Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#16046 Jul 19, 2012
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of the Rich paying more may be the middle class should pay less. No one should pay more then 10 percent of their income. Take away the govenment authority to tax any more and make them live with in their means.
Obama has cut taxes for the middle class.
It is not as if Obama wants the rich to pay more, he just does not want to keep the cuts Bush wrongly gave them. Bush cut to much for the rich.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#16047 Jul 19, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Little "g", Mike, little "g".
Boy, it certainly is hard to give you any common sense.
Oh, Jesus wrote it with a little G? I thought he never wrote a word. And what exactly is the difference anyway?
And did I claim to be big G?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#16049 Jul 19, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Man I am sorry you have no wealth or legacy to leave to your next of kin. I really am.
Your wealth management or legacy management is not my problem. It is your responsibilities and that responsibility should not be a burden for the rest of soceity to bear.
Thank you for your service protecting our freedom, including yours, but our military is all voluntary. Which means, unless you were drafted, you consciously signed your name.
Our greatest privledge as citizens of America is freedom of choice.
Legacies are not about money. Is money all you think about? I do not recall ones inheritance being called a legacy.
My son will not be handed a trust fund, well except some life insurance. He works for his own money now. He is a grown up.
Are you a trust fund kid like Mitt?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#16051 Jul 19, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
"Bacon's brother is disabled. I guess you think he is not trying to help himself enough?
If you do not help others, they will not help you when you need it."
I had no clue her brother was disabled. But I feel quite certain he is not expecting a hand out either.
I have no problem not taking help from you Mike. I did it on my own before, so I can do it again.
Well according to Bacon, he needs one. She is pretty upset he is not getting one. He lives with his father and thus his income is considered. So the guy gets no help with his medical bills, which are really high.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#16052 Jul 19, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
"Bacon's brother is disabled. I guess you think he is not trying to help himself enough?
If you do not help others, they will not help you when you need it."
I had no clue her brother was disabled. But I feel quite certain he is not expecting a hand out either.
I have no problem not taking help from you Mike. I did it on my own before, so I can do it again.
What if you got in an accident or got ill? You cannot predict you will never need help.
But again, this is not all about you, it is what America has decided. America wants to help others so when or if they need it, others will help. It is reciprocation. It is only natural. Many species work on this principle.
Some consider it the base of morality.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#16053 Jul 19, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
But it wasn't just children working in horrbile conditions Mike.
Correct, then government went to bat for them and made corporations treat people like humans. I know you hate such regulations. It makes you less rich.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#16054 Jul 19, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well according to Bacon, he needs one. She is pretty upset he is not getting one. He lives with his father and thus his income is considered. So the guy gets no help with his medical bills, which are really high.
Mike, thank you so much for your disengneuous act of caring, but my brother's bills are paid and without help from anyone. He also has made the choice to only receive maintenance care for the remainder of his life. There's no cure for CP or strokes and all this unnecessary medical treatment to tell him this is a waste of money. Sure, he always need help, but that's what family is for. Now only if we could get people who can work but won't off public assistance it would be great. For the life of me, I will never understand how people sit on their lazy butts, have children as a form of income and people like you think I ought to feel like it's my obligation to pay for their irresponsible lifestyle and feel good about it. Let me add, I'm not talking about people that have hit a rough patch due to the economy or some unforeseen problem they've encountered and need help until they get on their feet. It's the people that only get on their feet to do anything but work to support their family is the problem I have.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#16055 Jul 19, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, if you want a debate, then you back up your initial claim with stats and I'll see what I can do as a rebuttal. If it's specifics you want, you provide your specifics and I know it may take some time and I'll try to back up my rebuttal and that will take time.
http://thesocietypages.org/soc images/2009/12/03/child-labor- in-america-1908-1912/
Here is some pictures of things you do not see in America today. It is a start.
I am sorry you did not study history in America before. Maybe if you learned some history, you would not be so adamant about repeating it.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#16056 Jul 19, 2012
You don't , so brag to someone who is impressed with your pos self.
james farmer wrote:
Oh really I could own you. TSF

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#16057 Jul 19, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text> http://thesocietypages.org/socimages/2009/12/...
Here is some pictures of things you do not see in America today. It is a start.
I am sorry you did not study history in America before. Maybe if you learned some history, you would not be so adamant about repeating it.
Your site won't open.

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#16058 Jul 19, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Obama has cut taxes for the middle class.
It is not as if Obama wants the rich to pay more, he just does not want to keep the cuts Bush wrongly gave them. Bush cut to much for the rich.
Obama had cut taxes for the middle class?

Are you kidding me.

Read the link from Forbes.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012...
Illuminati

Clover, SC

#16059 Jul 19, 2012
TSF wrote:
What got us into this mess? More Tax breaks to the rich.
So , what is the republican solution? Just one guess,
FOOL! You can not back up that assertion with facts that will stand up to scutiny. I blame the Republicans for not standing up against the socialist policies of the Democrats that realy got us into this mess.
Illuminati

Clover, SC

#16060 Jul 19, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't really expect to get an honest answer from these hypocrites, do you? Have they ever given you one in the past? Truth is too egotistical and a qualified pseudo-intellectual, Bacon cannot comprehend a simple question, and Silver is firmly planted on his side of the street and can't hear you. Taxpr is heavily armed and hiding in his bomb shelter from the missles launched from Cuba.
DISHONEST SOCIALIST PROPAGANDIST heard from again.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#16061 Jul 19, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text> http://thesocietypages.org/socimages/2009/12/...
Here is some pictures of things you do not see in America today. It is a start.
I am sorry you did not study history in America before. Maybe if you learned some history, you would not be so adamant about repeating it.
Got her open and had a response and I was trying to provide a site and lost my whole post. I'll get back in a little.
The Truth

Knoxville, TN

#16062 Jul 19, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think calling my great grandson a bastard is personal?
Only if it is not true.
The Truth

Knoxville, TN

#16063 Jul 19, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, Jesus wrote it with a little G? I thought he never wrote a word. And what exactly is the difference anyway?
And did I claim to be big G?
Do you not even remember John 8:6-11?

