Letters to the Editor - Editorials

Full story: Honolulu Star-Bulletin

Looks like Mayor Mufi Hannemann is really looking after his golfing buddies and the golfing public.
Comments
1 - 20 of 25 Comments Last updated Mar 14, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Live Love Laugh.. and Surf! :)”

Since: Aug 08

Kaimuki,Hilo,Ka'u, Kaupo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Judged:

http://www.honolulu.gov/csd/publiccom/honnews... $128millionshortfall.htm

Some of Hannemann's proposed rate increases put more burden on the middle class.

Since: Mar 08

Aiea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Judged:

-Lana- wrote:
http://www.honolulu.gov/csd/pu bliccom/honnews09/solutionsto$ 128millionshortfall.htm
Some of Hannemann's proposed rate increases put more burden on the middle class.
It does not bother me because I won't go to any of those places in that case.

Anyway as for as the zoo goes I'm very tired of paying so much just to see the same old sick animals again and again at the zoo. I know them all by name.
mele

Yonkers, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Judged:

money money money... who's getting it and why are the people of oahu still suffering?

forget the rail and fix the sewers and schools. leave the zoo parking and public golf course fees alone, and take a pay cut MUFI AND LINDA!!!!!!!

OUR POLITICIANS ARE SHAMELESS... come you guys. wake up and smell the pilau stink!

sorry i'm in a sour mood this morning after reading about poor mr. and mrs. kaide, who since they have private insurance, are not allowed to live (and subsequently die *sigh ;-( in the same nursing home.
Wild Horses

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Eh, let the cops who train and ride their horses, get first shot and buying 'em at auction when the horses going be put out to pasture.

What the hell is this, no can buy the horse cause they one cop, b.s.?

Who came up with that stupid stuff?

More importantly, who or whom continues to enforce and apply that stupid rule?

To be sure, that kind of rule is applicable when you talking hardware property,(jewelry, guns, cars, etc.) but horses---that is different.

Some mechanism should be in, or put in, place to allow an exception to the rule excluding cops from auctioning for the horse they when ride on duty, some, perhaps, for years.
bumpercrop

Kailua, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Judged:

The animals in the zoo are not old and sick. They are well taken care of. I go to the zoo every week and see how the 3 tiger cubs are growing, and to see the neat hammerkop birds from Africa, and the gharials and Rusty and Violet. If you haven't been there lately you need to go check it out. It's a neat place. Really cheap to buy a year pass to support them. Did you know that the entrance fees that people pay when they go in all go to the city? But if you join as a member your member fees go to the zoo. Think about it.
Von in Aiea wrote:
<quoted text>
It does not bother me because I won't go to any of those places in that case.
Anyway as for as the zoo goes I'm very tired of paying so much just to see the same old sick animals again and again at the zoo. I know them all by name.
Waa waa

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Judged:

What a bunch of whiners. The parking meter rates at the zoo haven't been raised in 30 years. And if you can afford to play golf, you can pay a little more.

Aiea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

bumpercrop wrote:
The animals in the zoo are not old and sick. They are well taken care of. I go to the zoo every week and see how the 3 tiger cubs are growing, and to see the neat hammerkop birds from Africa, and the gharials and Rusty and Violet. If you haven't been there lately you need to go check it out. It's a neat place. Really cheap to buy a year pass to support them. Did you know that the entrance fees that people pay when they go in all go to the city? But if you join as a member your member fees go to the zoo. Think about it.
<quoted text>
When I visit the Denver zoo and by the way they even have a tropical section with real Hawaiian birds that Hawaii does not have at their Zoo. They have more Hawaiian animals than Hawaii has and there all lively and colorful besides.
School buses drop off the kid at the Zoo in the morning and the kids stay all day long have a free lunch, make school reports then the buses pick up the kids in the late afternoon.
The same with the San Diego Zoo.

I guess if you say the Hawaii Zoo is great then you must set in the little pidgin park all day long :)

Aloha
dudealohajeo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Judged:

Von in Aiea wrote:
<quoted text>
When I visit the Denver zoo and by the way they even have a tropical section with real Hawaiian birds that Hawaii does not have at their Zoo. They have more Hawaiian animals than Hawaii has and there all lively and colorful besides.
School buses drop off the kid at the Zoo in the morning and the kids stay all day long have a free lunch, make school reports then the buses pick up the kids in the late afternoon.
The same with the San Diego Zoo.

I guess if you say the Hawaii Zoo is great then you must set in the little pidgin park all day long :)
Aloha
Maybe they dream of being homeless in Hawaii, even in 59 degree weather, with lips turning blue, and their daughters freezing their okole's off behind a warehouse in Kakaako, Von.

Aiea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Judged:

dudealohajeo wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they dream of being homeless in Hawaii, even in 59 degree weather, with lips turning blue, and their daughters freezing their okole's off behind a warehouse in Kakaako, Von.
Hi gay friend :)

No men friends to hold hands with up there.

