Pittsfield, mayor take top spot in cu...

Pittsfield, mayor take top spot in cultural contest

There are 3 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Nov 18, 2010, titled Pittsfield, mayor take top spot in cultural contest. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

Mayor James M. Ruberto can often be found speaking at events around town, beaming about "the best small city in New England." And soon that message will be going out to a much larger audience.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

he is joking right

Troy, NY

#1 Nov 19, 2010
and just what criteria does he use for calling Pittsfield the "best small town in New England"? Does he mean that it is the best small town ripe for the picking?

Maybe it has the most ethical community leaders?

Lots of good jobs for the populace?

Fair and reasonable property tax rates?

Would he care to name just one other small town that Pittsfield is better than because I would love to hear their response.
best little city

United States

#2 Nov 20, 2010
well why not! if you can over look the corruption, the murders, mayhem, gangs, guns, drugs, thugs, an officially unethical guilty repeat offender mayor, a bete noire police "chief," an alleged half a million dollar fraud, Mr. Sticky Fingers, an ex-ceo with an unhealthy appetite for young boys, and his friend and confidant in the probation dept., a taxpayer subsidized eatery, host to "bubbly teen celebrations,"..........j esus, why not!
you are freaking joking

Troy, NY

#3 Nov 20, 2010
best little city wrote:
well why not! if you can over look the corruption, the murders, mayhem, gangs, guns, drugs, thugs, an officially unethical guilty repeat offender mayor, a bete noire police "chief," an alleged half a million dollar fraud, Mr. Sticky Fingers, an ex-ceo with an unhealthy appetite for young boys, and his friend and confidant in the probation dept., a taxpayer subsidized eatery, host to "bubbly teen celebrations,"..........j esus, why not!
I see your point and think this should all be on the welcome sign at the gateway to the city as well as all promotional material getting people to come visit or live here. Well done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haverhill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
charley lister (Oct '15) Aug 7 oceanbreeze 2
News Police arrest log (Dec '10) Jul 24 nick 10
News Advocates push for in-state rates for undocumen... Jul 22 Vote Trump 2020 30
Review: Underground House Of Ink (Tattoo, Pierc... Jul '17 INKIT 1
North Andover Gym Teacher Trial? Jul '17 NAmomma 1
Wal Mart in Methuen Ma Jun '17 Cindy M 3
Gay meet up (May '13) May '17 Aaronhung 30

Haverhill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Haverhill Mortgages