Strange & Unusual - Man Cuts off Hand...

Strange & Unusual - Man Cuts off Hand & Cooks it In Microwave

There are 27 comments on the First Coast News Jacksonville story from Jan 9, 2008, titled Strange & Unusual - Man Cuts off Hand & Cooks it In Microwave. In it, First Coast News Jacksonville reports that:

A man who believed he bore the "mark of the beast" used a circular saw to cut off one hand, then he cooked it in the microwave and called 911, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at First Coast News Jacksonville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Todd

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#1 Jan 9, 2008
Malfunction junction!
joann in pa

West Chester, PA

#2 Jan 9, 2008
Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "can you give me a hand"
youngone

Seattle, WA

#3 Jan 9, 2008
wow
Marie

Tampa, FL

#4 Jan 9, 2008
That must have hurt like hell--you gotta'hand it to him...

“Proud wife of a 12 yr Navy Vet”

Since: May 07

Jacksonville, FL

#5 Jan 9, 2008
I'm sure if it were "partially cooked", attempts at reattachment were useless! Poor sick guy... Can't imagine how it would feel to be that unbalanced.
icw john
#6 Jan 9, 2008
lets all give him a hand!
Willbee
#7 Jan 9, 2008
Hands down, that was stupid! I guess the right hand knew what the left was doing. Maybe his right hand was jealous he was sleeping with a "stranger"!
Lefty

Jacksonville, FL

#8 Jan 9, 2008
This is not mental illness. This is too much crack cocaine. This is the kind of thing people do when they are high on dope. This stuff isn't called "smart" - it's called dope for a reason. Lots of men remove all sorts of body parts when they are strung out on drugs.
Willbee
#9 Jan 9, 2008
Lefty wrote:
This is not mental illness. This is too much crack cocaine. This is the kind of thing people do when they are high on dope. This stuff isn't called "smart" - it's called dope for a reason. Lots of men remove all sorts of body parts when they are strung out on drugs.
I doubt that! "Lots of men remove all sorts of body parts when they are strung out on drug." Who told you that...your Sunday School teacher or Officer Friendly. If this was true wouldnt prisons be over-ran with amputees? Sounds like someone told you a story to keep you on the straight and narrow and you believed it!
jerzeegirl

United States

#10 Jan 9, 2008
Well at least he wont get the CLAPS
snicket

Jacksonville, FL

#11 Jan 9, 2008
Willbee wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that! "Lots of men remove all sorts of body parts when they are strung out on drug." Who told you that...your Sunday School teacher or Officer Friendly. If this was true wouldnt prisons be over-ran with amputees? Sounds like someone told you a story to keep you on the straight and narrow and you believed it!
LMAO...haaaaaaaaa

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#12 Jan 9, 2008
I hate when this happens. I am not cleaning that microwave.

Since: Jul 07

AOL

#13 Jan 9, 2008
LMFAO!Was he going to eat it?
Pray to Zeus

Tampa, FL

#14 Jan 9, 2008
It was the "mark of the beast". Why is it that most of these really sick cases are connected to religious beliefs?...and why is religion getting a free ride -- again.

“its a plane, its a plane”

Since: Dec 07

jax for now

#15 Jan 9, 2008
bet he is really peed off when he re reads that bit in bible and finds out he cut the wrong hand off.............crazy would be about right for him me thinks lol lol
Religion blows

Valparaiso, IN

#16 Jan 10, 2008
Imaginary beings taken seriously. Some people really are that stupid.
Curious

Decatur, GA

#17 Jan 10, 2008
Hey, I want to know more about this guy. Do you Idaho people hear anything else about this guy?
just me

Coeur D Alene, ID

#18 Jan 13, 2011
Lefty wrote:
I know this man and yes it was mental illness
just me

Coeur D Alene, ID

#19 Jan 13, 2011
Curious wrote:
Hey, I want to know more about this guy. Do you Idaho people hear anything else about this guy?
he is better now, back on his meds and doing better.

“New & Improved..”

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#20 Jan 13, 2011
Now that he is doing better does he ever get a taste for finger food..?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hayden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UK will prosecute ex-pol with dementia with chi... Jun 30 Jelly Belly Popcorn 1
News Cell phone battery explosion starts Post Falls ... Jun 21 anonamouse 1
News Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho (Apr '09) Jun 19 swedenforever 436
john and rola lebleu (Oct '14) Jun 18 rola 2
News Surviving one of the busiest return days of the... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Kathy Cheer 1
News Joe Rickey Hundley out of a job after allegedly... (Feb '13) Jun '14 bs 5
News Deputy sheriff found justified in shooting (Apr '07) Apr '14 Roger 5
More from around the web

Hayden People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Hayden Mortgages