Gloucester girl kept in modified cage was 2 or 3

May 2, 2011 Full story: WTVR Richmond 7

A girl suffering from severe starvation who was kept penned in a makeshift cage in a single-wide trailer in Hayes was born at home on Dec.

Full Story
Reading in PA

Palmerton, PA

#1 May 2, 2011
Okay stories like this piss me right off. I wish I had just 5 minutes alone with this girl, just to make sure she was locked in the nearest dog crate and left alone for a few weeks.
This mother, or lack thereof, needs some of the treatment she so easily passed on to this innocent young child. I pray she is getting the shit beat out of her in jail.
robert

Macon, GA

#2 May 2, 2011
Normally...serious crimes like these warrant probation with Bob Hicks but in an election year they might warrant a year or two. Had the father not been given two prior plea agreements on an assault charge and firearm charge none of this may have happened.
Hicks condemned the actions but he likely was a contributing factor. Kathy baccus' fugitive killer will be out soon after his what?...5 year sentance
For Real

Hayes, VA

#3 May 9, 2011
I have not been able to get this case off of my mind, since the second I heard about it. It's haunting; completely incomprehensible; 110% inexcusable and unforgiveable. I see the pictures of these two and want to vomit! I am with you, Reading in PA! Strip their asses down, crate them and have them use THEIR shit for bedding and feed on only THEIR skin if their little tummies get hungry, all on display in a "public exhibit"!
Former Teacher Ret

Yorktown, VA

#4 Jun 18, 2011
I think there needs to be a cage in every classroom in HCS and NNPS. I would take the cage to that new TV Show 'Shark Tank' and make a million. Get a patent!
Gloucester Resisdent

Gloucester, VA

#5 Jun 18, 2011
Former Teacher Ret wrote:
I think there needs to be a cage in every classroom in HCS and NNPS. I would take the cage to that new TV Show 'Shark Tank' and make a million. Get a patent!
Wow...
I guess all that anybody can say to that is that it's a good thing you're retired. Obviously, you were in it for the money.
afraid so

Gloucester, VA

#6 Jun 18, 2011
Gloucester Resisdent wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow...
I guess all that anybody can say to that is that it's a good thing you're retired. Obviously, you were in it for the money.
Just because teachers get fed up with misbehaving (understatement?), violent and/or disrespectful kids does NOT mean the teacher was in it for the $$$$$$.

No, I'm not a retired teacher, but have been in classrooms & see what alot of poor teachers deal with (or I guess I should say 'I see with what the teachers deal' so my former English teachers would be happy).

Putting them in a cage is a little much, but we haven't spent weeks & months on end w/ the little (and big) buggers. The whole walking a mile in their shoes thing......
sam

Gloucester, VA

#7 Oct 4, 2011
afraid so wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because teachers get fed up with misbehaving (understatement?), violent and/or disrespectful kids does NOT mean the teacher was in it for the $$$$$$.
No, I'm not a retired teacher, but have been in classrooms & see what alot of poor teachers deal with (or I guess I should say 'I see with what the teachers deal' so my former English teachers would be happy).
Putting them in a cage is a little much, but we haven't spent weeks & months on end w/ the little (and big) buggers. The whole walking a mile in their shoes thing......
On the other side of the coin I have personally witnessed a teacher slander a student during class and encourage the other students to mistreat that student in Gloucester schools. She also set the tone for that student's mistreatment at the hands of other teachers and administrators.

Don't give me that high and mighty teacher junk, I won't have it, they can be pretty messed up too. And Mr. Retired Teacher sounds like a choice example of this to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hayes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hampton looks for more math teachers 18 hr meh 40
McAuliffe wants to ban gifts and trips for lawm... (Mar '09) Thu Sierra 16
moving to Newport News, va (Jun '11) Dec 12 meh 27
Review: Andleton Management (Jan '09) Dec 9 Bb b 29
Hampton University hosts discussion on civic en... Dec 9 gammler 1
Review: Mr Hubbard's Driving School (Sep '11) Dec 4 Turner 19
Lawsuit: rehab center lied, landed man in prison Dec 4 meh 1
Hayes Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web