Tyngsboro looks to take ownership of road by disputed boat ramp

Full story: Lowell Sun

Selectmen are moving toward officially taking town ownership of Cedar Street, setting up a possible legal showdown with Club Fleur-de-Lis, whose parking lot abuts the street, which leads directly into Long Pond.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of41
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Really

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

It seems that the road is public but is the boat ramp legal. Do you need a permit to have a boat ramp or dock on long pond?
land on lake too

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

I side with the town...
Pam

Burlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

Gail is killing her own businiess...people person she is not !!
JCK

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

Guess she is just mean spirited, or money hungry. Either way she is not neighbor friendly. No one owns the water is should be open to the public
KKOS2

Salem, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

As a person who lives on a body of water in the NH area I have to say Gail should not have to fight for what is rightfully hers and as a business owner it's sad that she has to pay to keep her boat dock. Hopefully for the towns sake they will realize that can't just claim it because they decided to make it public. Sorry town selectman even you have to follow the rules of the law! And as for the being friendly, how would you feel is your business was suffering from such nonsense. Best of luck Gail, your doing the right thing!!
Opus

Chestnut Hill, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

KKOS2 wrote:
As a person who lives on a body of water in the NH area I have to say Gail should not have to fight for what is rightfully hers and as a business owner it's sad that she has to pay to keep her boat dock. Hopefully for the towns sake they will realize that can't just claim it because they decided to make it public. Sorry town selectman even you have to follow the rules of the law! And as for the being friendly, how would you feel is your business was suffering from such nonsense. Best of luck Gail, your doing the right thing!!
If the town owns the street/ portion of the property that the boat dock was built on (according to 1930's deed) then she was at fault for building on propert she did not own.
Natick, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

Fleur de lis didnt pay one red cent for the boat launch "fix".. It was paid for from the guy who use to have boat shows there.. He was tired of getting stuck in mud launching all his demo boats!
confused

Natick, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

KKOS2 wrote:
What planet do you live on?? Your funny!!
Maggie

Salem, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

If you rmember who the guy was /why the ramp was built - the maybe you should let the town attorney know . It should help the case for the town.
Karma wrote:
Fleur de lis didnt pay one red cent for the boat launch "fix".. It was paid for from the guy who use to have boat shows there.. He was tired of getting stuck in mud launching all his demo boats!
Watertown, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

The boat demo's were run out the FDL.. Not sure what the deal was between tom and the sales guy.. maybe the boat guy had no idea it was town property.. and fixed the launch in return for using the FDL property..

Waiting for Gail trolls to repond... 3..2..1
Crap

Salem, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

This chick Gail needs a good donkey punch to cheer her up.
ron

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

Maggie wrote:
If you rmember who the guy was /why the ramp was built - the maybe you should let the town attorney know . It should help the case for the town. <quoted text>
the town should have a building permit that was issued i would think
if not that is another story all together
justme

Redwood City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

this story just ain't the same with out a video of this b@tsh1t insane club owner.
Gail is Nuts

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

KKOS2 wrote:

In case you forgot who Gail is, She will show you!
http://www.lowellsun.com/ci_15585003...
Maggie

Salem, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

Well that video didn't help your case at all. I see a woman with no class and on the borderline of assault. Hope the town wins.
Gail is Nuts wrote:
<quoted text>
In case you forgot who Gail is, She will show you!
http://www.lowellsun.com/ci_15585003...
Kevin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

So if I build an Illegal boat ramp on Gails property I can charge her money to use it?
jim

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

"Meredith said then that she never forced area boaters to pay ramp fees. Yesterday, she deferred all further questions to her attorney."

bullcrap its a 100 bucks to join the club and if you do not join the club guess what?you can't use the boat ramp
tom merideth is a real nice guy he should still be in charge not this fruit cake
Always an Acre boy

Herndon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

Man oh Man! Is she for real? I knew a family from years ago who went to the FDL and they always had a good time there, and never have I seen anything like this. What made her think she can start doing what she is doing ? To start charging people to use a boat ramp that has been use for many years by the town with no problems. Who the hell does she think she is. She seems to be a real pain in the ass for the police because she is always calling them . They should charge her with harrassing the public and the police combined! She seems to me to be a crazy Beaaahch.
Some thoughts

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

Just because the town/residents has been using the ramp for years doesn't make it town property.
I know that is not what people want to hear.
But the reality is, if it is hers it is hers, and she can do what she wants to do with it. Just because you borrowed your sisters sweater years ago doesn't make it not hers anymore.
Hopefully a fair solution for all will be found.
Kiss ofr Death Jr

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

I'd like to thank the Voters of Daracut for DUMPING Jimmy O.... Go Wilson

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of41
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Haverhill Discussions

Search the Haverhill Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) 6 hr John 4,692
toh-doh Italian chocolate Christmas cookies Sun Fred Murray 1
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Jul 18 Kundrot dionkie 1,149
Review: Steve Grant's Handyman Svc (Jan '11) Jul 6 Reading MA 4
Woman Sues Over Having To Buy 2 Plane Seats (Feb '06) Jun '14 bozo 298
Work From Home Jun '14 Lisa 1
Commencement season is under way Jun '14 Bob billy 5
•••
•••

Haverhill News Video

•••
Haverhill Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••