New 'green energy' plants for 3 locations including Natchitoches

There are 5 comments on the Aug 24, 2013, The Times story titled New 'green energy' plants for 3 locations including Natchitoches. In it, The Times reports that:

Cool Planet announced the plans Friday for bio-refineries in Alexandria, Natchitoches and a site still to be determined.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times.

Observant

Alexandria, LA

#1 Aug 25, 2013
This sounds great, but I hope none of these new energy companies end up like Solyndra.
I hate to see all the waste involving taxpayers' money.
Most

Natchitoches, LA

#2 Aug 25, 2013
For now, most of these upstarts will always end up like Solyndra, because the technology isn't there to make it feasible to replace "fossil fuel" technology. Think about all of the "un green" activity that would have to take place to make gasoline out of tree waste, and its inefficiency as compared to drilling and refining oil. Even corn ethanol is less efficient than just refining oil, and increases the cost of the gasoline, as well as any and all food products for humans and animals that contains corn.

I ask the green crowd if they think the "hybrid" auto technology is "green", and to explain that position fully.
Count Me In

Alexandria, LA

#3 Aug 25, 2013
I have some pulp wood to sell to these companies!
Lord knows, the paper mills haven't been buying much lately!
Most

Natchitoches, LA

#4 Aug 27, 2013
Most wrote:
For now, most of these upstarts will always end up like Solyndra, because the technology isn't there to make it feasible to replace "fossil fuel" technology. Think about all of the "un green" activity that would have to take place to make gasoline out of tree waste, and its inefficiency as compared to drilling and refining oil. Even corn ethanol is less efficient than just refining oil, and increases the cost of the gasoline, as well as any and all food products for humans and animals that contains corn.
I ask the green crowd if they think the "hybrid" auto technology is "green", and to explain that position fully.
Is nobody willing to answer the question? Not even "science guy"? Oh no, before he will discuss anything, first you must agree with his premise. After you agree with him, he will discuss a subject with you. Prior to that, you are just ignorant.
Most

Natchitoches, LA

#5 Aug 29, 2013
Why is it that most people who comment on this subject, especially the ones who judge posts with "clueless, spam or disagree" won't defend their position? Most all of the "climate change" "green" crowd will not debate with a person who doesn't believe the same things as they do about the subjects. They just act like you are ignorant if you don't agree with them right off, and they are above exchanging ideas.

That really sounds to me like they are the ones that are ignorant...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haughton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Collins?? 10 hr gossip 1
Toxic Aluminum 12 hr Nodameen 1
who do you want to be the next rapides parish s... (Mar '11) 12 hr Nodameen 19,911
Law of Attraction Creators Unite! Apr 24 SBCLifeCoach 2
Probate / Estate attorney (Apr '13) Apr 23 Nodameen 12
looking for girl 18 to 35 thats dtf Apr 21 stuntdawg 1
Sarah Williams fire department (Apr '12) Apr 20 Stunt Dawg 3
More from around the web

Haughton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]