Town Enforces Curfew to Fight Vandalism

Nighttime has become the enemy of residents living in the community of Folcroft. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
just the facts

Philadelphia, PA

#106 Dec 8, 2009
Folcroft Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Now hold on "wouldn't you like to kw"!
In regards to the slander you refer too above, your "Republican" candidates knocked on my door stating God awful things about the Democratic candidates and Councilman Papaleo who wasn't even running! So, don't point fingers. The Democratic candidates also knocked on my door in a very respectable manner and were just speaking of issues and about themselves. I am an Independent and can think for myself and can make decisions based on respect and knowledge. The Republicans did not get my vote!
here is a fact. the republican party handed out magnets and literature. They also had a mailer that included the POSITIVE things they had done and plan to do in the borough. The dems ran a NEGATIVE campaign with multiple mailers talking about backdoor politics, bashing the code enforcer, sent out from THE PEOPLES COUNCILMAN if you smell what the rock is cooking LOL. Followed up by a slanderous handout on election day that bashed the whole republican tickets personal lives. the POSITIVE approach proved to be more effective because on election day the republicans swept the vote. Now that the election is over its time to stop POLITICKING and start GOVERNING.
Folcroft Resident

Harleysville, PA

#107 Dec 9, 2009
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
here is a fact. the republican party handed out magnets and literature. They also had a mailer that included the POSITIVE things they had done and plan to do in the borough. The dems ran a NEGATIVE campaign with multiple mailers talking about backdoor politics, bashing the code enforcer, sent out from THE PEOPLES COUNCILMAN if you smell what the rock is cooking LOL. Followed up by a slanderous handout on election day that bashed the whole republican tickets personal lives. the POSITIVE approach proved to be more effective because on election day the republicans swept the vote. Now that the election is over its time to stop POLITICKING and start GOVERNING.
OH, so the positive approach was slandering the democratic candidates verbally??? I heard it myself! Nothing compared to what was said about the Republican candidates. Perhaps you just didn't know what your folks were saying. If that's the case, then I understand your take, however don't be that naive. Yes, I can accept the negative stuff should not happen at all, but everyone gets defensive, and so it all gets started! I totally agree with you! It's time to accept the local government and govern. Thank you for your response. I'm looking forward to more positive debate. Have a good evening and I love your passion!

“Don't Hate Me 'Cause I'm Right”

Since: Dec 08

Upper Darby

#108 Dec 13, 2009
wouldnt you like to kw wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright Joe How are you going to tell others people to get an after school job, when in fact you dont even have a job of your own. All u are is a Councilman in Folcroft a town that is 1.1 sq miles big. Joe you need to look at the big picture. The Police department in this town is an amazing group of guys and gals. They do a wonderful job in the town along with the fire department. You should look at yourself Joe before you bad mouth the cops of our town.
Here is a new one Joe, I have not seen you volunteer for anything to do in this town. During Community day, where you in a "staff" tee shirt, NO u where not. With the tree lighting did u help set anything up? No again you where MIA. I can not believe you have the balls to call out the people of Folcroft, The police of Folcroft and Anyone who volunteered to Help run this town when you are never around to help. And don't even say I am wrong. I know for a fact you do nothing for this town but bad mouth it. If your such the big Councilman you try to say you are then Do something other then sitting at home. I have watched you cry Joe Tears flowing from your eyes because people bad mouth you. I would never do anything to bad mouth anyone. I had respect for you before the election but after the slander you spread about the candidates for the Republican party, i will never speak to you ever again. You ruined your political career. You will never be a councilmen in the town of Folcroft again, I hope the next to years in that seat are the worst of your life. Joe I really think you need to start growing up.
ABSOLUTELY!!! Looks like someone besides me sees you for the hypocrite you are, Joe.

“Don't Hate Me 'Cause I'm Right”

Since: Dec 08

Upper Darby

#109 Dec 13, 2009
Folcroft Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
OH, so the positive approach was slandering the democratic candidates verbally??? I heard it myself! Nothing compared to what was said about the Republican candidates. Perhaps you just didn't know what your folks were saying. If that's the case, then I understand your take, however don't be that naive. Yes, I can accept the negative stuff should not happen at all, but everyone gets defensive, and so it all gets started! I totally agree with you! It's time to accept the local government and govern. Thank you for your response. I'm looking forward to more positive debate. Have a good evening and I love your passion!
NO political party runs a positive campaign anymore (if they ever did). You say you're an independent, but you're trashing one party. Sounds like a dem lying to trash his opponents.
wouldnt you like to kw

Springfield, PA

#110 Jan 5, 2010
Hey joe after hearing about your little stunt last night. You really need to grow up.
wouldnt you like to kw

Springfield, PA

#111 Jan 6, 2010
Hey Joe. I hear your very upset you where not appointed Chairman for different council committees. So you called the News paper and cried to them???? JOE ITS TIME TO GROW UP UR NOT A TEENAGER ANYMORE.
Fox

Philadelphia, PA

#112 May 25, 2010
What is the cerfew for leedom?
Folcroft parent

United States

#113 Jun 29, 2010
The only thing the curfew does is punish the good kids which is the majority of the kids. The kids that that screw things up are still out walking the streets. And folcroft found a new cash cow the fine for curfew is $1000.00 compare to disorderly cunduct which is only $450.00 Again its not the trouble makers paying the fine they just op for community serves.
croft 2013

United States

#114 Sep 6, 2013
once that kid wrote:
<quoted text>
u cannot blaim the problem only on the section 8 people. i think it is especially wrong for some people to say that they are leching off them an its not the kids fault that they were raised that way an how dare u say and blacks like all black people are living off section 8 an desturbing the peace u racist son of a bitch

But can you say its not?
hydeandseke

Paterson, NJ

#115 Oct 7, 2013
I not for lack of discipline, we would'nt need curfews. Having gone through earlier times when kids where in at night, I know this. Vandalism was very low. Kids respected their parents/adults/neighbors/teach ers by majority. Those who rebelled got punished. Military school- or night school to remove rowdys from the mainstream.
Amchz

Havertown, PA

#116 Oct 29, 2013
Compare Boston to philly
Both have excellent universities
Hospital systems
And similar housing

Philly has the added benefit of being at the midway point between NYC and dc
And it's not as cold in the winter

Why is Boston booming ? Why does it attract people from all over the us and the world?
Why are people willing to pay inflated prices for houses ? And why are there so many jobs?
Why is it such an nice place to live?

Philly is non of these things
Don't give me that mural arts bs
Top real estate in cc is unrented
The downtown is unsafe

Who is to blame? You know
Chris Toal

Paterson, NJ

#117 Oct 31, 2013
Live about 8 miles from Chester,Pa. Crime so bad curfew was for adults also. Shame its necessary to have curfews. Hey parents! Raise your kids with acceptable civil behaviors. That's why we have curfews. Lowlife parents. All have to pay for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Havertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Burglars Hit Main Line Homes as Residents Sleep Feb 21 SellerNeedsABuyer 1
submissive guy wants a dominatrix Feb 16 34strongdick 1
cindi rooney Feb 16 kloe 4
Remembering Jim Croce 40 years on (Sep '13) Feb 13 shizzle 8
Man Clogs Toilet With Potatoes Feb 9 Upper Darby Barbie 11
Ex-Pa. treasurer to plead guilty to 2 extortion... Feb 2 Nichole 1
Life In Drexel Hill? (Nov '06) Jan '15 JumpersRuinInIt4All 17

Havertown News Video

Havertown Dating
Find my Match