Idaho State latest campus to adopt smoking ban

Aug 24, 2012 Full story: SFGate

Officials at Idaho State University are banning smoking ban on the Pocatello campus following a recommendation from student leaders, who passed a resolution nearly a year ago supporting the move to a smoke-free institution.

Full Story
Concerned Citizen

Idaho Falls, ID

#1 Sep 9, 2012
This is just another example of the Morman Fascest rule in the State of Idaho Trying to make every one confom to their views and manner of conduct. If investigated one would find les then 30% of students were survayed and the university hid their agenda from public and the main student view untl they were ready to impose this order. the ban on smoking information was released to the student body on Augest 27,2012 well after students had registard and started classes Not giving those students that oppose this type of fascist rule the choice of enrolling at another campus or voice their oppinions. My main concern is why would Idaho State University impose this type of order when there is more asbestes in the buildings on campus then allowed by law, when automoble exhaust has more poisen and carsinegens them tobacco smoke,and and the univeritys lack to respond to the accomadations of disabled student and their needs. Not to mention the importance of tobacco use in the Native American Religion and culture, if this ban on smoking tobacco is enforced the University should addopt a ban of all Religuose practices and culturaul practices, including the harrashing morman missionaries that claim that you dont know god unless you belong to their religion. In my vew this is just a other act of opression and discrimination on those that this religions members views as heathens and degenerates becuase they do not belong to or see any value in being a member of the Morman Maffia were they believe in letting their members perform unspeakable crimes against other human beings as long as they go to their ward and pay their ten percent.
CleanAir

Post Falls, ID

#2 Sep 10, 2012
Smoking should be banned in all public buildings. It's a health hazard for various reasons. If you want to smoke, go out into the prairie so you don't harm others. This is one of those rules that actually makes sense for the greater good. I won't comment on everything else, it just sounds like a rant on society.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hayden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho (Apr '09) 16 hr Cottinz Pickinz 339
divorce attorney Dec 16 sad 1
Device allows for smartphone eye exams Dec 11 Gerald Vonberger 1
Debate: Marijuana - Coeur d'Alene, ID (Sep '10) Dec 8 Mr. Jilly 46
IdahoPTV to Host Advance Screening of Downton A... Dec 2 kathea 1
Idaho City Backs Down In Dispute With Ministers... Oct '14 Gremlin 2
Hitching Post wedding chapel sues over gay marr... Oct '14 WeTheSheeple 68
Hayden Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hayden People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hayden News, Events & Info