Tyngsboro to take vote on boat launch

Full story: Lowell Sun 117
Special Town Meeting on Nov. 16 just became more interesting. Despite being threatened with a lawsuit by Club Fleur-De-Lis Inc. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Long Ponderer

Danvers, MA

#1 Oct 28, 2010
this is a tough call. Not sure how I will vote.
Just Me

Milton, MA

#2 Oct 29, 2010
I will be there, and I know for sure how I will vote..... not doubt about it.... it has and always will belong to the town...
been there

Tewksbury, MA

#3 Nov 1, 2010
It is a private issue. Many people will be voting on something they don't really know anything about. Unless you are a neighbor and live it every day, you can't possibly understand. I can see both sides. I don't live there and I don't feel comfortable at all about voting on this. The result will not affect me or the majority of people voting at town meeting.

Bad decision by the Board of Selectmen
Tyngsborough

Merrimack, NH

#4 Nov 1, 2010
been there wrote:
It is a private issue. Many people will be voting on something they don't really know anything about. Unless you are a neighbor and live it every day, you can't possibly understand. I can see both sides. I don't live there and I don't feel comfortable at all about voting on this. The result will not affect me or the majority of people voting at town meeting.
Sadly, as bad BOS decisions go this isn't the first one and very likely not the last one. Residents are being asked to vote on this and I haven't found anything posted on the town's website to explain why this is up for a vote at town meeting. Has the town attorney done a thorough legal review of this? If so, post it on the town's website! Why are we always blindsided?
been there

Tewksbury, MA

#5 Nov 1, 2010
Tyngsborough wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, as bad BOS decisions go this isn't the first one and very likely not the last one. Residents are being asked to vote on this and I haven't found anything posted on the town's website to explain why this is up for a vote at town meeting. Has the town attorney done a thorough legal review of this? If so, post it on the town's website! Why are we always blindsided?
I watched some of the hearing on cable. I came in after it was already in progress but from what I could understand, the town attorney believed it was a private matter or at least seemed to lean that way.

I know I don't have enough information to vote on this.
tyng dude

Ayer, MA

#6 Nov 2, 2010
Just what we need one more thing to cost money to maintain..
Just Me

Milton, MA

#7 Nov 2, 2010
tyng dude wrote:
Just what we need one more thing to cost money to maintain..
The town already maintains it, she doesnt pay taxes on it, and she charges people $100 a summer to use it...
Seriously

Sandwich, MA

#8 Nov 2, 2010
Is it "Just Me" or does Just Me seem to be involved?

Read the rational responses from people. It really is a private issue that the BOS are making the townspeople vote on.

Sounds like a bad move. A waste of taxpayer money either way.
facts

Woburn, MA

#9 Nov 2, 2010
The town does own it. That was pointed out in the article. They just have to enforce their ownership.
been there

Tewksbury, MA

#10 Nov 2, 2010
facts wrote:
The town does own it. That was pointed out in the article. They just have to enforce their ownership.
There has to be another side of it. Why were the Merediths sued instead of the town if the town owns it? This is a struggle between neighbors and not for the town to get involved in. I for one will not be voting on this issue. I feel like it's none of my business!
Tyngsboroite

Tyngsboro, MA

#11 Nov 2, 2010
According to the Lowell Sun, the town voted in 1986 to formally accept Cedar Street as a town road but the proper steps were not taken by the town to complete the taking. If the town did not do what they were suppose to do then the property should still be owned by whoever owned it prior to that 1986 vote. Seems pretty clear to me. What I'm not clear on is who that is. Is it Club Fleur-De-Lis Inc. or the butters? However, it is within the town's rights to ask for another vote for the taking of the property. If they do and the town residents vote to take the property it then begs the question, will the town do what they failed to do back in 1986? And, I agree with "tyng dude". It will become another piece of property that the town has to maintain. Doesn't Tyngsboro have enough town owned property that they have to maintain?
Just Me

Milton, MA

#12 Nov 3, 2010
Seriously wrote:
Is it "Just Me" or does Just Me seem to be involved?
Read the rational responses from people. It really is a private issue that the BOS are making the townspeople vote on.
Sounds like a bad move. A waste of taxpayer money either way.
The only way I ma involved in this is that I have lived in Tyngsboro my whole life and have used the Town Beach a lot of weekends in the summer. I have been to this club but only a few times... But is is clear to see that This club is becoming the old Nick's Happy Hour... for those who have been in town long enough to remember that you know it was not a good ending... Prostitution ring , RECO violations and some of the police were involved, and yes this was right in Tyngsboro on the water... I am just a concerned parent...
Tom

Lowell, MA

#13 Nov 4, 2010
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way I ma involved in this is that I have lived in Tyngsboro my whole life and have used the Town Beach a lot of weekends in the summer. I have been to this club but only a few times... But is is clear to see that This club is becoming the old Nick's Happy Hour... for those who have been in town long enough to remember that you know it was not a good ending... Prostitution ring , RECO violations and some of the police were involved, and yes this was right in Tyngsboro on the water... I am just a concerned parent...
How do you go from talking about boat launching rights on a pond where there is no other public access to prostitution rings? Think before you speak...and especially before you vote.
Just Me

