Deer dogs back as U.S. Forest Service withdraws ban for Kisatchie

Dec 4, 2012 Full story: The Town Talk 51

The U.S. Forest Service on Monday withdrew -- for now -- its proposed ban of using dogs to hunt deer on the federal forest lands of Kisatchie National Park in Louisiana.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
me

Oklahoma City, OK

#43 May 15, 2013
Txninla wrote:
<quoted text>If I'm trepassing on your property and harassing your deer, please feel free! Those dogs were killed in an instant. Why do feel the need to leave maimed and in pain. Is that going to somehow teach me a lesson?

Are you missing 2 dogs? I'll be happy to get you your collars.
"Your" deer? Since when do they have name tags?
Know how they operate

Cottonport, LA

#44 May 19, 2013
me wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what I don't understand, these "private land owners" the gripe about dogs running over their stand while running deer, damn sure don't waste any time shooting at the deer they are running!! The deer don't have name tags on them. They don't belong to these specific group of people. If its still legal for people to hunt with dogs, then suck it up buttercup and give it up for a few days if they don't like it. My comments aren't to one person in particular, it's for everyone on this thread griping about it. Shooting someone's dogs--what are you like, 6 years old?! Grow up! When it's illegal, ill stop. Shoot my kids dogs, and get ready for my wrath. And yes, I am a woman who loves to still hunt, dog hunt, and the sport of hunting. I hear more griping from men about this than I do from women in general. It's only a few days, get over it......
Reckon the way to solve that problem is shoot the deer, then shoot the dog. Most of the dogs running deer across private land and hunting leases is on purpose. To get rid of the snake you cut the head off.
me

New Iberia, LA

#45 May 20, 2013
Know how they operate wrote:
<quoted text>Reckon the way to solve that problem is shoot the deer, then shoot the dog. Most of the dogs running deer across private land and hunting leases is on purpose. To get rid of the snake you cut the head off.
Not most of the time. There are those few idiots who do it on purpose. But not all of us are like that. We have trackers on our dogs and try our best to not let that happen. But, they're dogs, so we've had it happen before-and we would never shoot the deer on private land. Unfortunately, there are the idiots who ruin it for the rest of us. But, I hate that my dog could get shot because some other idiot sends his in there on purpose. I totally agree with the owner of the dog who does it on purpose getting his ass whipped! But not the dog.
Know how they operate

Cottonport, LA

#46 May 20, 2013
me wrote:
<quoted text>
Not most of the time. There are those few idiots who do it on purpose. But not all of us are like that. We have trackers on our dogs and try our best to not let that happen. But, they're dogs, so we've had it happen before-and we would never shoot the deer on private land. Unfortunately, there are the idiots who ruin it for the rest of us. But, I hate that my dog could get shot because some other idiot sends his in there on purpose. I totally agree with the owner of the dog who does it on purpose getting his ass whipped! But not the dog.
Thank you. Excellent reply.I would chose the ass whipping solution rather than take it out on the dog.
voutgfd

Pittsburgh, PA

#47 Jun 3, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ………… Lucky It Is ok
Dustin

Alexandria, LA

#48 Jun 23, 2013
Big deal. The chances of being seen by a forestry service ranger in Kisatchie are one in a million.
No More Deer Dog Days

Ville Platte, LA

#49 Dec 4, 2013
Hats off to the Federal Judge who had the backbone to rule no more dog hunting on Kisatchie Land. Now the hunting clubs can breathe relief that deer dogs will not have free run in our clubs. Remember, Obama went in based on change. So we can share the wealth and not worry about having the Doe and Fawn population being eradicated by some groups of the dog hunters.
Cenla hunter

Alexandria, LA

#50 Dec 8, 2013
You know I laugh pretty hard when I read about folks shooting deer hounds. They talk about slob hunters and guys running up and down the road. What makes you any better when you shoot a dog? I am neighbored by clubs that run dogs and occasionally a dog will run a deer onto my property and will run deer on my property. If I can I catch the hound and return him to his owner. Why? Because a dog cant read a posted sign, see paint on a tree or understand why a fence may be there.
Sure there are some guys who run hounds and do it in a very unsportsmanlike fashion, but dont let one bad apple spoil the bunch. We are living in very delicate political times, and if we start banning some methods of hunting, before we know it all methods of hunting will be banned.
Oh and I wish you would come to the hills of Mississippi and shoot a hound, you would likely find your self stuffed down a stump hole.
dog days from way back

United States

#51 Dec 9, 2013
You are dummies…they are running dogs just a few days out of the year!!! It takes a skilled person to train a dog to run deer like they do…Jealous anyone??? Get you a dog or two and join in the fun or stay home or better yet go back home. Those residents in Kitsatchie are probably newbie’s. Years ago none of the residents complained, they actually like to see us come, we helped their business! I don’t know what has happened but I would be willing to bet the complainers are not of the ole crew from back in the 70’s 80’s and 90’s…those are the days we ran dogs and had so much fun!!!Get over yourself tree huggers!
me

Donaldsonville, LA

#52 Dec 11, 2013
dog days from way back wrote:
You are dummiesÂ…they are running dogs just a few days out of the year!!! It takes a skilled person to train a dog to run deer like they doÂ…Jealous anyone??? Get you a dog or two and join in the fun or stay home or better yet go back home. Those residents in Kitsatchie are probably newbieÂ’s. Years ago none of the residents complained, they actually like to see us come, we helped their business! I donÂ’t know what has happened but I would be willing to bet the complainers are not of the ole crew from back in the 70Â’s 80Â’s and 90Â’sÂ…those are the days we ran dogs and had so much fun!!!Get over yourself tree huggers!
I agree 100%!!!!

Woodworth, LA

#53 Dec 16, 2013
ever tried to eat a deer that has been run by dogs? Old boar hog meat is better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haughton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alexandria Music Thread (Mar '14) 15 hr Musikologist 3
Doug Selman 16 hr Ripped Off 5
Adult film actresses needed!! (Jun '12) Tue Esther Winfield A... 35
Landrieu built legacy of helping state recover Tue Alexandria Resident 2
Wilbert J Saucier, Jr. Vs Robert E Washington, ... Tue Mall shopper 8
You Gotta Be Kidding Dec 22 Mall shopper 1
Where'd everyone go Dec 19 Mall shopper 1
Haughton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Haughton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Haughton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Haughton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:06 am PST

NBC Sports10:06AM
DeMarco Murray practicing for Cowboys
Yahoo! Sports10:12 AM
Redskins' RG3 limited with sprained shoulder
NBC Sports 2:07 PM
Why aren't other teams lining up for Jason Garrett?
Yahoo! Sports 2:25 PM
Romo's best version looking good for Cowboys
NBC Sports 4:20 PM
Saints offense could face changes after season - NBC Sports