Woman gets death penalty

Lisa Jo Chamberlin was sentenced Friday night to death by lethal injection for the brutal, March 2004 slayings of Hattiesburg residents Linda Heintzelman and her boyfriend, Vernon Hulett. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Heather

AOL

#1 Aug 5, 2006
She deserves it i couldnt rest until i new she had it if that was my child. Sick people get sick things done and for her not to say nothin the whole time until then she knows what she did.
Barbara

Camarillo, CA

#2 Aug 7, 2006
I am glad she will get death. This has been a tough case for my family. Vernon was my cousin. I would have never believed Roger capable of commmiting this crime. From what I have been told Lisa was a very jealous and controlling and plain EVIL person. Her claims that she wasn't allowed to leave the house are such BS. This woman was evil all the way through. Where was her family during the trial. I understand she has children that were taken away from her. My sympathies to her kids for having to grow up with their mothers shame.
lezlie

Novi, MI

#3 Aug 13, 2006
LISA is my sister although it may appear that she is at fault I would like it to be known that she was a victim.Our father MITCHELL R CHAMBERLIN is the one truly to blame. I would like to go into detail but only if you are truly intrested in hearing another side to the story.Parents be careful you have more control over your children than you may believe. Case in point my little sister Lisa Jo Chamberlin.
juju

United States

#4 Aug 14, 2006
I would like to know more. Please share with us.
lezlie

Novi, MI

#5 Aug 16, 2006
First of all let me state I am so very sorry for the families of the victims my sister killed I can't imagine their grief or the horror they must be experiencing. I truly wish them great healing and hopefully thru the verdict and sentencing they may find some kind of solace.
My sister was not a bad girl however our father was a very evil man and did disgusting and despicable things to little girls namely my little sister and to me. I chose one rode to handle it she chose another. I chose forgiveness and understanding she chose a life of drugs and forgetfullness. You have to either heal or make the pain dissappear. I regret deeply that I could not reach my little sister maybe if I would have tried harder, but I firmly believe nothing ABSULUTELY NOTHING happens in Gods world by mistake even if I can't comprehend or understand it.
veronica

United States

#6 Aug 28, 2006
lezlie wrote:
First of all let me state I am so very sorry for the families of the victims my sister killed I can't imagine their grief or the horror they must be experiencing. I truly wish them great healing and hopefully thru the verdict and sentencing they may find some kind of solace.
My sister was not a bad girl however our father was a very evil man and did disgusting and despicable things to little girls namely my little sister and to me. I chose one rode to handle it she chose another. I chose forgiveness and understanding she chose a life of drugs and forgetfullness. You have to either heal or make the pain dissappear. I regret deeply that I could not reach my little sister maybe if I would have tried harder, but I firmly believe nothing ABSULUTELY NOTHING happens in Gods world by mistake even if I can't comprehend or understand it.
Lezile I have to complitly agree with you. I have known Lisa Jo ever since 3rd grade in Pilot Rock. My heart gos out to the familys that have lost their loved ones. I would also like to talk to you more.
loma porter

United States

#7 Aug 31, 2006
I am Lisa's aunt and I'm raising one of her 3 kids, and this is proving to be a painful and heart breaking time for all of us. Life takes us down alot of roads, this is one I would not have chosen and no child should have to deal with. I was hoping Lisa would get life thinking it might be easier for her kids. But I think life in prison would be harder for her. We are taking it one day at a time, sometimes 1 hour at a time, and trying to protect her child. Time will tell how each heart will be able to deal with all this pain and sorrow.
Juju

United States

#8 Sep 4, 2006
For *all of you* you have my heart felt condolences and to Lisa's family too. I can not know how deep and painful this is for you all.

