Woman, child struck by truck in Hawthorne

Oct 9, 2009 Read more: Daily Breeze 7
A mother and her 2-year-old child were critically injured Friday when they were hit by a truck as they were walking in a crosswalk on a Hawthorne street, police said. Read more
pedestrian

Fairfield, CA

#1 Oct 10, 2009
that street is so far to cross,,,,and there are camaras... so i think that all the drivers drive a high speed to not get a ticket for the camaras. so i just think that both have fault. cause i that day i was crossing the street with my children like 30 minutes before that happened. and to cross that street you have to see all the sides and you have to run to cross that street. also not because you see any signal to walk you have to walk ... firts see until the car the one have to make a right turn HAVE TO STOP AND then you can go.
what

United States

#2 Oct 10, 2009
What kind of truck, semi-truck or pick up truck?
maria

Granada Hills, CA

#4 Oct 10, 2009
thats sad, and its a tragic story so the nationality is suppose to change things, what a moron
Kim

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Oct 12, 2009
Is there any update on thier condition?
Kim

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Oct 12, 2009
Is there any update on their condition....I saw them immediately after they were struck, and mom didn't look good at all :(
ken

Van Nuys, CA

#8 Oct 15, 2009
There are cameras there for people who run red lights. If Hawthorne P.D. does their job correctly they will view the cameras and make justice for the mother and son who are critically injured unless the cameras function differently. Drivers must not be on a rush and look for pedestrians.Pedestrians have the right of way no matter what according to the DMV booklets. The driver was most likely distracted and responsible for the accident. That intersection where she crossed is huge and it has cameras on 4 corners, he must of look.The man is guilty because he did not look.
ken

Van Nuys, CA

#9 Oct 15, 2009
As for the mother and the child wish them the best. Sometimes as a pedestrian you do scan your eyes but it varies at what velocity the driver was coming, if you cross and don't see any drivers and the driver is coming at a high speed subject cant predict it. Beside according to the DMV pedestrians have the right of way not matter what and the DRIVER MUST SCAN THEIR EYES AT ALL TIMES is the drivers priority to look out for pedastrians or anything that could jeoprdize their life or the life of others while in a vehicle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hawthorne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr health 19,833
No Tests No Homework No classroom in the War on... 7 hr Culture Auditor 1
News Inglewood man arrested in fatal Palms shooting 16 hr LFF 1
News Kanye West pleads no contest in battery case (Mar '14) 18 hr fartbox 7
News Pacific Hospital of Long Beach sued over Sen. R... 19 hr Daniel Beker 1
News Iggy Azalea's shopping excursion in Ferrari tur... 20 hr Bobby T Canada 6
Hawthorne Music Thread (Oct '12) Sat Musikologist 16
More from around the web

Hawthorne People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]