Centinela bonds get last chance

Full story: Daily Breeze 26
In a last-ditch effort to place a $98 million bond measure on the November ballot, the embattled Centinela Valley Union High School District will hold a special board meeting on Thursday. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dan

Buena Park, CA

#1 Aug 6, 2008
I think the district should just throw in the towel. It is too hard to repair many years of financial mismanagement, and bad decisions that have plagued them to date. Lets talk about the multi-million dollar "White Elephant" on the Lawndale campus they have called a performing arts center, that has yet to open with many rumors floating around about the terrible construction, water damage and the fact it will never open. Then there is the over spending on the Cafeteria at Hawthorne High School that marvels a high-rise downtown corporate cafeteria. Is a cafeteria of this size truly necessary for a High School when plumbing leaks, Nyman hall is falling apart and the campus looks like a BFI trash dump? I should think that these two projects far exceeded the amount of deficit the district is faced with. I believe my point has been made without even mentioning Dr. Cheryl White and her Expenditures can the school board elaborate on why she was fired and her last year’s expenditure report?
D.
Hawthorne
one pissed off parent

Torrance, CA

#2 Aug 6, 2008
Another establishment run into the ground by a bunch of incompetent, unaccountable adults and now they are crying and asking the public to pay for their ignorance and ineptness!!!! Wow, unbelievable people, how do you sleep at night knowing that you have destroyed an entire school district and the lives/future of our kids?????
senior at lawndale high

Torrance, CA

#5 Aug 6, 2008
personally i think lawndale is one of the best schools in the district,
its not racist, i see the way teachers and other faculty treat everyone.
and although they do play some favoritism which is only human,
not one staff member at lawndale would i consider racist.
for any person that thinks otherwise is an irresposible student or person,
that deserves the treatment that they get.
ted who ever u are,
u are ignorant youself for blaming Mr. Bravo, Ms. Garcia, Robe or Alex
for anything but helping make our school better.
I Know The Truth

Sacramento, CA

#8 Aug 6, 2008
Everyone should have the opportunity to know the truth of the district financial situation. Jose Fernandez is a liar who always tends to sweet talk. He has employed his own people or so called personal friends. He fired all the good experianced people. He has hired his friends and in return he receives money (cash to trace) to joining him to CVUHSD, those people are getting paid more then the experianced long time employees. How is that saving money. FIDEL CASTRO LEFT LEADERSHIP IN CUBA AND IS NOW AT CENTINELA WITH A NEW NAME "JOSE FERNANDEZ". HIS ASPIRATIONS ARE POLITICS NOT EDUCATION!!!!!!!!!!
mividaloca Lennox CA

Anaheim, CA

#12 Aug 7, 2008
We need to give the interim Sup Fernandez a chance to make things right.We must remember all this CRAP did not take place under his watch.Can anyone tell me why the 2 Superintendents before Fernandez are not being held accountable for their WRONG DOING :-(
mividaloca Lennox CA

Anaheim, CA

#13 Aug 7, 2008
We need to give the interim Sup Fernandez a chance to make things right.We must remember all this CRAP did not take place under his watch.Can anyone tell me why the 2 Superintendents before Fernandez are not being held accountable for their WRONG DOING :-(
Hawthorne Homeowner

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Aug 7, 2008
I Know The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr Collins was asked to resign because he had a love relationship with the vice principal and the secretary of lawndalde high school. He was discovered not only having an affair with the secretary but also with the vice principal and Mr. Collins was married at the same time. His wife found out and went to the school and had an argument in campus infront of staff and students. He was then transferred for the remaining of the year to hawthorne high school.
Mr. Bravo is now the principal there at lawndale and his wife works at the district office she and they both are very ambitious and will kiss anyone's but to get were they want. They will stab anyone in their back to get what they desire.
You got the wrong player. The ex-principal was Gomeztrejo who was running around with the secretary and vice principal. He is now living happily w/ Garcia and working at Saddleback district.
hmmmmm