Milton, MA

#14 Nov 4, 2010
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you go from talking about boat launching rights on a pond where there is no other public access to prostitution rings? Think before you speak...and especially before you vote.
If you had been in Tyngs. long enough you would know about the Nick's Happy Hour issue, and it started just like this.. I do think before I speak....
mike d

Ashland, MA

#15 Nov 4, 2010
Insurance sosts for a boat ramr???? yea, right
Just Me

Milton, MA

#16 Nov 5, 2010
mike d wrote:
Insurance sosts for a boat ramr???? yea, right
hmmmm WHAT???
Colonel Tyng

Bedford, MA

#17 Nov 5, 2010
been there wrote:
In "1986" it was decided by the town to take the boat launch and turn it into a public way. Then it fell through the cracks and somebody did not do their job, I would also look into what happened there at a later time, the selectmen are just doing something that should have been done almost 25 years ago. At least 122 land owners with lake rights and countless others who are grandfathered into water rights for the lake were harassed verbally by the owner of the bar on a daily basis. They were essentially being shaken down by the ownership of the bar to PAY to put their boats into the lake, question is: was it illegal? Can any monies that were paid to the bar be recouped by the population? The right thing to do is to move forward, take the boat launch, make the road a public road as it was VOTED on to do back in 1986 and let the people enjoy their time on the lake.
Colonel Tyng

Bedford, MA

#18 Nov 5, 2010
Tyngsboroite wrote:
According to the Lowell Sun, the town voted in 1986 to formally accept Cedar Street as a town road but the proper steps were not taken by the town to complete the taking. If the town did not do what they were suppose to do then the property should still be owned by whoever owned it prior to that 1986 vote. Seems pretty clear to me. What I'm not clear on is who that is. Is it Club Fleur-De-Lis Inc. or the butters? However, it is within the town's rights to ask for another vote for the taking of the property. If they do and the town residents vote to take the property it then begs the question, will the town do what they failed to do back in 1986? And, I agree with "tyng dude". It will become another piece of property that the town has to maintain. Doesn't Tyngsboro have enough town owned property that they have to maintain?
Really is not much to maintain there, are you for real? its a road with a little boat ramp, it was thought to be a town road already but somebody in 1986 did not do their job. If you take the property it will save countless POLICE responders from showing up and your tax dollars $$$$$$ for every time they were called, that alone must be worth something, the police were there constantly. What is that worth to you?
Tyngsborough

Merrimack, NH

#19 Nov 5, 2010
Colonel Tyng wrote:
<quoted text>
Really is not much to maintain there, are you for real? its a road with a little boat ramp, it was thought to be a town road already but somebody in 1986 did not do their job. If you take the property it will save countless POLICE responders from showing up and your tax dollars $$$$$$ for every time they were called, that alone must be worth something, the police were there constantly. What is that worth to you?
The BOS owes voters an explanation on what this is all about along with a legal opinion. And what's up with the salary transfers? Just a few months ago Selectman Rich Lemoine was saying the Veteran's Agent salary should be increased to full-time but $8,500 of that salary is part of $68,800 in salary transfers to other accounts. And $45,000 of that transfer is coming from communication salary. How is it possible to overbudget communication salary by $45,000?

Here's the link:
http://www.tyngsboroughma.gov/download/agenda...

Does anyone know what's going on?
Colonel Tyng

Bedford, MA

#20 Nov 5, 2010
Tyngsborough wrote:
<quoted text>
The BOS owes voters an explanation on what this is all about along with a legal opinion. And what's up with the salary transfers? Just a few months ago Selectman Rich Lemoine was saying the Veteran's Agent salary should be increased to full-time but $8,500 of that salary is part of $68,800 in salary transfers to other accounts. And $45,000 of that transfer is coming from communication salary. How is it possible to overbudget communication salary by $45,000?
Here's the link:
http://www.tyngsboroughma.gov/download/agenda...
Does anyone know what's going on?
They already gave an opinion circa 1986 on the proposed street, it should be taken by the town to stop all the foolishness, period..
As for all the other stuff, what does that have to do with this? Deal with one issue at a time...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haverhill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman Sues Over Having To Buy 2 Plane Seats (Feb '06) Sat Angry White Unite... 312
looking for info about Jonathan Dollins (Apr '14) Dec 17 ohh 3
Girlfriend of Tewksbury teacher accused in viol... (Mar '09) Dec 7 sad 26
Review: Joyeria Tenares Dec 6 Bones 1
mothers who lost custody from Judge Virginia M.... Dec 5 mcconnee 1
Former cop on trial in January Nov 28 okay 5
Shaklee 180 (May '14) Nov '14 what 4

Haverhill News Video

Haverhill Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Haverhill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE