Upper Darby

#1 Aug 15, 2009
Go to my previous post.
WOW!!!1010

“Don't Hate Me 'Cause I'm Right”

Since: Dec 08

Upper Darby

#2 Aug 16, 2009
Upper Darby Township has a history of hiring people ONLY after they are "registered Republicans". Even the "trash men".
I can site examples. But that should come as no surprise to anyone who has lived here.
David

Wilmington, DE

#3 Aug 18, 2009
So what's your point?
50 year resident

Catasauqua, PA

#4 Aug 19, 2009
upper darby republican party is just like the philadelphia democratic party.
NotCSInotLawNOrd er

Pottstown, PA

#5 Aug 3, 2014
50 year resident wrote:
upper darby republican party is just like the philadelphia democratic party.
Upper Darby is paying for the criminal migration and tax & spend Democrats from Philadelphia. Read the crime reports half of them seem to have Philadelphians and Philly addresses in them. The earlier generations of Philly migrants trashed places like Darby,
Yeadon and Lansdowne(Their school district sucks going back to the 80s). It's not just crime or the actual residents it's who follows like the relatives and friends that visit or use that UD address of a friend or family to send jr to school. Springfield is trying to hold the line but they will fail. The Media area suffers as well being close to 95 or rt 1.

Taxes have gone through the roof trashing property values and sales in the older neighborhoods. When they catch 350 school district jumpers in one year you know there are more getting away with it racking up the UD school district bill. Then the trash bill is trashed by contractor's industrial/commercial trash put out as residential trash(what family produces 6-10 cans of trash a week or replaces a toilet or kitchen cabinets every single week) then you have idealist employees who want the latest and greatest and a budget to match.

Upper Darby will go the way of the Overbrook and Wynnfield sections of West Philadelphia once great neighborhoods turning into a renters and slumlords paradise complete with corner drug dealers, won't have to go the local problem bar anymore.

Upper Darby will be nothing but nostalgia for those at the senior centers filled with seniors priced out their home forced into a one room facility with nothing to do during the day.
NotCSInotLawNOrd er

Pottstown, PA

#6 Aug 3, 2014
SeanK wrote:
Upper Darby Township has a history of hiring people ONLY after they are "registered Republicans". Even the "trash men".
I can site examples. But that should come as no surprise to anyone who has lived here.
And that's if you are lucky. I've heard stories of people being told to go one of their local politicians in power and volunteer to work for them then after a 1 year of "working" for them then they let you use their name as a reference if they don't put in a word for behind the scenes. Their name as a reference is code for hire them. I hear similar stories from Philadelphia.

Upper Darby sustained itself off of a lot of upper middle class blue collar jobs including contractors and union members from various entities & companies. The economy put a stop to that. I notice many people moving/leaving Upper Darby as soon as their kids are out of high school. After a certain point they realize if they are lucky they will make enough to get their kids through before the tax burden, a small mortgage in many cases does them in.
Holotta Wytrache

Baltimore, MD

#7 Aug 13, 2014
Upper Darby=Pale Hell

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Havertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2 held in Upper Darby meth raid Jun 10 frank 1
please help the people May '16 Awful 4
News Reconnecting with faith through washing of dead May '16 Tim 3
Upper Darby to vote on name change to "Pale Hell" (Jan '12) Apr '16 Ned Cue 28
ShopRite acquires Manoa SuperFresh lease (Mar '13) Apr '16 Mike McGee 29
News 'Top' Main Line Eatery Reopens After Roach Infe... (Oct '15) Mar '16 Road Warrior 7
News Police: 2 adults and teen hosted hundreds of un... Mar '16 suburbanliving 1

Havertown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Havertown Mortgages