Torrance, CA

#17 Aug 7, 2008
TED wrote:
<quoted text>
I am NOT IGNORANT LIKE YOU. ROBE IS NO BETTER THAN MR. COLLINS. YEAH RIGHT DO YOU REMEMBER HIM SINCE YOU ARE A SO CALL LAWNDALE SENIOR. ROBE WAS DOING THE SAME THING MR. COLLINS WAS DOING & IT GOT SWEPT UNDER THE RUG. MR BRAVO DID NOT WANT ROBE THEIR BUT DR. CHERYL WHITE MADE HIM CHANGE HIS MIND. I WONDER WHY? MADE BECAUSE MR. BRAVO'S WIFE WORKS AT THE DISTRICT OFFICE. DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU MAKE COMMENTS. DO YOU & YOUR PARENTS GO TO THE PTSA MEETINGS? I DO.
wow, such anger and hostility AIMED AT A CHILD who is just adding their perspective on the situation. You are a sad excuse for a parent. Im sure you only go to the PTSA meetings to run your mouth to anyone who will listen.
Robe and Alex are very involved in our students lives, they hear and see a lot, because the kids trust them and talk to them. They are always front and center and have intervined in numerous situations before they got out of hand, because they CARE, not because they have some inappropriate interest in our kids. GROW UP!!!
hmmmmm

Torrance, CA

#18 Aug 7, 2008
Hawthorne Homeowner wrote:
<quoted text>
You got the wrong player. The ex-principal was Gomeztrejo who was running around with the secretary and vice principal. He is now living happily w/ Garcia and working at Saddleback district.
Thank you for enlightening us...These peole really should not spew their BS on this post, especially WHEN THEY DO NOT EVEN HAVE THE CORRECT INFO or even the RIGHT PEOPLE involved!!!
keep your man far from CV

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Aug 7, 2008
Well, it seems to me that there is a whole lot of hanky panky going on. I was only aware of the fact that Lawndale's AP Jennifer Garcia had been sleeping with Principal Gomez-Trejo which is why he was transfered to Hawthorne HS. I think the one they should of gotten rid of is Garcia, apparently she's the hoe here since she's at it again with yet another married man. Hint: He's a midget. but hey, whatever works for her. i say BRAVO to her for getting hers. Monica Lewinsky has nothing on her.
ya right

Torrance, CA

#20 Aug 7, 2008
keep your man far from CV wrote:
Well, it seems to me that there is a whole lot of hanky panky going on. I was only aware of the fact that Lawndale's AP Jennifer Garcia had been sleeping with Principal Gomez-Trejo which is why he was transfered to Hawthorne HS. I think the one they should of gotten rid of is Garcia, apparently she's the **** here since she's at it again with yet another married man. Hint: He's a midget. but hey, whatever works for her. i say BRAVO to her for getting hers. Monica Lewinsky has nothing on her.
Pleassse spew your BS somewhere else, this is not a gossip column for a soap opera plot......Garcia's personal life has NOTHING to do with her job as a Assoc. Principal!!! It takes 2 to tango so dont blame her for an affair with a lying cheating married man!!! HE'S the married one NOT HER!!!
hmmmm

Torrance, CA

#21 Aug 7, 2008
we are so off topic of the purpose for this post which was the bond measure proposal to all of us tax paying citizens that the district wants us to foot the bill for their incompetence!!!!
All this BS spewing about whos doing who and inappropriate behavior on the part of our security guards IS NOT GOING TO SAVE OUR SCHOOLS!!! GROW UP PEOPLE!!!
Hawthorne Homeowner

Los Angeles, CA

#22 Aug 7, 2008
mividaloca Lennox CA wrote:
We need to give the interim Sup Fernandez a chance to make things right.We must remember all this CRAP did not take place under his watch.Can anyone tell me why the 2 Superintendents before Fernandez are not being held accountable for their WRONG DOING :-(
I can understand why you go by "mi vida loca" emphasis on the "LOCA" because you are CRAZY!!! Fernandez doesn't need a chance, he needs to get out. He is backdoor dealing and getting his share of CV before the district goes under. Check yourself into an asylum for the Crazies.
ya right

Torrance, CA

#23 Aug 7, 2008
Hawthorne Homeowner wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand why you go by "mi vida loca" emphasis on the "LOCA" because you are CRAZY!!! Fernandez doesn't need a chance, he needs to get out. He is backdoor dealing and getting his share of CV before the district goes under. Check yourself into an asylum for the Crazies.
AMEN TO THAT!!!
ya right

