A mother's plea

A mother's plea

There are 73 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from May 11, 2008, titled A mother's plea. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Hauula has come together to help single mom Hollie Nakachi pay major medical expenses for her baby girl, Tahlia Umiamaka, who was born with three holes in her heart five months ago and has been in and out of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Rubba Slippa Man

AOL

#61 Nov 18, 2008
Yes, the young girl needs help!!!!!!!! Help if you can.
Setting it RIGHT

Honolulu, HI

#62 Nov 20, 2008
Why do you people insist on calling decent people haters...so you are saying that because she goes to church she has the right to abuse her son???? If she is SOO GREAT & such a BLESSED woman then where is her 1st born son???? Why are all of her kids from 4 different men???? She goes, makes mistakes, looks for pity, gets away with ABUSE and is treated as if she walks on water!!! And by the way - I AM THE WORKING MOTHER OF 2....I BUST MY BUTT EVERY DAY TO PROVIDE FOR MY KIDS - I GO TO CHURCH EVERY WEEK - I HAVE MY FAITH IN GOD BUT I DO NOT DEPEND ON ANYONE TO TAKE CARE OF WHAT I NEED, I GO & GET IT WITH HARD WORK, FAITH & DETERMINATION...We ALL walk in Hollie's shoes in our own ways - everyone has hard times...you need to look at WHY she continues to have hard times come her way...is it because she is this "ANGEL" that all of you continue to say she is???? No one is without faults - we all have them - even you have them, but it's what we do to overcome them that prove what kind of people we are. I have experienced first hand the bitterness, deceit, cruelty and concern for only what benefits her. Let's recap things to remind you about your "HOLIER THAN THOU" Hollie - first son taken away(FACT), 2nd child from someone else, 3rd child from ex-husband whom Hollie took away, 4th child from yet another man (never heard of birth control has she....why don't you look up Planned Parenthood or go spend a few dollars on birth control)
hold up

Honolulu, HI

#64 Nov 20, 2008
This women busted her butt for years to. in fact since she was 19. She raised all of them HERSELF. and she is still raising 3 herself. what happened with her son was misfortunate. but that does not mean that she has to continue to relive the past, which you guys seem to keep on badgering her about. I hope nothing like this ever happens to anyone of your children. For the one that made the comment about walking in her shoes now, I tell you something the load that this women carries and does not have anger towards you for your comments I commend her. in fact I can be the first to say I AM NOT ABLE TO WALK IN YOUR SHOES HOLLIE! I would probable be put in a looney bin.
Keith

Honolulu, HI

#65 Nov 20, 2008
every one learns from their mistakes and I am the first to say that instead of staying down in your sorrows that you need to stand up and continue to walk with Christ. I know of 38 different pastors that have a history far more worst then hers, but you condemn this women for walking with God and trying her best to stay on track. I have met Hollie at a convention and she is a bubbly women with a lot of joy and love. In the Bible it says to love unconditionally and she has ministered to me in her own way. She has never asked for pity or sorrow from anyone. This article was put on by the people that did the kickball tournament. This women is involved with so many faith based projects evolved around families that I too commend her and instead of judging her for what happened in the past I will continue to lift her up in prayer that she will continue her walk.
HMMMM

Honolulu, HI

#66 Nov 20, 2008
Isn't it say somewhere in the bible about being under constant attack when you are walking With Christ??? so for the women that posted the comment about her constant hard times. I think you should look at your own walk, because even Jesus christ was under constant attack. so if you are all happy with your situation then you must be GOD/////
TRUTH

Honolulu, HI

#67 Nov 20, 2008
All of you guys are calling her an abuser, but yet from knowing her in high school. I know that there is more to this story then all you haters are posting. like her are some facts for you. 1- Hollie was raped by her older sons dad for years she was 14 he was 32. she had tried numberous time to take her life because of this man. I witnessed a handful of times that he would tell her a lot of psychological abuse and it would really piss me off, because she always wanted to just get away from him but he would continue to badger her. Did anyone ever really know as to what happened with the 1st son meaning the TRUTH. not all these lies that people are posting.
please2