Still hitting on me. I am very impressed, but I am NOT gay. So beat it!!
makaiman

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Judged:

The REAL HNL zoo is accross the street in tents! And that's free to all! Visit and weep!
Island Boi

Waipahu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Mufi has even bigger plans on raising money from parking meters. He realizes very few people carry enough change to feed meters at $1.50 an hour for several hours. Solution, a proposal to add credit card skimmers to every meter then charging a $5 "processing fee" for every time you swipe. Hey, someone has to pay for hooking up the meters to the grid. He is giddy about the money this will bring in. Ahhh just another day in the little third world of Hawaii Nei.
kailuaresident

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Judged:

Island Boi wrote:
Mufi has even bigger plans on raising money from parking meters. He realizes very few people carry enough change to feed meters at $1.50 an hour for several hours. Solution, a proposal to add credit card skimmers to every meter then charging a $5 "processing fee" for every time you swipe. Hey, someone has to pay for hooking up the meters to the grid. He is giddy about the money this will bring in. Ahhh just another day in the little third world of Hawaii Nei.
Why do you just make things up?

Since: Sep 08

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Judged:

Lady complaining about the Senate committee process:

That's how it's done with ALL Senate committees, not just this one, so don't get your panties all in a bunch, eh.

As an aside, it's not such an extraordinary measure that it needs to be pulled from committee anyway. If anything, the issue should be put to a citizen's vote or addressed in a Con/Con, so it can be decided once & for all - NOT annually subjected to the whims of gay/liberal/clueless Senators & lobyists, who, by the way, DON'T speak for the majority of the voters in Hawaii.
alice

Pahoa, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Judged:

I don';t own a car but I have been there on the bus.
UnCivil Unions

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Judged:

Hey Yoshie !

Some 'Lifestyle' eh ? ;)

By Conor Berry, Berkshire Eagle Staff
Updated: 03/13/2009 08:51:53 PM EDT

Thursday, March 12
PITTSFIELD — A woman who allegedly intended to artificially inseminate her wife with her brother's semen has been charged with domestic assault and battery.
Pittsfield police responded to a call shortly before 4:30 p.m. Tuesday in the city's Morningside neighborhood, where the assault allegedly occurred.

Stephanie K. Lighten, 26, was released on personal recognizance after denying the allegations in Central Berkshire District Court Wednesday morning.

Jennifer A. Lighten, 33, told police that Stephanie Lighten, her wife, was "all liquored up" when she returned to their Lincoln Street apartment, where the defendant then allegedly tried to use a syringe to inseminate her, according to a police report.

Jennifer told investigating officers that Stephanie "has been talking about trying to impregnate (her) for some time," police said.

According to a report by Pittsfield Police Officer Kipp D. Steinman: "Jennifer said that Stephanie had a 'turkey baster and her brother's semen in a sealed container.' Jennifer said she told Stephanie that she didn't want to get pregnant." The device was actually a large syringe with a catheter tip, police said, and it was still in its original package when officers confiscated the item.

That's allegedly when Stephanie threw Jennifer on the couch, grabbed at her clothes and threatened to impregnate her, police said.
Island Boi

Waipahu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

kailuaresideout a nt, where have you been? Have you never left the islands? I made up nothing. On the mainland in some cities you will find a central payment machine on some streets and no parking meters. On some you enter the parking area # and on others you just enter the time you want to use the parking area, the machine charges your card and prints out a receipt you must post on your dashboard, inside the car, then off you go. Receipt shows when your time is up. Some machines are programed to call parking enforcement when time is up. kailuaresident, you need to get out more, get off the islands and see what is going on in the real world, not our third world. Ahhhh, another day in the Nei.
alice

Pahoa, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Judged:

well look. men do compete for access to female gene pools. I see that right here in UH. Let them comete and they are not getting mine.

Aiea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Judged:

alice wrote:
well look. men do compete for access to female gene pools. I see that right here in UH. Let them comete and they are not getting mine.
Going to a University may be detrimental to ones health?

Once you go into the real world you must re-learn everything all over again.

Just because one may have a PHd does not mean he or she is normal and can function on the outside.

I have a PHd in Judo
Seriously

Pearl City, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Island Boi wrote:
Thats a good one..you got the inside scoop on this one.. Thanks ...use a credit card for a couple hours parking to go to the zoo. Smart
give me a break

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Judged:

MARK TERRY----

GOOD POST----YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD, IT SHOULD BE MUFI'S HEAD SO HE WILL DELAY HIS LEGACY TRAIN, WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL?????????

I GUESS MUFI HAS MADE TOO MANY COMMITTMENTS TO HIS "GANG OF SUPPORTERS", SO THEY ARE LOOKING FOR THEIR PAYOFFS (FROM THE MUFSTER)-----

REMEMBER, YOU HAVE TO PAY TO PLAY (THE GAME OF POLITICS).........

Still from Kaneohe...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Hauula Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hauula People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hauula News, Events & Info