AARP: Thousands go hungry

AARP: Thousands go hungry

There are 9 comments on the The Billings Outpost story from Dec 3, 2009, titled AARP: Thousands go hungry. In it, The Billings Outpost reports that:

Montana is urging older Montanans and those who care for them to take advantage of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefit , which can help put food on the table during tough economic times.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Billings Outpost.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#1 Dec 6, 2009
I can't figure out how AARP makes money on this, but it's there, somewhere.
Retired

Cheyenne, WY

#2 Dec 9, 2009
No doubt the ObamaAARP is serving food that would normally have been thrown out. LOL
pface

Larchmont, NY

#3 Dec 9, 2009
when seniors medicare is cut, more will go hungry
Mother Teresa

Las Vegas, NV

#4 Dec 27, 2009
Or did that go back to Hungary?
Mother Teresa

Las Vegas, NV

#5 Dec 27, 2009
Are there any Buffalo in Montana?????
Conservative

Commerce, GA

#6 Dec 29, 2009
Mother Teresa wrote:
Are there any Buffalo in Montana?????
Ask Ted Turner. He's got billion acre ranch out there somewhere. With lots of bison. I think that's where he gets his bison for his Montanna Grill.
Conservative

Commerce, GA

#7 Dec 29, 2009
The AARP and the gov't are holding hands on this. The best thing to do if you're on AARP would be to go on a group that provides for itself. I heard about one on the radio yesterday and I apologize but I can't remember the name. Basically they created their own plan because they couldn't find one with the benefits they wanted. WITHOUT ANY GOV'T CONTROL!If I hear it again I'll post the name.
who cares

Miami, FL

#8 Dec 30, 2009
Conservative wrote:
The AARP and the gov't are holding hands on this. The best thing to do if you're on AARP would be to go on a group that provides for itself. I heard about one on the radio yesterday and I apologize but I can't remember the name. Basically they created their own plan because they couldn't find one with the benefits they wanted. WITHOUT ANY GOV'T CONTROL!If I hear it again I'll post the name.
Surely there are some AARP alternatives out there. They're all the same though. They want those dues.
Exactly

United States

#9 Dec 30, 2009
Interesting? I received MORE junk mail recently about auto insurance from The Hartford, however, the return envelope which I burned was to be returned to AARP, PO BOX ########, Lexington, KY. Apparently AARP keeps track so they receive all of their kickbacks? If I do business with an insurance company the mail or phone call is to the company, not an organization such as AARP.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Havre Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
is there any airsoft fields near havre Sep '16 brownbry 1
News A big dig with plenty unknown Jun '16 same Cross Americas 1
Moving to Havre from Utah (Nov '15) Nov '15 zane6716 1
Headed ur way soon (Jan '15) Jan '15 Unsure 1
Girls (Jul '14) Jul '14 AirForceJoe 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Montana (D... (Oct '10) Apr '13 Guydude 66
Debate: Immigrants & K-12 - Havre, MT (Dec '11) Dec '12 Jeanne Ritchie 2

Havre Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Havre Mortgages