Tyngsboro warrant could lead to lawsuit

Tyngsboro warrant could lead to lawsuit

There are 86 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Nov 9, 2010, titled Tyngsboro warrant could lead to lawsuit. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Two Special Town Meeting warrant articles that will be voted on next Tuesday -- asking residents to formally accept Cedar Street as a town road, and setting aside $2,000 to pay for the land-taking -- trample on the private-property rights of Club Fleur De Lis owners Gail and Tom Meredith, their lawyer said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
been there

Tewksbury, MA

#84 Nov 29, 2010
Tyngsborough wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there anyone on the BOS who owns a boat?
Yes, Rich Lemoine
Sara

Lowell, MA

#85 Nov 30, 2010
I have no idea. Does anyone know?
Rich Lemoine excused himself from the public portions of the meeting for personal reasons.
Tyngsborough

Merrimack, NH

#86 Dec 1, 2010
been there wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Rich Lemoine
I just want to be sure you're right. How do you know Rich Lemoine owns a boat?
been there

Tewksbury, MA

#87 Dec 1, 2010
My daughter was a friend of his daughter's in HS. They played soccer together. Had a "spagetti supper" at his house and went out on the boat. I think (not sure) a jet ski too.

Just because he doesn't vote on it doesn't mean he doesn't have influence to push his agenda on BOS. I just can't see why other than his influence they would have ever brought this decision to town meeting.
Sara

Lowell, MA

#88 Dec 1, 2010
I agree. More back room deals. Or the super secret BOS meetings.
Tyngsborough

Merrimack, NH

#89 Jan 14, 2011
Sara wrote:
The boat ramp is an option and should carry a hefty fee. If you own a boat you have disposable income.The cash strapped families and elderly are being fee-d and taxed to live. If Lemoine didn't live there he'd be the first to charge a user fee. Ms. Coughlin- where's a 'green fee' for poluting our town water?
The town's website just posted the Strategic Financial Planning Committee's "Final Long-Term Financial Report and Committee Close-Out." And guess what's listed under revenue? "Review fees and make recommendations for changes, including...recreation fees..."

Wouldn't launching a boat at the end of Cedar Street qualify as a "recreation fee?" I wonder how much the town will charge? Will there be a higher fee for out of town boat launchers?

Here's the link:

http://www.tyngsboroughma.gov/download/govern...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haverhill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Info.... Apr 26 RichieB2015 1
mari anna matthews (Feb '10) Apr 9 RichieB2015 6
News Pittsfield man charged with drug offenses (Apr '11) Mar '16 cops are criminals 37
News Arrest Log: 1/2/2010 (Jan '10) Mar '16 jsantaigo 5
News Fitchburg receiving $898G in Community Developm... Feb '16 Lynch 4
News Methuen police preferred job seekers who wouldn... (Aug '15) Feb '16 watchingthemethue... 2
News Police log (Sep '10) Feb '16 Steve 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Haverhill Mortgages