To all I bid Gods Speed!
lezlie

Novi, MI

#9 Sep 6, 2006
Veronica, I have been to Pilot Rock to visit Lisa many years ago. I hope to visit Lisa in Missippi at some point in time. It appears there are so many sides to this and no good seems to have come out anywhere but just to survive each day you have to believe there is a purpose we can't see electricity but we know it works. We don't understand but we must believe. lezlie
Red

Portland, OR

#10 Sep 8, 2006
Veronica, If you are who I think you are, we all went to grade school together. It would be nice to talk to you about all this. I've been out of the old PR loop for a long time and this brought back a lot of the great memories that you and Lisa are a large part of.
It is nice to hear that there are people out there who know that Lisa wasn't always a killer/drug fiend. She was a very good friend before the drugs took over her life and started pulling the strings.
Keith

Novi, MI

#11 Sep 14, 2006
This is to Heather and Barbara.
Shame on both of you! How dare you judge this women. you do not know her or her family or what she has been through. All you know is that her actions hurt you. Now what she did was wrong, but it is not your place to judge whether she lives or dies. Either way she is a human being and she may not of shown the people she hurt much respect. But I could only hope that the people in charge of her case would
lezlie

Novi, MI

#12 Sep 14, 2006
TEST10375X22Z
Andrea

Baker City, OR

#13 Oct 9, 2006
I also went to school in PR and knew Lisa very well. She was a very kind and caring person. Drugs turned her life into hell. Drugs had everything to do with what she did. At least now drugs can never hurt her again.
kathee

United States

#14 Oct 20, 2006
i also know Lisa from Pilot Rock, she had a good heart when she was straight, she use to help me clean the bar, just because, It is really sad that the drugs took hold of her, I know she tried to break free several times. only to fall back again and again. I am also sorry for the victim's families.
kathee pilot rock or

United States

#15 Oct 20, 2006
i also know Lisa from Pilot Rock, she had a good heart when she was straight, she use to help me clean the bar, just because, It is really sad that the drugs took hold of her, I know she tried to break free several times. only to fall back again and again. I am also sorry for the victim's families.
Andy Joyce

UK

#16 Oct 21, 2006
She does'nt deserve that. Fry her in the chair instead!!
Suz

Oxford, UK

#17 Nov 19, 2006
If Lisa did indeed commit this terrible crime, and of that there is no doubt, then she must take the consequences and the punishment. You cannot blame family life or drugs for what happened. There are a million people abused in life everyday. A million more dependant on drugs. Not all of them commit murder. Lisa knew the punishment would be death. And so that is the punishment she will receive. A sad fact, but a fact of life all the same. Lisa may have been caring and kind when at school. She never remained that way and chose to take someone else's life, of that she had no right. The punishment is fitting for the crime.

God rest her soul all the same.

My heart is with all those concerned, on both sides.
Joseph

Little Rock, AR

#18 Nov 24, 2006
I knew Vernon and met Lisa Jo and Roger before and after they killed Vernon, when no one knew. I don't care what they have been through, they are pieces of trash. Any meth user is a piece of trash. This woman is a sick person the sickest i have met or heard of. I hope that her execution is slow and painful. Anyone who can kill an older ladies son and then eat with her is a foul piece of trash that should be burned....!!!
lezlie

Novi, MI

#19 Nov 28, 2006
It's been awhile and it appears most are symphathetic. The ones who are angry that's understandable too. Let's all try to learn the lesson here. What Lisa did was horrific and most of us cannot begin to comprehend life on drugs or the extreme personality change that comes from it, but we can be aware if we have a brother or sister or friend in trouble. Ask yourself "what can I do to help?" I feel had i not been so involved in my own self, I may have heard her cries for help, maybe not perhaps she was destined for this, but I choose to believe I am my brothers keeper and if I turn to someone in need it makes my problems seem so less glaring.
Anthony

Chicago, IL

#20 Dec 11, 2006
Keith, how dare you jump on the people that are/were effected by this terrible crime. barbara and Heather have that right to feel what they feel.

After reading this board, I feel people on here have more sympathy for Lisa Jo than the two victims (Linda and Vernon), brutally murdered by two addicts. I didn't know what Lisa Jo's life was like, but I do know that she ended two others.

To go back and "finish the job" deserves no sympathy from me or others. She got the death penalty and it's well deserved, IMO.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hattiesburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
james turner, tina mae walton Dec 21 kelly 1
UFO around Perry/Forrest County 12/17/14 Dec 17 lulu 1
Internet Dec 12 Easy 1
Debate: Marijuana - Hattiesburg, MS (Aug '10) Dec 5 wweeeddd 30
Hattiesburg town hall meeting addresses crime Dec 5 Sean 2
safe place to live in/around hattiesburg Dec 5 Riley 2
Robert St. John: Living in Mississippi is somet... Dec 5 PlanC 1
Hattiesburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web