Series of light earthquakes strikes i...

Series of light earthquakes strikes in Nevada

There are 3 comments on the KTVN Reno story from Apr 10, 2011, titled Series of light earthquakes strikes in Nevada. In it, KTVN Reno reports that:

A series of minor earthquakes have rattled a rural area near the California-Nevada border, but authorities say no immediate injuries or damages have been reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVN Reno.

Harrisonburg, VA

#1 Apr 11, 2011
I believe that area is part of North Americas Great Riff Valley.

#2 Apr 15, 2011
Time intervall of swarms, range of appearance, kind of ground material rspct. surface material, geological neighborhood and appearance of the profile of the surface make this events real frightening.

IMHO: have an eye on it and be prepared...

Payson, AZ

#3 Apr 18, 2011
if the hot spot that used to be under mammoth lakes and caused the long valley caldera has moved north it could get interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hawthorne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The El Capitan puts Hawthorne, Nevada on the map (Jun '10) Oct 1 hlehlers 8
Moving to Hawthorne Sep '15 Ctatum 1
marine barracks usnad hawthorne,nev. 1973-1975 (Dec '10) Jul '15 James Sparks 5
News Storm damage in Hawthorne, Nevada on June 5, 2015 Jun '15 poetnanny 1
News Teacher, poet Gloria Oberg dies at age 86 (Jul '11) Jun '15 Ciara Speace 4
Any Class 67 thru 73 Members (Feb '15) Feb '15 SV Football 32 1
News Dairy permit hearing draws crowd to SVS cafeteria (Feb '15) Feb '15 Bill and Helen Le... 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hawthorne Mortgages