upper darby high school

upper darby high school

Posted in the Havertown Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned parent

Mullica Hill, NJ

#1 Aug 18, 2008
anyone agree that upper darby high school is the worst school to send your children to ?
first of all, the school is dirty .
most of the chilren in that school are full of arrogance.
theres fights all the time .
To be honest, the school is just trashy.
liz

Harleysville, PA

#2 Aug 19, 2008
i totally agree with you...the school has rodents,bugs and the students there are mostly from philly. the system makes no sense
David

New York, NY

#3 Feb 27, 2009
Heh. And here I thought that UDHS would be the best HS for me to attend this Fall. Lehman HS in the Bronx is definitely the worst HS ever. The new principal apparently wants us to repeat a particular class if we fail the state exam. Ugh. Making us do that meansdelay in graduation and such. Not to mention that the stupid sweeps is getting out of hand. Deans patrol the halls, and if they see students "cutting or not cutting", they're send to a particular room and questioned. Pathetic if you ask me. The school is even dirty as well since there's like trash in some classrooms, including the bathroom.
TTT

Hilltown, PA

#4 May 15, 2009
Concerned Parent: since you live in Brookhaven why do you care? Does it really apply to you? Liz: The students are not mostly from Philly. There are a number that do sneak in from Philly but it is not the majority. I have a daughter that goes to Upper Darby. She is academically doing great, has a great group of friends, and is involved in sports. She is learning life is not white bred America but rather people from all walks. She is learning tolerance, respect, and acceptance.When she goes to college she can sit in a lecture hall with 200 students and feel perfectly at ease. By the time she graduates she will have developed life long skills that will enable her to adjust to many situations, not just the situations deemed perfect.I always laugh at the comments from people putting Upper Darby Down. While the school is not perfect I choose rather to see the positive and make the best of it.
UUU

Cheltenham, PA

#5 May 15, 2009
this board is set up so people can bitch about it

UDHS is ghetto, stop making excuses, and start making a change. thats why i say we need to make obama the principal, so we can have change.
obama will teach our kids how to beg for change on the street. kids from all different backgrounds can stand side by side in breadlines and feel perfectly at ease.

have you been to the UDHS annex at 63rd and market where kids can go study and get food and a hot shower and warm up when there is a code blue.

i choose to look at all of those things in a positive way, does that make it better than what it really is?
udhs student

Folsom, PA

#6 Dec 16, 2009
i go there now and i like it i think its a great school for kids. if you dont like then dont go there or send yourr kids. it ur opainin its not a fact. get over it that school been there a very long time & its not goin anywhere. thx you
VVV

Wallingford, PA

#7 Dec 17, 2009
Wow, you're in high school and you can't even spell or write complete sentences? I'm sure it is a great school for KIDS.

Some people don't have a choice if they live in the Upper Darby School District to send their kids elsewhere without moving. It's not like you can just hop on the subway and go to Overbrook!
777efre

Chester, PA

#8 Jan 6, 2010
first of all udhs is not the bad of a school. It'S not the best school in America but it certainly is not the worst school. Some may say we are a dirty school and others might think we a snobs. Nevertheless, we are a school that gets along with each other. There are many different races and we all get along. We aren't just a white school or a black school. We are equal!
EXDELCO

Bluefield, WV

#9 Jan 8, 2010
It is not the worst school district in the county. But it is on its way. I wouldnt send my kids there on a bet.

I went there a long time ago, and has it ever changed.
UDSD

Elliottsburg, PA

#10 Feb 24, 2010
Everyone bitching about Upper Darby should have tried harder in school when you were younger so you could live in Havertown if you cared so much about your kids.
Common sense

Tyler, TX

#11 Jan 31, 2011
TTT wrote:
Concerned Parent: since you live in Brookhaven why do you care? Does it really apply to you? Liz: The students are not mostly from Philly. There are a number that do sneak in from Philly but it is not the majority. I have a daughter that goes to Upper Darby. She is academically doing great, has a great group of friends, and is involved in sports. She is learning life is not white bred America but rather people from all walks. She is learning tolerance, respect, and acceptance.When she goes to college she can sit in a lecture hall with 200 students and feel perfectly at ease. By the time she graduates she will have developed life long skills that will enable her to adjust to many situations, not just the situations deemed perfect.I always laugh at the comments from people putting Upper Darby Down. While the school is not perfect I choose rather to see the positive and make the best of it.
Now that your little liberal utopian dream world has made the national news for your savage thug ghetto children hanging another child in a tree maybe you liberal nitwits will find a grain of common sense and keep your children away from these savages in the future. But whatever you liberal fools choose to do with your poor helpless children, you better not ever tell me what to do with my children and try to force my children into school with these ghetto thugs. I'm not letting a savage ghetto thug hang my child in a tree just so some liberal fool can try to force her LSD inspired hippie peace world utopia on me. Send your kids to school with thugs if you want to, but you better not complain when you find little pinko jr hanging from a tree.
PJ G