Torrance, CA

#24 Aug 8, 2008
WOW....THE MUD SLINGING ACTUALLY STOPPED....AMAZING!!!
ya right

Torrance, CA

#25 Aug 8, 2008
TED wrote:
<quoted text>
I am NOT IGNORANT LIKE YOU. ROBE IS NO BETTER THAN MR. COLLINS. YEAH RIGHT DO YOU REMEMBER HIM SINCE YOU ARE A SO CALL LAWNDALE SENIOR. ROBE WAS DOING THE SAME THING MR. COLLINS WAS DOING & IT GOT SWEPT UNDER THE RUG. MR BRAVO DID NOT WANT ROBE THEIR BUT DR. CHERYL WHITE MADE HIM CHANGE HIS MIND. I WONDER WHY? MADE BECAUSE MR. BRAVO'S WIFE WORKS AT THE DISTRICT OFFICE. DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU MAKE COMMENTS. DO YOU & YOUR PARENTS GO TO THE PTSA MEETINGS? I DO.
It looks like you need to go back to school and do your Language Arts HOMEWORK.....Nice spelling in all your posts...LOL
ya right

Torrance, CA

#26 Aug 8, 2008
TED wrote:
One good thing they got rid of worthless DR. CHERYL WHITE. Now they need to get rid of Mr. Bravo, Principal & Ms. Garcia Asst Principal at Lawndale H.S. Both are worthless & BACK STABBERS. Head Security Gurad Robe needs too go & his lazy side-kick ALEX (THE FLUNKIE & LIAR). Lawndale is VERY RACIST. If you know what I know go to HAWTHORNE H.S. DOWN WITH THE LAWNDALE CARDINALS. They do not care about brown or black students.
The ENTIRE school is nothing but brown/black, INCLUDING most of the teachers and staff, so you are implying that the teachers and staff are racist against their own kind??? You are a moron!!!
Concern Citizen

Stanton, CA

#27 Aug 8, 2008
All of the individuals posting comments certainly have passion for kids and the educational system. It is sad to see so many of us getting so personal here... but at the same time how can you not? With all that goes one, one can only let it all out and voice concerns and frustration. All discussion is good, even healthy, but we need to try not to get too personal. I am not taken one side or the other, but I certainly don't approved of many things or even people, some who were mentioned in this blob. We have to work together and pay close attention to what educators, administrators and board members are doing. God knows that some of them are not doing or living up to the oath they took, and that, to serve and protect our youth and make this a better community for those of us that may live here, work here and have kids here.
disgusted parent

Torrance, CA

#28 Aug 8, 2008
Concern Citizen wrote:
All of the individuals posting comments certainly have passion for kids and the educational system. It is sad to see so many of us getting so personal here... but at the same time how can you not? With all that goes one, one can only let it all out and voice concerns and frustration. All discussion is good, even healthy, but we need to try not to get too personal. I am not taken one side or the other, but I certainly don't approved of many things or even people, some who were mentioned in this blob. We have to work together and pay close attention to what educators, administrators and board members are doing. God knows that some of them are not doing or living up to the oath they took, and that, to serve and protect our youth and make this a better community for those of us that may live here, work here and have kids here.
You are absolutely correct!!
Bottom line, this is about our kids and their future that we have intrusted to adults that are not doing a very good job at all!!
Tired Taxpayer

La Mirada, CA

#29 Aug 11, 2008
Well here we go again with CV coming back for more money! Sad but true, the first $10 to $17 million of this propesed bond will go to just clean up and finish up the existing uneeded and cost over run projects, etc. the Performing Arts Center. Please don't throw more good money after bad by supporting this disfunctional and out of control school district. Some people just don't know when to cut their loses and call it quits. Nothing like triple taxing the good people of Hawthorne, Lawndale & Lennox for a system that can never recover. Stop the bleeding, disband the entire CVUHSD.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hawthorne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
D-Day of the B-Horror Movies 46 min fullmoonrushing 2
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Slick 19,233
Hermosa Beach California Parking Ticket Scams (Oct '10) 2 hr Donna 9
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr basic 200,980
APNewsBreak: 'Easy Rider' bike going to auction 3 hr kjghvkhg 8
Has Gaga Lost the Gays? 4 hr Big mike 22
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 6 hr surfboards 7,957
•••

Hawthorne News Video

•••
•••

Hawthorne Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hawthorne People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hawthorne News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hawthorne
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••