Bud Harrelson's son gets probation se...

Bud Harrelson's son gets probation sentence

There are 88 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 23, 2007, titled Bud Harrelson's son gets probation sentence. In it, Newsday reports that:

Troy "T.J." Harrelson, the son of former New York Met Bud Harrelson, was sentenced to probation and community service Monday for helping his best friend, Zachary Gibian, get rid of the samurai sword prosecutors ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
shameless-li

Denver, CO

#1 Apr 23, 2007
quote...."Gibian entered Harrelson's car carrying a garbage bag containing the bloody sword and Gibian's clothes and confessed to Harrelson about what he had just done, Harrelson testified. Together, they drove to a nearby shopping center and disposed of the bag in a garbage container, Harrelson testified."

quote..."He completed a 28-day rehab stint and has been sober for nearly four months."

Sorry but he helped his friend dispose of evidence, he deserves more than a 28 day stint in rehab, he deserves 28 years in jail just like anyone else with get.
I guess the judge and jury will be getting lifetime DUCKS tickets.
Stony Brook NY

Bound Brook, NJ

#2 Apr 23, 2007
Bud, I wish you and your son best of luck, but 28 days in rehab just isn't enough.
Bob

Durham, NC

#4 Apr 23, 2007
He cooperated. He saw the right way and did, at the time, what he thought was helping a friend. People make mistakes. 28 years? Are you serious?
unreal

Melville, NY

#6 Apr 23, 2007
Being rich and famous always pays off
Educated Fan

Shreveport, LA

#9 Apr 23, 2007
Uh Duh! Bud Harrelson is white and not black!
helen

San Jose, CA

#11 Apr 23, 2007
he got away with murder should serve time in jail his father has a big influence on the outcome of this, he is guilty. If it was a black person he wold have gotten jail time. where is the justice system heading towards.
nick

Englewood, CO

#12 Apr 23, 2007
What a surprise!A New York celebrity's son gets off,while the average guy would rot in jail.Yes,
there IS a double standard of justice-one for
celebrities and their families,and one for everone else.Both of them should be in the slammer!
shameless-li

Denver, CO

#13 Apr 23, 2007
newsday reader wrote:
<quoted text>what BLACK person do you know that would have got away with that? NONE! money does pay off! the average joe would be sitting behind bars white black purple or green.
OJ SIMPSON
Sean Avery

United States

#14 Apr 23, 2007
Dont be fooled by the Harrelson's with there camps and MEts and Ducks. These are not good people.
Hopefully saved

Valley Stream, NY

#15 Apr 23, 2007
I wish Troy good luck. Maybe this was his wake up call. Yes, what he did was wrong, but he did not commit the murder. Hopefully, this is a start to his making himself better, and maybe we saved another kid, who is our future. I say help him and give him support so he can suceed. He has it him to do well.
skootch

Brooklyn, NY

#16 Apr 23, 2007
The Harrelson's are really nice people.

T.J. didn't know what was in the bag when it was being disposed of (read Gibians sworn statement)

I could see my kid doing something stupid like this to help a friend--especially with all the drugs the kid was doing.

I have no idea how every forum here turns into a race issue...talk about the topic, don't look for what isn't there.
Gimme a break

Corona Del Mar, CA

#17 Apr 23, 2007
shameless-li wrote:
<quoted text>
OJ SIMPSON
GOOD ANSWER & ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!!
NY GIrl

Brentwood, NY

#18 Apr 23, 2007
lets not be jealous just because they have money, if he had not been famous or had money he may have gotten the same sentence so lets not attack someone just because they are well off...
Stony Brook NY

Bound Brook, NJ

#19 Apr 23, 2007
Hopefully saved wrote:
I wish Troy good luck. Maybe this was his wake up call. Yes, what he did was wrong, but he did not commit the murder. Hopefully, this is a start to his making himself better, and maybe we saved another kid, who is our future. I say help him and give him support so he can suceed. He has it him to do well.
I agree with you - but, 28 days in rehab is not enough - the average stay is at least 90 days, and that probably isn't enough!! This kid apparently had serious problems, he needs SERIOUS help.
lulubell

Potomac, MD

#21 Apr 23, 2007
skootch wrote:
The Harrelson's are really nice people.
T.J. didn't know what was in the bag when it was being disposed of (read Gibians sworn statement)
I could see my kid doing something stupid like this to help a friend--especially with all the drugs the kid was doing.
I have no idea how every forum here turns into a race issue...talk about the topic, don't look for what isn't there.
I agree with you, why does it seem like there are so few reasonable people on these blogs?
Zeus

Durham, NC

#22 Apr 23, 2007
Sean Avery wrote:
Dont be fooled by the Harrelson's with there camps and MEts and Ducks. These are not good people.
Who are you Sean?
roxy

Jamaica, NY

#23 Apr 23, 2007
I am so glad to read that troy has recieved treatment........sooooo glad another life is saved from the ravages of drug use.

Hopefully he will stay on the path to goodness and never backslide.

If you listen, you will be guided to what you are to do with your life....good luck troy
Sean Avery

United States

#24 Apr 23, 2007
Zeus wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you Sean?
Dont worry about who i am. I used to know them. They think who the hell they are. They dont care about anyone else.
The truth is out

Hauppauge, NY

#25 Apr 23, 2007
Cue PeteF rant about Suffolk County DA's office in 3..2..
DeerSlayer

Albany, NY

#26 Apr 23, 2007
helen wrote:
he got away with murder should serve time in jail his father has a big influence on the outcome of this, he is guilty. If it was a black person he wold have gotten jail time. where is the justice system heading towards.
Murder? he didn't kill anyone! did you READ the article or just going on instinct here? He also cooperated to get a strong conviction on the person who DID kill someone. He never even knew about it till the other guy already did it. God you "if he was black" people need to give it a rest!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hauppauge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islip Town board member eyes Assembly run 1 hr steve 12
Murder 1995 - 1996 (Mar '07) Fri Boiler Room 38
News Islip IDA proposes tax breaks to keep 3 busines... Fri stand up 9
News Two top Islip Town officials resign; one to tak... (Sep '15) Fri stand up 9
News Islip approves capital budget to help ambulance... Fri get real 12
News Man busted for burgarly spree in Smithtown (Mar '07) Thu GOP 33
all drownings (Jun '07) Feb 23 High Cheif Raconk... 32

Hauppauge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hauppauge Mortgages