ALTERNATE elite senior trip?

Posted in the Hawarden Forum

DISGUSTED

Hawarden, IA

#1 Oct 30, 2012
So apparently a very well off family from Ireton is planning to take an "elite" group of seniors to Mexico because they are not allowed to go on the reg. school sponsored senior trip because of the trouble they have gotten into...?? what kind of lesson is it that are learning from that?? Oh and did I mention that the well of family also has a member on the SCHOOL BOARD?? I personally think this is wrong for SO MANY reasons!! I guess if you are rich and no one likes your greasy haired daughter, you just buy her some friends like you have done all her life. wow. such crap.
bad eyesight

Hawarden, IA

#2 Oct 31, 2012
This is not only sad and tragic...it's typical. There are some kids who are trying desperately to raise money to go on the "regular" senior trip they can't afford. How in the world do you reward kids for doing wrong?? I guess some people will never learn...and neither will their kids.
Crackn

Hawarden, IA

#3 Oct 31, 2012
Thats how you beat the system you make changes and adjust to the events that have arose ,ya suppose.
I am sure are strict prince will come up with a amazing idea like taking are phone's away for punishment or be arrested .
Mystified

Hawarden, IA

#4 Oct 31, 2012
Well someone need to do something about the kids these days. Most of them are rude and disrespectful and somehow feel like the world owes them everything. Grow up and sear what you get. Nobody owes you a damn thing except to give you the chance to prove yourself to the world. Mommy and Daddy will not be able to bail you out forever. Enuff said!!!!
GetYourFacts

Rock Valley, IA

#5 Oct 31, 2012
1. I'd like to point out that the family is not planning the trip one bit, it's the kids who are going that are figuring it all out on their own. 2. Kids going on the school sponsored senior trip were offerred to make money for their trip from this so called well off family. 3. I understand that yes, this alternate trip may seem like getting out of punishment, but it's the kids choice to do what they want. There was never any rule stating that you're banned from going somewhere else just because you got kicked off the senior trip. 4. The "greasy haired" daughter getting friends bought for her? What is your maturity level when you're targeting a high schooler?
bad eyesight

Hawarden, IA

#6 Nov 1, 2012
I guess this whole situation has rubbed people the wrong way from it's beginning. It's true that you can't punish kids "forever", but the first step to better days is to admit you did something wrong. I haven't seen that happen on this site yet. All I see is "get over it", "We got away wth it", "Gonna go on a trip to mexico, so to hell with the senior trip", and so on. Yes.. kids have the choice to do what they want, but they need help from parents to make the right ones.
maturity check

Hawarden, IA

#7 Nov 1, 2012
Okay i would first like to point out the fact that there is no "Elite" trip going to Mexico. The trip is a group of friends that got together and want to go on a fun trip. Some of the kids planning to go didn't get in trouble and never have. This is a trip for a bunch of great kids who are all very looked up to in the school and are all leaders. This trip was planned by the high schoolers and the fundraising is being done by them. Second of all, i hope that "DISGUSTED" is a high schooler due to the fact that if you're an adult that has the time to sit on their computer making fun of a teenager, you certainly haven't accomplished much at all in life. These kids have admitted what they have done was wrong and have paid the price and suffered the consequences.
Vlotho

Hawarden, IA

#8 Nov 1, 2012
bad eyesight, hi im logan vlotho and im admitting ive done wrong. but all u damn parents need to get over all of this. u blow all this shit up and out of proportion. and yes we do need our parents to help us with the right choices and they have all said we can do what we want for our trip. so get over it and leave us highschoolers alone. some people just cant stay away from drama damn.
DONT MATTER

Hawarden, IA

#9 Nov 1, 2012
people just need to grow up like for real u just need to shut up and stop judging high schoolers.... there gonna do what they want
Anonymous

Hawarden, IA

#10 Nov 1, 2012
hey, I'm kembe and i went to jail and i honestly don't really care.... i thought it was a great experience!!! but all parents need to shut the hell up or come say it to our face, grow up and don't get so pissed off just cause us kids at the age of 18 are better off then you at the age of 30 or whatever, just cause you never had to chance to go to mexico and think everything is handed to us when we are all paying for it ourself
good eyesight

Hawarden, IA

#11 Nov 1, 2012
Bad eyesight and disgusted are cowards and can't say anything to the faces of the people they are talking about on this website, come on, if u have a problem with the people that are going on the mexico trip then take it up with them because I'm sure any of them will tell u what they think of you straight to your face... and which both of u are probably parents that have worthless lives to be able to comment on this stuff and are upset because your child wasn't invited. plus these kids have and will work there asses off to raise the money themselves
DISGUSTED

