes there. Run, Run, Run...Call me and I will be glad to give you the document that have been provided to me by home owners. WE are going to sell as quickly as possible. There is a HISTORY of harrassment that is documented. RUN...
Sir, could you post you contact info. I have also had problems with these guys and I would like to have them fired from managing our property. Any documentation you have would be helpfull.

Thanks,
dee
Shane

Southminster, UK

#11 Jan 24, 2011
Emmanuel Sheafe wrote:
I own a condo in this association and I have had nothing but trouble. Can you send me the documentation you have to my email addy: [email protected]

Thanks,
Shane
Shane

Southminster, UK

#12 Jan 24, 2011
I own a condo in this association and I have had nothing but trouble. Can you send me the documentation you have to my email addy: [email protected]

Thanks,
Shane
Emmanuel Sheafe

Hampton, VA

#13 Aug 11, 2011
email me at [email protected]..my nephew purchased a townhouse and one minute ago his brothers vehicle was towed (while it was in his parking place)becasue they claim they did not recognized the car...Bullshit...now they want $125.oo There is a special place in hell for people who deliberately harass,cheat and manipulate the rules for their own greedy gain. When you talk with these people stand back in case lightning strikes.
CCH Pounder

Waynesville, NC

#14 Mar 17, 2012
There are truly no words for just how horrible Andleton Management is. I used to live in Daybreak Condos and witnessed first hand just how bad of a job Andleton does managing the property. They fine without true cause or proof. There is a certain group of individuals who live there who are involved with the board and police the complex as they see fit. However, they are exempt from all rules. Additionally, Andleton is completely unresponsive to needs of the property and automatically try to convince owners it is their responsibility. Or...they just don't get around to fixing building issues. Just drive by and see how awful the property looks now. You can thank Andleton for that.
Thankful Owner

Norfolk, VA

#15 Apr 28, 2012
I am thankful that the condo that I own proerty in is managed by a responsiboe Board of Directors and good management company. Most owners comply with the Governing Documents of the COmmu;nity and pay their fees on time. IT IS EASY TO SEE WHO DOES NOT !!!!!
Condo owner

Newport News, VA

#16 May 7, 2012
Unbelievable Fees wrote:
I donot like this company at all. People complain about the fees that they charge for little silly stuff. I can't believe that their manangement staff charges 10 a day for any thing thats not paid on time. Come on and the sad part is living in Va. they allow this type of robbery to happen. Its pitiful but what goes around comes around.I Do not advise anyone to be associated with Andleton Management. RUN!!
Do you rent or live inthe condo
Condo owner

Norfolk, VA

#17 Jun 7, 2012
When are you guys going to wake up. The management company does charge anything. When you buy into an Association there are rules and regulations. One of the main rules is "pay" your assessments ! The next thing to remember when living in an Association is that there are documents governing your assocation. If you don't want to follow the rules and pay your assessments then the Board of Directors of the Association is allowed by law to charge the owners for rule infractions including not paying your assessments. The management company is hired to assist the Board of Directors by writing the letters for these infractions. If you don't want to pay association fees, follow rules and regulations that you knew about when you bought the property......then I guess you know what you need to do.
Run

Charlotte, NC

#18 Jul 7, 2012
Don't do it! Go to Newport News city jail ad rent a cell first. This place is hell. Prejudice towards families with children and young families. Marion is aphedophile ad just plain evil. Andleton is mean and nasty and has no respect for anyone. This place is hell on earth. If you don't believe me talk to the current residents. You will go broke living here. The fines are ridiculous.malso PLEASE come to a complete stop at the stop sign or YOU WILL pay $50.00. Don't do it to your family. RUN RUN RUN.....
Responsible Homeowner

Norfolk, VA

#19 Dec 5, 2012
If you are a responsible homeowner you wouldn't be charged with fees that the 'ASSOCIATION" is charging...not the Management Company. Read the docs that you received prior to purchasing a property that has a homeowners assoiation. If you want to break the rules and you don't pay your fees the "ASSOCIATION" might end up paying for it. I only want to live in an Assocition where owners pay their fees and their is enough money in the bank to pay for the repairs that need to be done to the Assocation. I DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN AN ASSOCIATION THAT HAVE RESIDENTS THAT BREAK THE RULES AND DON'T PAY THEIR FEES. IF THE RULES ARE NOT ENFORCED THEN THE PLACE LOOKS LIKE A GHETTO.
Anonymous at Daybreak

