Multiple gas explosions set more than...

Multiple gas explosions set more than 60 homes ablaze north of...

There are 2 comments on the SFGate story from Sep 13, 2018, titled Multiple gas explosions set more than 60 homes ablaze north of.... In it, SFGate reports that:

A series of gas explosions tore through several Massachusetts communities Thursday, setting numerous homes on fire and forcing evacuations in at least three towns. Within an hour, state police received between 60 and 100 reports of fires and gas explosions in the Merrimack region.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SFGate.

infrastructure-i s-failing

Red Deer, Canada

#1 Sep 14, 2018
Doravillian

Atlanta, GA

#2 Sep 15, 2018
Is it true that it was natural gas (as opposed to gasoline or diesel)? I heard on the radio that some of the lines dated back to the 1800's. Were they brick and mortar?
We have Colonial Pipeline running thru our neighborhoods here but they are gasoline and diesel. The lines were put in back in the 40's and runs from New Orleans to Virginia. There are three 48 inch lines and some are only 50 feet from homes.
Fortunately I'm 1/2 mile from them. Prayers to all of you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haverhill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sean savage of unit construction. Nov '18 Paul 1
boobs (Oct '13) Nov '18 Robert S 3
News Trial set for three Haverhill cops accused of c... (Mar '11) Oct '18 Politically incor... 5
News The Massachusetts Explosions Are a Grim Reminde... Sep '18 Doravillian 4
News Series of explosions set fire to Massachusetts ... Sep '18 infrastructure-is... 1
News Neighbors gather to evaluate fire damage Sep '18 infrastructure-is... 1
News Man arrested for exercising naked at public gym Jul '18 Parden Pard 1

Haverhill Jobs

Personal Finance

Haverhill Mortgages