Cops: Smithtown music teacher raped g...

Cops: Smithtown music teacher raped girl -

There are 134 comments on the Newsday story from Oct 10, 2007, titled Cops: Smithtown music teacher raped girl -. In it, Newsday reports that:

A Smithtown music instructor has been arrested for allegedly raping a 15-year-old girl he met through one of his students, Suffolk police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Outraged

Amityville, NY

#4 Oct 10, 2007
This is not a woman, its a child. A child is not capable of consenting to sex with an adult. A child is not capable of having a "fling" with a grown man.
This man preyed upon and used this child.
I hate that a filthy pig of an adult would ever think to put his hands on a child to fulfill his sexual thrills.
There are plenty of adults in this world to find a willing partner among.
Prey upon a little girl, and yes to a 29 year old a fifteen year old is a little girl, and you will go to jail.
Outraged

Amityville, NY

#7 Oct 10, 2007
It's not a different ballgame.
She's a child and she should be able to reach adulthood without a grown man using her for sex.
What's horrible is that a teacher would engage in such immoral and damaging behavior to a child.
POOR GUY

Turkey

#8 Oct 10, 2007
He was just looking for love in all the wrong places.
Susie-Q

Brentwood, NY

#9 Oct 10, 2007
One BIG TIME loser!!! While this "teacher" may think that it was okay because the girl acted more mature, or was very attractive, it's plain disgusting. The age difference is huge when someone is only a teenager. The teenager may not think so, but the 29 year old has been around as an adult long enough to know better. I'm glad he's not related to me.
Dave from Islandia

Passaic, NJ

#11 Oct 10, 2007
Hen isnt na real teacher, he teaches at a music store. I could claim to teach landscaping because I own a lawnmower too. This guy is just sleeze. If it were your 15 year old daughter or sister, would it still be a different game? Castrate him!!!
noodnick holmes

United States

#12 Oct 10, 2007
do you notice that when a male gets has sex with one of his underage students its called rape. but when women teachers have sex with their underage male students its called "a tryst" by the media. either way are wrong and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent.
Weight of the World

Bronx, NY

#13 Oct 10, 2007
Outraged wrote:
It's not a different ballgame.
She's a child and she should be able to reach adulthood without a grown man using her for sex.
What's horrible is that a teacher would engage in such immoral and damaging behavior to a child.
So you're saying forcible rape is just as bad as statutory rape? What a sick thought process you have.
29 to 15 is lame

Panama City, FL

#14 Oct 10, 2007
Pete

Highland, NY

#16 Oct 10, 2007
confused wrote:
I hate that they call this crime rape when real rape would damage any woman way worse than a 4 month fling she voluntary engaged in.
She is under age so it's statutory rape.
kacey

Holtsville, NY

#17 Oct 10, 2007
oiram ifnab wrote:
Why do we waste the taxpayer's money on [email protected] like music & physical education? The little [email protected] can't read and write.
Hey you stupid F*&K!!!! This jerk DID NOT work in a school. If you ever went to one you would know that!!!!
Mary D

Bronx, NY

#18 Oct 10, 2007
PLEASE NOTE: HE IS NOT A TEACHER IN THE SMITHTOWN SCHOOL DISTRICT!!!!!!!!! The headline is very misleading! He's an employee at the music store who gives lessons, and the girl that he was with was not even one of his clients. This story is VERY misleading! Leave it to Newsday to spin things the way they do to create sensationalism. What he did was very obviously WRONG - but I can imagine that a ton of people are going to spread rumors that a Smithtown music teacher did this when it's not true.
confused

Milford, CT

#19 Oct 10, 2007
Mary D wrote:
PLEASE NOTE: HE IS NOT A TEACHER IN THE SMITHTOWN SCHOOL DISTRICT!!!!!!!!! The headline is very misleading! He's an employee at the music store who gives lessons, and the girl that he was with was not even one of his clients. This story is VERY misleading! Leave it to Newsday to spin things the way they do to create sensationalism. What he did was very obviously WRONG - but I can imagine that a ton of people are going to spread rumors that a Smithtown music teacher did this when it's not true.
I wish you had the ability to print this over the Newsday headline. It is such poor reporting to try to get readers by misleading the public like this.

The headline makes people think that it was a forcable rape by Smithtown school district teacher. In fact it was statutory rape by a guy who works in a music store.
Paul Dopeman

Brooklyn, NY

#21 Oct 10, 2007
Wow hot stuff in the fancy Smithtown School District!! Must have been the son of somebody to get the job.
micky

Bronx, NY

#23 Oct 10, 2007
Inmates have children.This guy will be target in jail.Probably rightfully so.
Watch the Kids

Mount Arlington, NJ

#24 Oct 10, 2007
This should be a leason to all parents to keep a careful eye on their kids when they are with their music teachers, coaches, etc.
Let's not forget about Nicholas Panos in Setauket who was arrested for similar activities with his students.
The soccer trainer arrested for relationship with a teen.
predator

Commack, NY

#25 Oct 10, 2007
Weight of the World wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying forcible rape is just as bad as statutory rape? What a sick thought process you have.
We should all keep it simple, RAPE IS RAPE! The idea of a minor, whether consensual or not means nothing because that person is not capable of emotionally dealing with a adult aged predator who is manipulative, threatening, consoling, befriending,etc. This young kid is almost certainly physcologically damaged for many years to come, and will have much therapy toward any recovery for a normal life. This rapist, youth predator should never see the light of day; they don't rehabilitate but just destroy others if allowed eventual parole.
oiram ifnab

Englewood, CO

#26 Oct 10, 2007
newsday owes an apology to smithtown schools, but it is still a waste of money.
A Ehl

Medford, NY

#27 Oct 10, 2007
I can't believe a great district like SMITHTOWN would hire such an animal. What happened to the screening process?
Rob

Huntington, NY

#28 Oct 10, 2007
Doesn't she deserve ANY responsibility in all of this? After all, it's not as if she was 10 years old. There was a time when 15 year olds could get married in New York State. Now, if they have sex with anyone over 17, it's considered rape. I don't get it.
MISLEADINGNEWSDA Y

Bronx, NY

#30 Oct 10, 2007
Paul Dopeman wrote:
Wow hot stuff in the fancy Smithtown School District!! Must have been the son of somebody to get the job.
Once again, Newsday wants to bash teachers...however, this isn't a teacher in one of our schools. He's a guy who works in a Smithtown music store. You people really need to read carefully!! Media Spindoctors at it again....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hauppauge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 21 hr Bruser 2,762
News Fire Island: Ocean Beach (Jun '07) Sep 23 Negoish 2
News SCPD Video: Suspect Made Off With $2300 in iPho... Sep 19 Kingriker 1
Ronkonkomo Sep 14 SmokinJoe 1
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Sep 13 Jewel_and_Kaymac k 1,483
Looking for a male english bulldog to mate with... (Feb '13) Sep 12 bulldog lover 101
News Many oldies acts are 'great pretenders' - (Aug '07) Sep 11 Kissr 30

Hauppauge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hauppauge Mortgages