Folcroft, PA

#12 Aug 19, 2011
Why do we have to have Clifton Heights" students as part of the Upper Darby School District? Clifton Heights is big enough to have there own schools, they have a large student age population and growing. That they should be able to educate them in Clifton Heights. The burden of paying for students from Clifton Heights should not be on the backs of Drexel Hill and Upper Darby boro residents. The district also needs to do a better job of cracking down on students from other areas that are nowhere near eligible to attend school in Upper Darby. The residents should get together and fight back the constant tax increases we have to endure year after year. Its time haven’t we had enough of this.
Mr and Mrs Big Lips

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Aug 19, 2011
Blacks ruined the school, blacks ruin everything.
A pissed off UD Student

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Oct 7, 2011
Concerned parent wrote:
anyone agree that upper darby high school is the worst school to send your children to ?
first of all, the school is dirty .
most of the chilren in that school are full of arrogance.
theres fights all the time .
To be honest, the school is just trashy.
To whoever wrote this, I go to
Upper Darby High and there is only a small percentage of people who fight and are full of arrogance as you say. Our school is not in fact dirty (well as dirty as any other school). The only reason you think that is because everyone seems to focus on us..what about Prendy? They say Prendy is full of whores, yet you comment nothing about that. Keep you thoughts to yourself when it comes to this school because you obviously know nothing about us.
Anonymous

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Oct 7, 2011
Mr and Mrs Big Lips wrote:
Blacks ruined the school, blacks ruin everything.
Whites are crazy...they make stupid decisions, are dumb and ditzy, do crack, kill their children, eat their newborns, are dirty,are racists and kill people......do I need to continue?????
Anonymous

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Oct 7, 2011
Common sense wrote:
<quoted text> Now that your little liberal utopian dream world has made the national news for your savage thug ghetto children hanging another child in a tree maybe you liberal nitwits will find a grain of common sense and keep your children away from these savages in the future. But whatever you liberal fools choose to do with your poor helpless children, you better not ever tell me what to do with my children and try to force my children into school with these ghetto thugs. I'm not letting a savage ghetto thug hang my child in a tree just so some liberal fool can try to force her LSD inspired hippie peace world utopia on me. Send your kids to school with thugs if you want to, but you better not complain when you find little pinko jr hanging from a tree.
Um hello? I got to that school and I'm not "ghetto" and a "thug". I am a very educated young black lady with more common sense than you have so maybe you should get someone else that's actually going to do something to raise your kids. Whether you are black or white you should be ashamed of yourself. Basing your assumptions on the kids you see on the news that bullied others. Your mother should of told you not to believe everything you see on T.V. You obviously need to grow up as an adult. Act your age. You're a disgrace to your parents and kids. Disgusting inside and out....Do you even have friends? People like you should burn in hell.
Anonymous-Pissed off UD

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Oct 7, 2011
I go to Upper Darby High School and I'm very well educated. I'm smart. I have common sense. I don't hang with a bad crowd. I do good in school.
Not everything you see and hear is true. The only reason why you hear about Upper Darby High is because the news and everyone else focuses on the bad things that happen. They never comment on the good things or about how other schools are doing bad. The only reason the kids act like that is because that's what people expect from them. If everyone stopped commenting on how we do maybe we would calm down. AND how about the fact that our government is outrageous? Allowing anyone to get a gun at the local Wall-mart or K-mart? Or how we constantly fight other countries for power? Maybe that's the reason for all the violence in the schools and children! Maybe the kids are a symbol for the government? And maybe if the parent weren't so lazy and actually disciplined there children better we would never have this problem! So stop blaming the kids and blame the parents!
Just Got Home

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Oct 8, 2011
Blacks have ruined this world.
oncenotnow

Marcus Hook, PA

#19 Aug 6, 2013
Common sense wrote:
<quoted text> Now that your little liberal utopian dream world has made the national news for your savage thug ghetto children hanging another child in a tree maybe you liberal nitwits will find a grain of common sense and keep your children away from these savages in the future. But whatever you liberal fools choose to do with your poor helpless children, you better not ever tell me what to do with my children and try to force my children into school with these ghetto thugs. I'm not letting a savage ghetto thug hang my child in a tree just so some liberal fool can try to force her LSD inspired hippie peace world utopia on me. Send your kids to school with thugs if you want to, but you better not complain when you find little pinko jr hanging from a tree.
first of all, there are no gangs. I have gone to that school during my 9th grade year and sadly i moved. The philly students that do sneak in there are most likely coming to get a better education. if u havent noticed. now im 17 and i will always carry myself in a better manner than u. I am one of those "getto" people that actually commented about. Its a nice school and if u have a problem with it then get off this coloum. Yes i kno i misspelled it.
oncenotnow

Marcus Hook, PA

#20 Aug 6, 2013
Just Got Home wrote:
Blacks have ruined this world.
stupid white trash

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Havertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where's bucky pagel? Jul 16 davis st 1
News A Movie Theater That Did It Right (May '06) Jul 16 bobc70 28
News 2 held in Upper Darby meth raid Jun '16 frank 1
please help the people May '16 Awful 4
News Reconnecting with faith through washing of dead May '16 Tim 3
Upper Darby to vote on name change to "Pale Hell" (Jan '12) Apr '16 Ned Cue 28
ShopRite acquires Manoa SuperFresh lease (Mar '13) Apr '16 Mike McGee 29

Havertown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Havertown Mortgages