Tyngsboro looks to take ownership of ...

Tyngsboro looks to take ownership of road by disputed boat ramp

There are 41 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Aug 20, 2010, titled Tyngsboro looks to take ownership of road by disputed boat ramp. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Selectmen are moving toward officially taking town ownership of Cedar Street, setting up a possible legal showdown with Club Fleur-de-Lis, whose parking lot abuts the street, which leads directly into Long Pond.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sox fan

Dracut, MA

#44 Aug 30, 2010
Robby wrote:
The police do NOT fine or arrest anyone using the area known as Cedar St. or even the boat ramp. If people were really trespassing on private property, they would immediately be arrested.
But they don't, because its public property. All town records (some even going back to the 1930's) show that the area in question is public property. That's ALL people need. Use the ramp. Use the dock. Use Cedar St. Your tax money is paying for it, and you have a right to access it.
You do NOT have a pay a private company "fee" (in this case,$100) to access public property.
when the police show up who are they siding with gail or the boat ramp user.are the boaters told to leave?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haverhill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I need some advice asap !! Aug 22 Robby 5
Gay meet up (May '13) Aug 19 Robby 24
News Methuen police preferred job seekers who wouldn... Aug 1 thefixisin 1
Anti-racist is a codeword for anti-white May '15 8496jdlg 1
looking for info about Jonathan Dollins (Apr '14) May '15 pepee 5
A Rockin Night Out!!! Apr '15 Long live rock 1
News State education chief recommends state takeover... Apr '15 Tammy 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Haverhill Mortgages