Confederate Patriotism

Confederate Patriotism

There are 52 comments on the WTSP Tampa Bay story from Nov 5, 2007, titled Confederate Patriotism. In it, WTSP Tampa Bay reports that:

Independence Day is a time for Americans to celebrate freedombut there's another battle for freedom that still sparks fireworks today, other than the holiday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTSP Tampa Bay.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
GJ Tisdale

Homosassa, FL

#1 Nov 13, 2007
Thousands of minorities including Jews,Italians,Hispanics,Russia ns,Poles,Germans,Irish,Scotsme n,Welsh,English,Dutch,African- Americans,Chinese and others served The Confederate States of America.Mr.Randell and others like him need to get a life!!
GJ Tisdale

Inverness, FL

#2 Nov 18, 2007
"Any people,anywhere,being inclined and having the power,have the right to rise up and shake off the existing government,and form a new one that suits them better.This is a most valuable,a most sacred right,a right which we hope and believe is to liberate the world."--U.S.Representati ve Abraham Lincoln of Illinois on the floor of Congress in 1847.
GJTisdale

Inverness, FL

#3 Nov 18, 2007
"Charles Francis Adams was a member of the Adams family of Massachusetts.He wrote that,when the Constitution was adopted,it was fully understood that each State had the right to leave the Union. Northern abuse of Robert E. Lee caused Adams to flame with indignation."If Lee was a traitor,"he said,"so also was George Washington." What,indeed,was the American Revolution but a secession of the thirteen States from Great Britain?"--From"FACT S THE HISTORIANS LEAVE OUT" By John S. Tilley,M.A.(HARVARD) Page 36.
beguiled

Salisbury, MA

#4 Nov 18, 2007
GJTisdale wrote:
"Charles Francis Adams was a member of the Adams family of Massachusetts.He wrote that,when the Constitution was adopted,it was fully understood that each State had the right to leave the Union. Northern abuse of Robert E. Lee caused Adams to flame with indignation."If Lee was a traitor,"he said,"so also was George Washington." What,indeed,was the American Revolution but a secession of the thirteen States from Great Britain?"--From"FACT S THE HISTORIANS LEAVE OUT" By John S. Tilley,M.A.(HARVARD) Page 36.
Pretty cool!
GJTisdale

Inverness, FL

#5 Nov 18, 2007
QUOTE who="beguiled"<qu oted text>Pretty cool! Thank You!! very much. It's good to get a pat on the back from someone once in a while,i appreciate it.
GJTisdale

Inverness, FL

#6 Nov 19, 2007
"Kit Karson(Colonel Christopher Carson,First New Mexico Cavalry)on June 11 wrote to General C.B. Fisk,"There is a company of militia commanded by one Captain Fish.I will say with all candor they are the worst set of men I have ever seen...Most of them are drunkards,gamblers,whore-house pimps,thieves,murderers,house- burners,and Captain Fish is as mean a man as I ever knew."Captain Irvin Fish,Enrolled Missouri Militia(Union),commanded a company of two officers and fifty enlisted men,placed on duty June 3,and stationed in Buchanan County,District of North Missouri."--From the"Official Records",Vol.XXXIV,Pt.IV: Pages315-316 and Page 523.
GJTisdale

Inverness, FL

#7 Nov 22, 2007
"HAPPY THANSGIVING!!"---By the way,the modern Thanksgiving Holiday was begun in 1863 by the bastard son of one Nancy Hanks who concieved her son while playing the "French Maid" routine in an adulterous affair with a Mr.Enloe in North Carolina!! Y'all should read more about it.
rory

Clearwater, FL

#8 Nov 26, 2007
Lighten up people for crying out loud. That flag is part of history and isn't necessarily about racism or slavery. If we can't let a few people have pride in their heritage, than what kind of country are we? Please for the love of God, read a history book with an open mind.
beguiled

Salisbury, MA

#9 Nov 26, 2007
Why are there posts missing?
Stewje

Brandon, FL

#10 Nov 26, 2007
beguiled wrote:
Why are there posts missing?
Probably because one ignorant individual was posting the same ignorant crap on 2 different threads.
GJTisdale

Inverness, FL

#11 Nov 27, 2007
Stewje wrote:
<quoted text>Probably because one ignorant individual was posting the same ignorant crap on 2 different threads.
Read post #123 under Fort Lauderdale and figure it out if you can!!
GJ Tisdale

Inverness, FL

#13 Dec 1, 2007
Stewje wrote:
<quoted text>Probably because one ignorant individual was posting the same ignorant crap on 2 different threads.
What does LMAO!! mean?
GJ Tisdale

Inverness, FL

#14 Dec 1, 2007
My GreatGrandfather was born in Greece and came to America through Ellis Island,New York in 1907.He then moved down to North Carolina,where he met and married an American girl and they had three children.He died and was buried in North Carolina.He was Greek by birth,American by choice and SOUTHERN by the GRACE of GOD!!!
Stewje

Brandon, FL

#15 Dec 1, 2007
GJ Tisdale wrote:
<quoted text> What does LMAO!! mean?
Laughin' my ass off at you! You really did not have a whole lot of your people follow you over to this thread. Maybe they got tired of listening to your ignorant crap also!
Holly

Oneco, FL

#16 Dec 1, 2007
Well I love that I am from the South. An till we start hearing how the NAACP is raciest and speak hate. Stay out of my way. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson is just as bad as the KKK if not worst because they have even convinced white people to believe them.
GJ Tisdale

Inverness, FL

#18 Dec 3, 2007
Holly wrote:
Well I love that I am from the South. An till we start hearing how the NAACP is raciest and speak hate. Stay out of my way. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson is just as bad as the KKK if not worst because they have even convinced white people to believe them.
Right on!,Holly.If i could get over to Seffner,i'd give you a big Dixie hug!
Carl

New York, NY

#19 Dec 3, 2007
ISNT THIS THE LAND OF THE FREE????????
GJ Tisdale

Inverness, FL

#20 Dec 3, 2007
Stewje wrote:
<quoted text>Laughin' my ass off at you! You really did not have a whole lot of your people follow you over to this thread. Maybe they got tired of listening to your ignorant crap also!
"I wil say,that I am not,nor ever have been,in favor of bringing about,in any way,a social and political equality of the white and black races,that I am not,nor ever have been,in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes,nor of qualifying them to hold office,nor to intermarry with white people.I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality.And inasmuch as they cannot so live,while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior,and I,as much as any other man,am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race."-Abraham Lincoln(September18,1858) There's your hero,the biggest Racist Ass! of 19th century American History.
GJ Tisdale

Inverness, FL

#21 Dec 3, 2007
Carl wrote:
ISNT THIS THE LAND OF THE FREE????????
Read post #20!
GJ Tisdale

Inverness, FL

#22 Dec 3, 2007
"If secession is wrong,we owe the British Parliament a huge apology,and a whole lot of back taxes!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Havana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2 Floridas emerge in attitudes toward LGBT comm... Thu JohnInToronto 2
Fsu affairs Wed Nobleman 1
New owners close Tally's Grille after 8 years. (Aug '15) Jun 15 Emille Ellenswort... 11
FSU professor Dan Markel Jun 9 Roxie132 1
Thank you Pam Bondi Jun 7 Go Blue Forever 4
Sandy Hook Hoax Updates Jun 2 jose can u c 1
havana scammer (Dec '15) Dec '15 greg 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Havana Mortgages