Hawarden, IA

#12 Nov 1, 2012
Kembe Kooi and Logan Vlotho...you 2 are both the WORST examples to go through WS. If you are proud of going tojail, then apparently you don't think. Vlotho..you probably could have gotten a football scholarship but instead you chose to piss it down your leg to party. Good luck in real life..your gonna need it...as far as my kid not getting invited...I would hope none of my kids would since they are MUCH younger and hopefully actually look up to kids WORTH looking up to...not ones that are popular with the party crowd.
SuckADick

Missouri Valley, IA

#13 Nov 1, 2012
Hi there, as a third party in this matter I would like to say that first off Distgusted, grow up. Your hubby must not be doing too great a job as a coach with two wins this season. And worse in others seasons. Second Logan Vlotho and Kembe Kooi are normal kids who make mistakes just like a normal human beings. If you wanna bash them for it you should say it to their face and also look at yourself. Next you are what? 40 and on a website bashing 18 year olds so maybe you need to grow up. Crazy how things aren't so good on your side when you step back and look at yourself.
bad eyesight

Hawarden, IA

#14 Nov 2, 2012
Wow..Things get ugly don't they? First..I would NEVER attack or degrade anyone personally on this site. Mr. Vloto, I do believe you have regretted your actions, and I applaud you for it. Kembe..I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to jail. With that attitude, I hope you don't make the "return trip". Look... I couldn't care less about kids going to mexico. Have a great time. Ive made opinions on this site in order to see values in the others who comment. Some good...Some bad. Getting nasty and telling someone to "say it to their face" is childish in itself.
Vlotho

Sibley, IA

#15 Nov 2, 2012
who ever disgusted is u better hope i dont find you. i dont give a fuck if ur 80 years old shit will go down. you dont see me using a god damn hidden name. grow up and be a man and say this shit to me. second of all get your fucken facts strait u dont know my likfe im still getting plenty of offers to schools. and third i dont give ahell what u parents on here think of us kids b.c u guys either did the same stuff as we do or just dont have anylives that ur on here. the kids have never changed since ur childhood only the law has. so shut ur damn mouth and get over it.
Maybe So

Hawarden, IA

#16 Nov 2, 2012
Or maybe he just had kids like you to deal with. I'm sure it has to be just a touch frustrating not knowing if half his team was going to be eligible from week to week. There are many times were blame can be layed upon the coach but I'm not sure this year was one of them. Just my opinion. As John Wooden said, "Sports don't build character they reveal it." I think many players had their true character revealed this year.
SuckADick wrote:
Hi there, as a third party in this matter I would like to say that first off Distgusted, grow up. Your hubby must not be doing too great a job as a coach with two wins this season. And worse in others seasons. Second Logan Vlotho and Kembe Kooi are normal kids who make mistakes just like a normal human beings. If you wanna bash them for it you should say it to their face and also look at yourself. Next you are what? 40 and on a website bashing 18 year olds so maybe you need to grow up. Crazy how things aren't so good on your side when you step back and look at yourself.
Reality Check

Elba, NE

#17 Nov 4, 2012
Really?..Come on!, All this bringing the coach into things?, Leave him out of it, He has nothing to do with the Mexico trip, and Neither does anyone else who rejects the fact of some kids going. The only people who should be worried about going to Mexico is the kids who want to go and the fact that All of them have their parents consent to go. It's not a big deal, it would definitely be an opportunity I would not pass up on if i had the chance to go. No sense of getting worked up. Shout out to Parents on here..As the fact i am one myself. Your kids are "Your Kids" and will make decisions right or wrong, either way it goes you learn from it. Don't shun the students and pin point students out. Mr. Vlotho is a very well know athlete and is looked up to, and what he has done has nothing to deal with anyone else but himself. This Kembe character..I don't know him but I'm sure he is as well. Most kids of this generation have raised themselves given some of the adults are at the Bars more then they maybe should, which is fine also. That is "My" Opinion and I'm sure others Agree.
This will never change

Farmington, MI

#18 Nov 5, 2012
I love this.. This Just proves my point. That my kids will never go to west sioux.
Its drama like this that isnt needed we pay for our kids to learn and grow into the adults we want them to be. not get pulled into Those selfish people that walk all over people to get higher and rub it in there face. west sioux is full of stuck up im bettter then you people including teathers that its no wonder theres drama.
Vlotho

Sibley, IA

#19 Nov 7, 2012
thank you very much for understanding reality check!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hawarden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ACS Internet Problems? (Sep '11) Sun levitiquetus 10
perv on city payroll Apr 18 Fat Pig 9
katie anderson Apr 5 Some People 2
Amy Barnes (Oct '13) Apr 5 Back To Life 7
bobbie sue davis (Mar '13) Mar '15 bite me 11
did u ever notice? Feb '15 wingding 4
top swingers in town Feb '15 Tyrion Lanister 11
More from around the web

Hawarden People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE