Residents evacuated, schools closed a...

Residents evacuated, schools closed as tire fire continue to burn in Hawkins

There are 1 comment on the News-journal.com story from May 26, 2009, titled Residents evacuated, schools closed as tire fire continue to burn in Hawkins. In it, News-journal.com reports that:

Toxic smoke from a massive tire fire has caused Hawkins officials to evacuate residents and close schools.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News-journal.com.

Deaf Silence Blue

AOL

#1 May 26, 2009
We are a Deaf family living in Hawkins.
We are surprised about this because we didn't know! We received email from UT, Tyler people and asked us if this is true about the fire and learned that its toxic today!

Our eyes was wide open....WHAT!!!!

Our questions is... Who are we suppose to talk to about this to be prepare for Emergency in near future? We do have a young child to think of. How does this town do thier evulations process for their people with disabilties residents? I am curious. Please let us know. Thanks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hawkins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
James Kevin Mayberry (Sep '12) Nov 27 in the loop 8
Local Politics Do you approve of R.D. Buck Cross as Mayor? (Oct '11) Nov 21 Willie Granville 4
John Deere bug (Jul '12) Nov 17 Brian 2
Cheating (May '13) Nov 15 jdw 9
What's life like in Lindale, TX? (Sep '07) Nov 14 SorryNotSorry 10
Kelly Wilson (Feb '08) Oct '16 Spacecase82 149
Wierd things in gilmer Texas Sep '16 Teripedofilerule 5

Hawkins Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hawkins Mortgages