Do you seriously expect any of us to believe you were ever a Christian if you do not even remember the simplest of verses.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#16064 Jul 19, 2012
The fact is that in 2000 we had a deficit surplus and the national debt was declining. Along comes tax breaks for the rich during the Dubya reign and 7 years later we were OVER $10 trillion dollars in debt. The "Bush" tax cuts became the Obama tax cuts and now we are $14.6 trillion dollars in debt(over 1 trillion per year to preserve the tax cuts for the rich).Even Bush 1 noted that tax breaks for the rich was "voodoo economics" when poor old Regan became convinced that tax revenue could be increased with tax cuts. After 32 years of declining national debt as a percentage of GDP, Regan's folly resulted in an astronomical increase in debt as a result of DECLINING tax revenue. During the Clinton era, taxes were increased back to almost previous levels and the work first program trimmed the human services budget. So each time the republicans got their tax cuts, the deficit soared and the economy crashed. Perhaps you are old enough to remember the slogan "its the economy stupid"
If you cannot see the correlation, you are blind.
Only an idiot would think we can address the deficit, let alone the debt, by outsourcing American jobs, raiding US corporate assets, investing overseas, putting money in Swiss bank accounts and giving more tax breaks to the rich. Those are the tactics that got us into this mess and you want to return to more of the same? Socialism is right, Socialism for the rich.
Illuminati wrote:
<quoted text>FOOL! You can not back up that assertion with facts that will stand up to scutiny. I blame the Republicans for not standing up against the socialist policies of the Democrats that realy got us into this mess.

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#16065 Jul 19, 2012
Socialism for the Rich.Never heard it put that way before.

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#16066 Jul 19, 2012
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>The fact is that in 2000 we had a deficit surplus and the national debt was declining. Along comes tax breaks for the rich during the Dubya reign and 7 years later we were OVER $10 trillion dollars in debt. The "Bush" tax cuts became the Obama tax cuts and now we are $14.6 trillion dollars in debt(over 1 trillion per year to preserve the tax cuts for the rich).Even Bush 1 noted that tax breaks for the rich was "voodoo economics" when poor old Regan became convinced that tax revenue could be increased with tax cuts. After 32 years of declining national debt as a percentage of GDP, Regan's folly resulted in an astronomical increase in debt as a result of DECLINING tax revenue. During the Clinton era, taxes were increased back to almost previous levels and the work first program trimmed the human services budget. So each time the republicans got their tax cuts, the deficit soared and the economy crashed. Perhaps you are old enough to remember the slogan "its the economy stupid"
If you cannot see the correlation, you are blind.
Only an idiot would think we can address the deficit, let alone the debt, by outsourcing American jobs, raiding US corporate assets, investing overseas, putting money in Swiss bank accounts and giving more tax breaks to the rich. Those are the tactics that got us into this mess and you want to return to more of the same? Socialism is right, Socialism for the rich.
There has not been a surplus in over 100 years. That's a lie!

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#16067 Jul 19, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Legacies are not about money. Is money all you think about? I do not recall ones inheritance being called a legacy.
My son will not be handed a trust fund, well except some life insurance. He works for his own money now. He is a grown up.
Are you a trust fund kid like Mitt?
Legacies are not about money? Ever heard of the Kennedys? How do you think they got into politics to begin with?

It is always about the money. And anyone who says it is not, doesn't have any. Money pays the bills thus making life easier.

I am sorry you did not manage your wealth and legacy but don't piss up my back and tell me it is not raining. I was a firemen for over 20 years. As an adult, I earned my bachlors and masters in accounting, thus enabling me to sit for the CPA licensing exam once I graduated. I was fortunate to get hired in a great firm and the partners utilize my skill set to the fullest. And because I am very good at what I do, I earn a modest wage. I am fortunate that my education enables me to manage my wealth better than most.

Guess what, there are companies out there, in the real world, that can help you do the same, for a fee.

I am sorry you have no legacy to leave your child, but that is not my problem and it is certainly not soceity's problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haw River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Amy Cheek Adams (Nov '08) Jun '15 Rob Selfors 12
Review: Lamb's Chapel (Feb '09) Jun '15 Rob Selfors 21
Lamb's Chapel *updated review* (Feb '15) Feb '15 TRUTH 1
News North Carolina's last liberal (Oct '14) Oct '14 Spotted Girl 1
car accident in Haw River on 6/7/2014 (Jun '14) Jun '14 lisa montes 1
News Burlington spill dumps 3.5m gallons of sewage i... (Feb '14) May '14 nc transplant ny 2
Election Who do you support for District Court Judge in ... (Oct '10) Apr '14 Alamance Co citizen 11

Haw River Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Haw River Mortgages