We're out of Fay's path, but keep you...

We're out of Fay's path, but keep your guard up

There are 2 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Aug 18, 2008, titled We're out of Fay's path, but keep your guard up. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

It might look like South Florida dodged a bullet after Tropical Storm Fay's projected path shifted west on Sunday, allowing this region to fall out of the cone of uncertainty.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

“You need to know the Truth”

Since: Jul 08

Ft Lauderdale FL

#1 Aug 18, 2008
Uh-Oh, the backtracking is already starting, but there wont be any apologies from the television stations for getting people all worked up to the need for a "double bar of xanax" just to calm down. Thanks for screwing the start of school up as well as everything else, i have lived here all my life and it never ceases to amaze me at the less than responsible journalism exhibited by all the networks just to be the station to say "We were there for you"..and to all you others, dont give me that "We have to be prepared nonsense". if you have any common sense, you can look for yourself and see this was not going to affect our part of south fla (except for rain which is a daily occurence anyway)...well, on we go, thank heavens for cable tv to get away from network programming..Thats the ABSOLUTE truth
vince mazzei

Naples, FL

#2 Aug 18, 2008
I hope that complacing won't take place and think that it was a big hoax. The next one could be the big one.

Be thankful that we were forwarned and heed all advice in the future.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Havana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid (Mar '12) Fri Grass 29,880
tallahassee sucks (Apr '14) Jul 29 Strel 5
Review: Miccosukee Arms Apartments Jul 29 KAE 1
Tallahassee Facebook Yard Sale (Over 1400 Members) (Mar '12) Jul 28 JudyM 13
abony inferno lucifer 2nd 3rd wer murders now c... Jul 27 africhaiti 1
Gay Marriage and the Republicans Jul 27 Swamp Thing 1
Education Funding Special Election with Low Vot... Jul 25 hanseatic 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Havana Mortgages