Honolulu, HI

#68 Nov 20, 2008
I wonder if the person that is postig the rubbish about hollie is the girlfriend of her soon to be ex husband. if it is lets turn the tables shall we first aren't you still married to your husband, don't you party like a rocksta. isn't her husband supporting you and your kids that is why he can only pay her 50. child support for his daughter that we have to bribe to go with him.
Setting it RIGHT

Honolulu, HI

#69 Nov 23, 2008
please2 wrote:
I wonder if the person that is postig the rubbish about hollie is the girlfriend of her soon to be ex husband. if it is lets turn the tables shall we first aren't you still married to your husband, don't you party like a rocksta. isn't her husband supporting you and your kids that is why he can only pay her 50. child support for his daughter that we have to bribe to go with him.
NO - I am not someone's girlfriend - I knew Hollie in high school & she was a bully then and is still one now.
Setting it RIGHT

Honolulu, HI

#70 Nov 23, 2008
hold up wrote:
This women busted her butt for years to. in fact since she was 19. She raised all of them HERSELF. and she is still raising 3 herself. what happened with her son was misfortunate. but that does not mean that she has to continue to relive the past, which you guys seem to keep on badgering her about. I hope nothing like this ever happens to anyone of your children. For the one that made the comment about walking in her shoes now, I tell you something the load that this women carries and does not have anger towards you for your comments I commend her. in fact I can be the first to say I AM NOT ABLE TO WALK IN YOUR SHOES HOLLIE! I would probable be put in a looney bin.
Will everyone stop pitying on this woman...yes, she has problems (most of which she created herself) Where's her mother (who by the way, owns her own business)...where's her common sense???? Give the real help & pity to her youngest daughter - the one who needs it...
omg

Kaneohe, HI

#71 Nov 24, 2008
Setting it RIGHT wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew Hollie in high school & she was a bully then and is still one now.
that is funny when Hollie was hardly in school. btw she does not even live in kaneohe, she moved out of that town. she is doing great in hauula. If you consider helping people bullying people that you are right on
omg

Kaneohe, HI

#72 Nov 24, 2008
Setting it RIGHT wrote:
<quoted text>
Will everyone stop pitying on this woman...yes, she has problems (most of which she created herself) Where's her mother (who by the way, owns her own business)...where's her common sense???? Give the real help & pity to her youngest daughter - the one who needs it...
This whole thing was about baby Tahlia and people like you put comments out like these. Idiots, where is your common sense?
Her grandma, is in babys life and has helped with a lot of things, and because she owns her own company that means that she is supposed to pay 375,000? I don't know what world you live in but it sure looks like not in reality. so you are saying to sell her company, that way she can put the money down for her surgery and then not have no income after that. DID YOU GRADUATE<<<< Because it looks like you have no common sense period. Who ever you are needs to go back and put yourself in check. BTW did you donate??? Probably not!!!! but yet you talk about this poor baby..... you are a hypocrite
Someone

Kaneohe, HI

#73 Nov 24, 2008
I KNEW HOLLIE IN SCHOOL. SHE WAS NOT A BULLY, I CAN NAME YOU THE BULLIES IN SCHOOL. SHE WAS NOT ONE OF THEM
Manu tahi

Makawao, HI

#74 Dec 21, 2008
Maikai loa wrote:
Bu--always there to help someone in need.
I agree with you totally, Bu is such a nice man and he is always there to help anyone in need. Even if it isn't much, he will try and help a little. He is one of those few angels we have here on in Hawaii. I'm so glad he is in my life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hauula Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Keeping kids smiling - Business (Apr '09) Aug '17 yasmine zazi 4
Laie Music Thread Aug '17 Musikologist 1
Punalu'u Music Thread (Aug '13) Jun '17 Musikologist 11
News Alleged crime boss dies (May '08) Jan '17 Ben 35
News Police / Fire - News (Dec '08) Oct '16 bill brown 5
News Colleagues, students honor beloved teacher - Ha... (Aug '09) Oct '16 Kevyn 12
News City cites Hauula property owner allegedly runn... (Aug '09) Oct '15 District 1 139

Hauula Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hauula Mortgages