Newport News, VA

#20 Dec 6, 2012
Responsible Homeowner wrote:
If you are a responsible homeowner you wouldn't be charged with fees that the 'ASSOCIATION" is charging...not the Management Company. Read the docs that you received prior to purchasing a property that has a homeowners assoiation. If you want to break the rules and you don't pay your fees the "ASSOCIATION" might end up paying for it. I only want to live in an Assocition where owners pay their fees and their is enough money in the bank to pay for the repairs that need to be done to the Assocation. I DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN AN ASSOCIATION THAT HAVE RESIDENTS THAT BREAK THE RULES AND DON'T PAY THEIR FEES. IF THE RULES ARE NOT ENFORCED THEN THE PLACE LOOKS LIKE A GHETTO.
Please do not assume that all condo owners are breaking rules with Andleton Management. I personally have had erroneous fees charged with my condo at Daybreak. The Association DID NOT charge fees legally according to Virginia Code and according to Association bylaws. I have proven that they charged my illegally and am taking further action. They try to get away with any extra charges they can, if you do not know the law. Andleton DOES NOT do their part (according to VA code and bylaws) with the upkeep of the exterior and all other sections they are responsibe for.
unkown reader

Columbia, MD

#21 Dec 24, 2012
Drive through DAYBREAK and you will see that the Community looks great and is well maintained. It takes a good board and management company to achieve this.
Daybreak homeowner

Newport News, VA

#22 Feb 20, 2013
It is a very nice place to live however some residents are allowed to do certain things others would be fined for. Also if you want to get elected to the board you had better not be friends with someone they don't like that would make it an automatic no vote for you. I don't mind rules as long as the rules apply to ALL!!!!!!
Daybreak Management Owner

Newport News, VA

#23 Mar 5, 2013
All the above statements are true.... I have owned in daybreak for 5 years... Mostly out of necessity. MY Children are harassed for such small things as not being straight in their assigned parking space…. They are between the white lines, but not straight enough for Howard Andelton…. He has a reputation for walking the line between legal and “gray” area… The security guards check your locks and are peering into your cars at night looking for opportunities to steal…

Mr. Andelton has a team of NAZI SS guards patrolling the units looking for any reason to write infractions to raise money… They are of course immune from all KANGAROO COURT ACTIONS held by ANDELTON MANAGEMENT….. And Kangaroo court it is! He openly challenges any tenant to bring a lawyer to the infraction hearings!……

If maintenance is required (such as cleaning your dryer vent) you as a homeowner have to use HIS Contractors…..fines and late fees ensue for non-compliance…. No doubt a vehicle for kickbacks and a conflict of interest….If you are a homeowner Howard Andelton will be responsible for turning Daybreak into a section 8 rental housing….. Your property values are dropping because he is running off those respectful homeowners who take pride in home ownership.

Contact a real estate professional and sell, short sale, or foreclose…. Thank Howard ANDELTON of ANDELTON Management for STEALING FROM YOUR FUTURE, YOUR BANK ACCOUNTS, AND YOUR HOMES…. HE HAS BEEN FIRED FROM OTHER ASSOCIATIONS WHEN THEY HAVE HAD ENOUGH….
Daybreak Owner

Newport News, VA

#24 Mar 9, 2013
I think it is time to form a group to review his unethical business practices. I hear owners complain about Andelton Management quite often. I have lived in the Daybreak Community for seven years and can't wait until my son graduates from high school in two years. I plan to sell as soon as possible and RUN!!!
I suggest to anyone that they read the above comments carefully because 100% of them are true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hayes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Air Force buddy Jun 12 Bdye 1
News Facebook Feedback for Saturday, Oct. 22 from Da... (Oct '11) Jun 12 martin garey 19
News 74 arrested in dragnet; drug, rape charges filed (Jun '09) Jun 6 martin garey 37
Review: Mattress Air Foam Water Jun 4 Charles S 1
News Toddler drowns in Fort Eustis sand pool (Jul '07) May '16 Walter 100
News Police officers face more dangers in working th... (May '10) May '16 martin garey 338
News Man shot at Aqueduct Apartments in Newport News... (Jun '08) Jan '16 Lucy Monroe 68
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hayes Mortgages