Rachel Parrett resignation from Wayne Trace

Posted in the Haviland Forum

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
puzzled

Matteson, IL

#1 Jul 28, 2012
Does anyone know why she resigned? I heard that she was going to be fired for inappropriate behavior with a student. I guess that resigning seems less damaging than being fired by the school.
Fight for what is right

Hudson, OH

#3 Aug 1, 2012
Disgusted-

Do you even know Rachel Parrett as a person? If you did you would know that there is no way that this could be true and that the student involved denies it. Her mom is the one that is causing all of this. She is one of the nicest people I know and a great teacher.You are just a fool you who is choosing to believe all the small town gossip. This person would so anything for anybody and a positive role model, take it from someone who she has helped. Do not go posting all of these heinous allegations about this person that you do not even know!
judging

Mooresville, NC

#4 Aug 1, 2012
You know it is amazing how people are so quick to judge before they know the facts and the whole story. That's what is wrong with this country. There is nly one person who allowed to judge and He is not here on earth. Coming from someone who has been inspired by Rachel to do the right thing and be a better person knows all of this is hearsay. She guided me in high school. She helped me become a better person because that is her nature. She doesn't think twice about helping someone in need because that is her personality. How do you figure she ruined the lives of the stuent and her family when indeed Rachel's life is ruined. The student's mother was the one who started all of this. Any teacher who cares about the well being of their students would do the same thing Rachel did and not think twice about it. That is what being a teacher is all about helping your students achieve a better life. I am honored to have had Rachel as my teacher. Because of her dedication to her students and positive outlook on life, she inspired me to become a teacher and I hope I can be half as good as what she is.
Question

Des Plaines, IL

#5 Aug 1, 2012
Then why did she resign? Why didn't she fight?
judging

Farmington, MI

#6 Aug 1, 2012
Question wrote:
Then why did she resign? Why didn't she fight?
The school board wanted her to resign bc they didn't want to fire her. She told them she wasn't going to resign so the school board then had to make the decision to let her go. That's when she resigned. Honeslty I don't think she had the chance to fight. It is a disappointing thing to see a great teacher who did great things for the school leave bc she had no other choice.
Fight for what is right

Hudson, OH

#7 Aug 1, 2012
Charges have not even been formally made. There is just an investigation. They never gave her a chance!
Hmm

Matteson, IL

#10 Aug 2, 2012
If she's done nothing wrong, if she's not crossed any lines...then why would they ask her to resign? Why would she just lie down and not fight the allegations? If that were ME, if I were a teacher being accused of an inappropriate relationship with a student I would FIGHT with ever fiber of my being to prove that it was false. Clearly there's some reason, some evidence proving that she's gone too far. Otherwise, she AND the school board AND teachers union would be fighting this to maintain their reputations. So come on Rachel, prove everyone wrong...we'll wait here...
Hmm

Matteson, IL

#11 Aug 2, 2012
cut the cord wrote:
Attention Fight for What is Right and Everyone Else:
Yes, I do know both parties involved. I have known Rachel for 18 years...and I'm a teacher. I DO believe the allegations. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!! When is the last time you've seen a school get rid of a teacher?! It is so hard because of the unions. There is hard evidence in this case. Think about what this is doing to the student's family...get real about the mother creating all of this. She has better things to do with her time!
Seems to me, the mother is protecting her daughter. Shame on the teacher.
judging

Mooresville, NC

#12 Aug 2, 2012
Considering the mother was encouraging her daughter to talk to Rachel then all of a sudden flips the tables and starts pressing charges? Seems a little skeptical to me. That a mother wants hers daughter to talk to a teacher about problems then presses charges. I have seen the evidence too and she was only being there for her student. If all of you are saying teachers cannot have contact with their students outside of the classroom then all the teachers in all the school systems across the country need to be fired because you hear all the time how teachers were there for their students when needed. That's what makes a good teacher. The family is not suffering because they still have their jobs and are living normal lives. Rachel is the one who got hurt because she is out of a job and may neveer find one again because of all this. Now who is really hurting here? The student is hurting because no one believes her and Rachel is hurting because the school board is only listening to one side of the story and not asking the two people who are involved.
puzzled

Matteson, IL

#13 Aug 2, 2012
There is a difference between offering support and obsessively pursuing a "relationship" with a student. The school has a policy that "teachers" MUST have permission to contact a student outside of school from the administration. Just trying to be someone's friend can not happen when you are an educator. That is why they have rules in place, unless the teachers just want to do whatever they want, but you have seen what happens there.........
Hmmmm

Matteson, IL

#14 Aug 2, 2012
judging wrote:
Considering the mother was encouraging her daughter to talk to Rachel then all of a sudden flips the tables and starts pressing charges? Seems a little skeptical to me. That a mother wants hers daughter to talk to a teacher about problems then presses charges. I have seen the evidence too and she was only being there for her student. If all of you are saying teachers cannot have contact with their students outside of the classroom then all the teachers in all the school systems across the country need to be fired because you hear all the time how teachers were there for their students when needed. That's what makes a good teacher. The family is not suffering because they still have their jobs and are living normal lives. Rachel is the one who got hurt because she is out of a job and may neveer find one again because of all this. Now who is really hurting here? The student is hurting because no one believes her and Rachel is hurting because the school board is only listening to one side of the story and not asking the two people who are involved.
It would seem to me that they had to have talked to the teacher at least at some point as you seem to know they didn't "want" to fire her...

