Review: RE-Entry Solutions Center

Review: RE-Entry Solutions Center

Posted in the Haughton Forum

Brenda Dozier

Alexandria, LA

#1 Aug 30, 2013
I'm asking for your assistance in guiding me in the right direction to get help in the release of Norman Dozier Jr. In 1997, at the age of 24 years old Norman was convicted of second degree murder and sentenced to life imprisonment without the benefit of parole, probation or suspension of sentence. He was wrongfully convicted on the word of a known drug addicts, no evidence was found against him.

He has spent the last 17 years at Louisiana State Pentitary. I met him 2 years ago and not only have I been a blessing to him, but he has been a blessing too me as well. Norman has achieved several accomplishments while incarcerated, he's a mentor of the Reentry Program, Minister of leadership Builders, Paster of Mountain Moving Ministry, President of Main Prison Concept Club and he has written and published several books. He worked on the prison magazine the Angolite for 3 years.Norman, also write a monthly news letter for Mountain Moving Ministry. In 1990, Norman graduated from Peabody Magnet High School, and soon after graduating he enlisted in the Army National Guard. He is co-founder along with his mother of a non-profit organization that gives uniforms to children of incarcerated parents and provide aid to families within the community.

Norman's father and mother (Norman Sr and Brenda Dozier) are well known in the community. His mother is a retired school teacher in Alexandria and President of the Alexandria Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority. His father was the first African American Fire Chief of Alexander, who is now decease. His mother has worked diligently for 17 years for his freedom, without any results for her son.

Norman was not a saint in his younger years, neither was I. Norman admits to dealing drugs before his incarceration. Norman, like many of us, encountered some of life's hardest challenges and obstacles, which resulted in a path down the wrong road.I too have done things in my life that I'm not proud of, but God delivered me from it all. I've been a Registered Nurse for 16 and half years, and I decide to go back to pursue my Masters in Nursing. On May 17, 2013, I obtained a Master's degree in Nursing and my Family Nurse Practitioner degree. My family and Norman helped me tremendously in obtaining my goals. He has gone above and beyond for not only me, but other's. Guard's and other inmates speaks highly of Norman. Before I met Norman and some of the other inmates, I felt people were in prison for a reason and they should be there
and not have any communication with society. After spending time with Norman and some of the other inmates my views have changed. People make mistakes and deserve a second chance to prove they have been rehabilitated.

Alise Hart and Brenda Dozier
damn

Alexandria, LA

#2 Aug 30, 2013
So which is it? Wrongly convicted or deserves a second chance?

Listen to prisoners long enough and you'll be convinced that they're all good people.

He took a life but wants his back? I'm sure the person he killed would like to have theirs back as well.

Take that left sided, democrat, parole everyone bullshit somewhere else

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haughton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Karen Hazel Has a NASTY attitude with an APD of... (Dec '14) Fri Skillet 44
Downtown insanity Thu Skillet 13
News 27 suspects arrested in Alexandria prostitution... (Sep '09) Aug 25 5hole 22
any jobs that dont drug test (Mar '14) Aug 25 Skillet 34
News Record high temperature of 105 set in Alexandria Aug 25 Skillet 16
Hippie Kid Says He Has Long Hair Coz Jesus Aug 23 u married ur sister 13
Downtown.....again! Aug 22 Nodameen 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Haughton Mortgages