United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Luke cage wrote:
<quoted text>yes this will be an up hill battle, but we will be working hard to get out the vote, let's pull together RPSO and convince the voter's of our dedication to service
When is it?
Vote NO

Pineville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Nothing like a die hard Obama Democrat like Hilton himself wanting to renew taxes. Hilton is a tax and political spend Democrat. Taxed Enough Already!
Vote NO

Pineville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

May 4th! I am sure no one wants anyone to know about it. MAY 4TH MAY 4TH MAY 4TH
really

Pineville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

seriously? Another renewal? Not like we havn't been taxed out our butts, especially with Obama. Now Hilton wants us to renew a tax after the colosium and library tax. Give me a break!
ABM Inc

Pineville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

really wrote:
seriously? Another renewal? Not like we havn't been taxed out our butts, especially with Obama. Now Hilton wants us to renew a tax after the colosium and library tax. Give me a break!
Does anyone really believe that if Chuck would have won he would not be promoting the passage of this property tax RENEWAL?
Luke cage

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

You people bellyache about everything until you need the service provided by the tax. Have you even researched the tax to see what services is provided by it. When You do, list which of the service provided you researched you are willing to see done away with.
just a thought

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

When somebody breaks into your home and you call 911 and it takes somebody 20 to 30 minutes to get there because they are on a call and there's only two deputies working on a certain side of the parish at a time what will you say about that tax then when you're getting robbed Beaten or even killed. When the tax goes away So do your services. The deputies will not be as many as there were in the parish to help cover. The parish will go downhill because the crime rate will exceed substantially. You are already paying this tax it will cost you more in the long run to vote it down.
Luke cage

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

ABM Inc wrote:
<quoted text>Does anyone really believe that if Chuck would have won he would not be promoting the passage of this property tax RENEWAL?
Remember he wasn't a politician, and it takes political savvy to get this done. BUT SINCE HE WAS a working Sheriff, he could cover the zone s that would be short-handed, the jails that would be short-handed and many other services that would be short.
Woodworth

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

just a thought wrote:
When somebody breaks into your home and you call 911 and it takes somebody 20 to 30 minutes to get there because they are on a call and there's only two deputies working on a certain side of the parish at a time what will you say about that tax then when you're getting robbed Beaten or even killed. When the tax goes away So do your services. The deputies will not be as many as there were in the parish to help cover. The parish will go downhill because the crime rate will exceed substantially. You are already paying this tax it will cost you more in the long run to vote it down.
Man we have this already with the tax. So there will be no need for renewal.
Woodworth

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Calling on the voters to defeat tax renewal. Time to trim the dead weight out of RPSO. All them political hires and raises Hilton handed out need to go. Now he is crying to get the tax renewal only to support his wild spending.
ABM Inc

Pineville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Luke cage wrote:
You people bellyache about everything until you need the service provided by the tax. Have you even researched the tax to see what services is provided by it. When You do, list which of the service provided you researched you are willing to see done away with.
HUH???
Red on the butt

Pineville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

RPSO has dead weight now and it had it 10 years ago. THey can get more uniformed deputies in cars answering calls and do with a lot less supervisors. What they pay a captain and major and chief they can pay a patrol deputy. The detectives have too many deadheads not working for their keep either. Too much rank, very little work in return. There is and always has been dead weight. It is politics. There are many great people working there and are doing their work but too many have that "I have paid my dues" attitude and just draw a check.
just a thought

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

You have that in every department but if you defeat the tax then the small towns that need help won't get it. Hilton has detectives helping the smaller towns so that so much work won't fall back on the sheriffs office. You also have a lot of good deputies that will loose their jobs. Lets not forget to that many asked for the j debedie prison workers to keep their jobs where do you think they went. So you want to defeat the tax the. Don't complain when you need a sheriff deputy and they are to busy to get to you.
come on

Pineville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Woodworth wrote:
Calling on the voters to defeat tax renewal. Time to trim the dead weight out of RPSO. All them political hires and raises Hilton handed out need to go. Now he is crying to get the tax renewal only to support his wild spending.
You do realize that this is not a new tax right? It's a renewal of one that everyone has been paying for the last 30 years and comes up every 15 for renewal? And how big of an asshole do you have to be to just want to defeat it because you whine about dead heads. It won't be the dead heads that get cut......it'll be the ones that do work hard and need a job. Your pathetic to wanna bring down RPSO so damn bad because you didn't get your way in the election you cryin ass bitch.
TEA

Pineville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

just a thought wrote:
Yes, fearmongering at its best. "Pay us or you will surely die."
Woodworth

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

come on wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that this is not a new tax right? It's a renewal of one that everyone has been paying for the last 30 years and comes up every 15 for renewal? And how big of an asshole do you have to be to just want to defeat it because you whine about dead heads. It won't be the dead heads that get cut......it'll be the ones that do work hard and need a job. Your pathetic to wanna bring down RPSO so damn bad because you didn't get your way in the election you cryin ass bitch.
Yep it is a renewal. Needs to be defeated. And what is in it for you?
just a thought

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

TEA wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, fearmongering at its best. "Pay us or you will surely die."
Ok so you will mostly likely be the first person to complain when someone gets hurt and say that we need more deputies but are not prepared to pay for them. This tax has been there for a while it is a renewal not a new tax. If you are tired of paying taxes join the sovereigns citizens and be an outlaw.
come on

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Woodworth wrote:
<quoted text>Yep it is a renewal. Needs to be defeated. And what is in it for you?
My job to support my family??
Lori buxton laprairie

Deville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Help wrote:
Bobby Cameron will never be Sheriff!!alexandria is 52-53 % black, The rest of the parish is way less than that! If he got every black vote in the parish it would not be enough to elect him! The rural areas have consistently through the years been anti black! Cameron and Creecy are responsible for all the positions being given to the blacks!
Bobby would have a lot more than just the black vote he would have mixed votes and plenty white voters he is so well respected and looked up to by everyone in this city I know I would be first in line to vote for Cameron and would brings many other white mixed and black voters with me if he ran he would win!!!!!
Lori buxton laprairie

Deville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Bobby has served this community with various departments and deserves to be the next sheriff and I definitely hope he runs he would also be the beat sheriff this community could ever hope for !!!'

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Haughton Discussions

Search the Haughton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you want to be the next District Attorne... 47 min just lookin in 58
Pineville City Court Marshal 3 hr 1vote42 1
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 19 hr Living Wage 2,637
Holy Savior Menard??? Tue Concerned 1
Rapides Sheriff's Office prostitution operation... Jul 20 What a sham 1
Alexandria sting results in 17 arrests on solic... Jul 18 TreeFrog 15
Bossier's seat moved in the dead of night Feb '14 forgotton history 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Haughton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••