The school board would not make a decision such as this in haste and without some sort of physical evidence. And if they have physical evidence, they really don't need to talk to the two parties involved - the proof is in the pudding, so to speak.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#15 Aug 2, 2012
Judging...so you live in North Carolina and have seen the evidence?!? Really?!? I call bullshit.

So...you think it's ok for Rachel to call herself the student's "other half", and say she loves her, and can't wait for them to be together?!? WOW!!! Because if you think that's ok (because you've seen the evidence)...then you are as screwed up as Rachel.(Not to mention the 8,000 text messages for a single month.)

There is also another student involved in this situation...a student that graduated last school year. Did you know that?

And as far as the family of the student in question not being affected...are you kidding me?! The family has been ripped apart because of this. I do not agree that the mother should have allowed her daughter to get so close to Rachel, but she had no clue of the magnitude of it.

So...with all of that said...would you like her to have your child in class?
curious

Bloomville, OH

#16 Aug 2, 2012
I know the parties involved but wonder about the facts. Seems a lot of gossip to me. There is an investigation taking place maybe the facts will come out. But who knows the truth at this time?
Hmm

Matteson, IL

#17 Aug 2, 2012
curious wrote:
I know the parties involved but wonder about the facts. Seems a lot of gossip to me. There is an investigation taking place maybe the facts will come out. But who knows the truth at this time?
I certainly HOPE the truth comes out to avoid her being able to prey on vulnerable girls! The school has done their duty, I hope the police now do theirs. And trust me - if this teacher had been a man and said these types of things to this student, it'd be all over Dateline.
judging

Mooresville, NC

#18 Aug 2, 2012
cut the cord wrote:
Judging...so you live in North Carolina and have seen the evidence?!? Really?!? I call bullshit.
So...you think it's ok for Rachel to call herself the student's "other half", and say she loves her, and can't wait for them to be together?!? WOW!!! Because if you think that's ok (because you've seen the evidence)...then you are as screwed up as Rachel.(Not to mention the 8,000 text messages for a single month.)
There is also another student involved in this situation...a student that graduated last school year. Did you know that?
And as far as the family of the student in question not being affected...are you kidding me?! The family has been ripped apart because of this. I do not agree that the mother should have allowed her daughter to get so close to Rachel, but she had no clue of the magnitude of it.
So...with all of that said...would you like her to have your child in class?
How the hell did you get that I live in north carolina? That's funny for one and two paulding county is a small town how do I know because I live there. The family was ripped apart before all of this happened that's why the student went to her teacher in the first place. Her own mother won't let her daughter in the house to get her stuff for college! Now if the mother was trying to protect her daughter then they would still have a rlationship know wouldn't they. Sounds to me like the mom had this planned out for a very long time and waited until the school got back from there yearly trip to drop the ball on everything.
curious

Bloomville, OH

#19 Aug 2, 2012
Hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly HOPE the truth comes out to avoid her being able to prey on vulnerable girls! The school has done their duty, I hope the police now do theirs. And trust me - if this teacher had been a man and said these types of things to this student, it'd be all over Dateline.
You're right about Dateline. I also hope the truth comes out.
Hmm

Matteson, IL

#20 Aug 2, 2012
judging wrote:
<quoted text>
How the hell did you get that I live in north carolina? That's funny for one and two paulding county is a small town how do I know because I live there. The family was ripped apart before all of this happened that's why the student went to her teacher in the first place. Her own mother won't let her daughter in the house to get her stuff for college! Now if the mother was trying to protect her daughter then they would still have a rlationship know wouldn't they. Sounds to me like the mom had this planned out for a very long time and waited until the school got back from there yearly trip to drop the ball on everything.
Uhhh...to the left of the comments you make, it says "judging" and that your location is in NC.
You're sick and twisted if you think that the mother has been planning/plotting this. That's almost as disturbing as the allegations themselves.
curious

Bloomville, OH

#21 Aug 2, 2012
Bits & pieces... what'strue?
curious

Bloomville, OH

#22 Aug 2, 2012
Mine says Bellevue, OH but it's really paulding county.
concerned

Wilkesville, OH

#23 Aug 2, 2012
judging ...
You are completely off base on your last post. First of all, I believe that "cutting the cord" got the idea you were from North Carolina because that is what is says under your name. I would have assumed the same thing. Secondly, the girl went and got all of her things from her mother's house .... nobody stopped her. Thirdly, if you think the mom planned this, you are nuts! Who would plan this? She is trying to protect this girl and had NO idea this relationship was this screwed up, messed up, cult like thing. The teacher has completely turned the girl against her mother. An outsider called this "inappropriate relationship" to the attention of authorities .... not the mother. She was surprised by it herself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haviland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rebecca (Becky)Verfaillie 1 hr Devil snake 5
stacey shuler May 12 darth judas 1
northwest building resources- fort jennings ohi... May 7 LIARS 1
Curious May 5 from me 2
Valero Apr 28 Curious 8
Danielle Lucas/flynn Apr 21 shawn 7
Mary kupfersmith??? Apr '15 Curious 1
More from around the web

Haviland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE